PDA

View Full Version : Another time travel thread

Citizen Bleys
11-29-2012, 05:16 AM
So.

Imagine you can send an impulse back in time that would alter onething in the past. It can be anything. Assume a paradox shield is in place so that nothing you can do can prevent your birth or stop the impulse from being sent in the first place. You can do anything.

Do you stop Hitler from coming into power? Cause a Carthaginian victory in the Second Punic War? Cause the United States to be constituted as a monarchy?

I'd stop Tzepish from writing Digger Nick into FF5Spoof.

Go!

Hollycat
11-29-2012, 05:36 AM
I go back in time and stab the first human

TrollHunter
11-29-2012, 05:37 AM
I would make it to where Hulk Hogan became ruler of the universe.

Shorty
11-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Prevent Kennedy's assassination.

Balzac
11-29-2012, 12:20 PM
I would stop the creation of pugs.

Bubba
11-29-2012, 02:30 PM
I would prevent Shorty's prevention of Kennedy's assassination.

Jowy
11-29-2012, 02:43 PM
preventing 9/11.

Shoeberto
11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
preventing 9/11.
I kinda wonder if preventing Kennedy's assassination would have a ripple effect of preventing this.

Jowy
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
preventing 9/11.
I kinda wonder if preventing Kennedy's assassination would have a ripple effect of preventing this.

I'd like to think a lot would have been prevented had the government not taken him out.

Peegee
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
You can only stop one thing. So things that are wont to happen (Good Presidents getting killed, etc) will tend to happen another way. That said, I wonder if somebody didn't cause Richard Lawrence's gun to jam. Andrew Jackson then proceeded to beat the everliving crap out of Lawrence with his (Jackson's) cane. Hilarity ensued.

I would probably do something that resulted in that. You'd think that I would do something like stop the federal reserve act of 1913 but Andrew Jackson already stopped central banking and it did absolutely nothing.

Andrew Jackson.

The 6 Most Utterly Insane Attempts to Kill a US President | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/article_16705_the-6-most-utterly-insane-attempts-to-kill-us-president.html)

(#4)

When Jackson attended a funeral in 1835 Lawrence followed, hoping to kill him and presumably tug his mustache and disappear in a cloud of smoke. He approached Jackson from behind, drew a pistol and fired into his back at near point blank range. The gun misfired.

Naturally, being an undead British king warrants carrying two pistols. He quickly drew and fired his second weapon. Same result. By this point others in attendance caught wind of our caped-crusader and wrestled him to the ground. President Jackson served up some justice with his hickory cane before actual legal justice was served. Lawrence was found not guilty by reason of insanity and spent the rest of his life in a mental institution.

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd stop the Mongolian destruction of Khwarezm and see what happens.

Chris
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I would travel back to 1975, and call an ambulance for my big idol, Cass Daley, who bled to death alone in her apartment when she fell an cut her throat on a glass table. :(

Del Murder
11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd tell myself to buy a bunch of Apple stock. If Family Guy has taught me anything, it's that preventing a disaster often leads to an even worse disaster.

Jinx
11-30-2012, 01:37 AM
I would tell the doctors that my mother's placenta was damaged, so my baby brother wouldn't have died and my mother wouldn't have bled out and been declared legally dead and suffer brain damage as the result. :monster:

Hollycat
11-30-2012, 01:46 AM
I would tell the doctors that my mother's placenta was damaged, so my baby brother wouldn't have died and my mother wouldn't have bled out and been declared legally dead and suffer brain damage as the result. :monster:

Way to kill the thread bro.

Futan
11-30-2012, 01:59 AM
I'd tell myself to buy a bunch of Apple stock. If Family Guy has taught me anything, it's that preventing a disaster often leads to an even worse disaster.

I'm glad I'm not the only greedy bastard here! :p Even just a grand spent when it was $1.375(all-time low) would turn into over half a million if sold at it's all-time high.

Mirage
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't want to change important parts of history unless I had one of Farnsworth's "what if..." machines. Soooo... yeah, I'd send my past self the winning numbers of some lottery with a really fucking huge jackpot.

Tigmafuzz
12-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Make several copies of Theodore Roosevelt, and freeze them until such a time as they are needed.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Teddy Roosevelt is always needed.

Unbreakable Will
12-01-2012, 02:56 AM
I would cause the writers of FF7 to rename Cloud "Whiny Bitch".