PDA

View Full Version : Let's say something impossible happens...

Shorty
11-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Let's say something impossible happens for which you have no proof. You see a UFO. A ghost. The Loch Ness monster. The face of god.

Whatever it is you see would only make you sound crazy if you ever disclosed your encounter. Would you try to tell others about it and try convince others of what you had seen? Or would you realize how crazy you sound and keep it to yourself? If you did decide to tell someone, who would be the first person you go to?

I probably wouldn't be able to contain myself. Rantz would just call me crazy, so I'd call my sister first.

Jiro
11-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I would tell Shorty. I would say, "Remember that time you made a thread about impossible things that nobody would believe? I saw something unbelievable."

Laddy
11-29-2012, 08:08 AM
I would tell it to fuck off.

Pheesh
11-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I would tell my mum cause she is the perfect blend of constantly stoned, crazy and super supportive. Her believing me would do absolutely nothing for my credibility though.

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I would take clear evidence of its occurrence to act as proof.

Night Fury
11-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I would keep it to myself and take it to my grave.

I don't want to be that crazy lady on the bus talking about monsters, okay?

Faris
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I would tell the internet because everyone would believe me. Everyone believes the crazy things they read on the internet!

Chris
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
People don't believe half of the stuff that I tell them, so what else is new. :( That doesn't stop me from keeping telling them, though. Honestly though, I tell people everything, but it's up to them whether or not if they choose to believe me.

Bubba
11-29-2012, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't tell anyone. Not after last time.

Not after I told JK Rowling about my experiences at a magical boarding school and she went on to earn £600 Million for telling the world about it. I wondered why she kept asking me loads of questions...

Mirage
11-29-2012, 05:27 PM
How is sighting an UFO impossible? I sure am not able to correctly identify everything I see in the sky.

Technicalities aside, I probably wouldn't tell people unless I managed to dig up any sort of evidence.

Sephex
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I would talk about it to close people, but that's about it. I would be too paranoid of being locked up or something if I tried to spread the news wide.

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Honest to god, true smurfing story. I was at a party with EoFF's Iceglow and he got laid. Not making this up. I heard it. This is genuinely a thing that happened, I am not just bulltroutting for the sake of this thread, I legitimately had this experience.

She was Polish, mind you.

Bubba
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM

Furniture polish?

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Shoe.

Bubba
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM

Furniture polish?

Shoe.

The kinky bastard.

Peegee
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Despite being the only person who saw or experienced something, I would still express myself to other people. I would however understand if they didn't listen....because nobody ever listens to me anyway :)

Mirage
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I once listened to PG, and it made my head asplode. I never told anyone about this cause no one would believe that I listened to him.

Iceglow
11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Honest to god, true smurfing story. I was at a party with EoFF's Iceglow and he got laid. Not making this up. I heard it. This is genuinely a thing that happened, I am not just bulltroutting for the sake of this thread, I legitimately had this experience.

I was with her for 4 years after that night, you probably should've been a bro and stopped me.

Furniture polish?

Shoe.

The kinky bastard.

I find your casual fascism against the country of my forebears and ex girlfriend amusing, carry on.

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't think you understand what fascism is, Steve. Or girlfriends for that matter. They have to be real to count, man. ;)

Raistlin
11-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I would probably dismiss what I saw as simply something that I didn't have enough knowledge to explain or some sort of illusion based on a defect in my own fallible human senses. I can't even imagine what I could witness that would actually convince me that I saw a ghost or an alien ship.

Assuming for the sake of discussion that I was convinced, I would probably tell people, at least my friends. The first person I tell would obviously be Shorty, because she's gullible enough to believe anything and so wouldn't laugh at me.

Iceglow
11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't think you understand what fascism is, Steve. Or girlfriends for that matter. They have to be real to count, man. ;)

Considering the girl he was talking about in his post was Ewa who whilst you didn't meet her you definitely came and stayed in the flat I had shared with her for like over a year.

Laddy
11-29-2012, 10:53 PM
You know this whole topic is pointless because the thread title insists the events are impossible. :colbert:

Jiro
11-30-2012, 01:12 AM
Way to be literal :(

Laddy
11-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Some things just can't be, Jiro. :monster:

Shorty
11-30-2012, 01:17 AM
You know this whole topic is pointless because the thread title insists the events are impossible. :colbert:

I'm suggesting they're impossible.

Jinx
11-30-2012, 02:06 AM
I have had ghost encounters, and I have told people about them, and I don't really care if they believed me or not. :monster:

Tigmafuzz
11-30-2012, 03:16 AM
As Neil deGrasse Tyson has stated, if there were an event that I knew would be unprovable without a strong amount of physical evidence., then I would keep it to myself, and if I couldn't even prove to myself that it actually happened, I would dismiss my own memory as hallucination. If Stephen Hawking himself showed up on my doorstep and said he had seen an alien mothership fly overhead, I would ask if he had any proof, and if not, I'd say good day. Within the scientific community, eyewitness testimony is quite possibly the lowest form of "evidence" there is, because, you know... people lie. A bit scary considering it's one of the highest forms of evidence one can put forth in a courtroom. But if I was completely convinced I had just witnessed a seemingly impossible event (I feel that nearly anything is possible, though) then

The first person I tell would obviously be Shorty, because she's gullible enough to believe anything

Flaming Ice
11-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Nessy/Sasquatch/Yeti would be my pet so you'd know.

Del Murder
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
If I saw a UFO I'd tell God, but he probably wouldn't believe me.

Cloudane
11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I'd probably not believe it myself and figure that my mind is doing something - so I'd sure as heck not tell anyone else except maybe my doctor :p

Aulayna
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Considering I'm always linking people to crazy conspiracy theory sites and having a good giggle over them they'll probably think I finally snapped and started believing it all.

blackmage_nuke
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I would first accept the possibility that maybe I am crazy. Then I'd probably post about it on EoFF. But I wouldnt say "I saw a Ghost/Ufo/Gspot." I'd say I saw something weird and it LOOKED like a blah blah blah so I dont get carted off to the nut house

Clo
11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I would be more likely to believe that I have lost my mind.

I feel like it's going to happen.

I'm just waiting for it now. :shifty:

Shorty
11-30-2012, 10:31 PM
You ought to trust yourself!

Jiro
12-01-2012, 12:33 AM
We can all blame Shorty for our paranoia now.

What if Shorty is secretly a government agent doing experiments on people and we're her guinea pigs?

Shorty
12-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Jiro is crazy. Crazy I tell you.

I've got my eye on you, son.

Tigmafuzz
12-01-2012, 12:51 AM
We can all blame Shorty for our paranoia now.

What if Shorty is secretly a government agent doing experiments on people and we're her guinea pigs?

She is either the most incompetent agent ever or the greatest actor I've ever seen.

Shorty
12-01-2012, 12:59 AM
You don't even know what my agent skills are.

Tigmafuzz
12-01-2012, 01:48 AM
You don't even know what my agent skills are.

I bet Rantz does.

Unbreakable Will
12-01-2012, 02:49 AM

Oh yeah? I'll see your tall tale of a Pollock trollop and raise you a true story about Steve getting offended by another EoFFers post. I know, I know what you're thinking; But he's such a good sport!
Trust me though, it really happened.
:colbert:

OP: I'd keep it to myself for fear of being incarcerated by good ol' Uncle Sam.