PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2 best dress sphere for each character and grid

Jeymz
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I was thinking that

Yuna: Gunner with cat nip
Rikku: Beserker
Paine: Mascot

what do you guys think?

and what do you guys think the best grid for each

Red Mage Coffman
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I gave everyone the Mascot dressphere. Cause it was the best. Ever. No argument.

Jeymz
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah is stats but I find some of the other abilities from other dress sphere really good

Karifean
11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
It really depends on where I am, but Mascot is always on the safer side. You can beat any enemy in the game with three Mascots and there'll be only a few that actually cause you problems. Although admittedly, Berserker and Dark Knights can also be real beasts. Berserker dodges all attacks and Dark Knights can deal lots of damage real fast.

So best dress sphere is definitely Mascot for all three, best grid is either Higher Power or The End (really doesn't matter which you pick since the Limit Breakers are present on both). There's just nothing that can really compete with that.

Jeymz
11-29-2012, 07:23 PM
It really depends on where I am, but Mascot is always on the safer side. You can beat any enemy in the game with three Mascots and there'll be only a few that actually cause you problems. Although admittedly, Berserker and Dark Knights can also be real beasts. Berserker dodges all attacks and Dark Knights can deal lots of damage real fast.

So best dress sphere is definitely Mascot for all three, best grid is either Higher Power or The End (really doesn't matter which you pick since the Limit Breakers are present on both). There's just nothing that can really compete with that.

what about item equips?

Karifean
11-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Also depends on the situation. Iron Duke is obviously the best choice, but ofc I'm not gonna have that until the game is pretty much over (same with Key to Success). So instead I usually pick accessories that raise Stats by 50/60 or two stats by 40. Defense +60 is incredibly useful, especially against enemies like Paragon or Trema, but the Champion's Belt (+40 Atk and Def) also works wonders. Sometimes I'll equip stuff like Auto-Haste but they're mostly inferior to the stat increasers. Mascots have Auto-Wall and Ribbon built in (which actually makes them a bit too powerful IMO) so they don't use up a slot either. Force of Nature is pretty neat but rather useless in the Via Infinito (which is the only place where your equipment really matters).
Rarely I also equip an HP +100% accessory, but I mostly prefer to increase my Defense because then the character is similarly resistent to damage, but takes a lot less time to be healed.

In conclusion:
Yuna is great to be equipped with a Regal Crown, a Crystal Ball or Crystal Gloves.
Rikku often gets a Speed Bracer and Crystal Gloves or an Oath Veil. Auto-Haste helps her do more attacks while Yuna and Paine are charging their abilities.
Paine, the damage dealer that she is, gets a Champion's Belt and Kaiser Knuckles. Though she's rather flexible.

I might also note that in the International Version I rarely ever use YuRiPa at all.