PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely To Get Together

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Over the years I have had many amusing nominations for this that don't make it through due to one or both of the members not being actual members. But they still make me smile, so I thought I'd start a thread so you can all post the kind of nominations that would never be accepted into the Ciddies for this award (and others, if you like).

Miriel
11-29-2012, 10:35 PM
You should just accept the joke nominations!

I mean, how often has that category legitimately predicted people likely to get together?

NOT ONCE! (I don't actually know, but I like making proclamations.)

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Loony BoB and Being Extremely Pedantic and Picky About Who Gets Nominated For Internet Awards on a Final Fantasy Message Board.

or just loony bob and shlupquack idk.

11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
While I don't believe any winners have ever got together, I can say that BoB predicted Rantz & Shorty to get together before they hooked up! Pretty sure a certain couple could win it and then hook up this time around, though, so who knows...

EDIT: Psy, that is pretty much the most common nomination I get. Or at least, variations of it. :p

Del Murder
11-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I like that I prompted this thread due to my nomination of the Manwich. I guess none of you will ever know what that is now.

However, I'm not sure why my Loony BoB & The Mayor of No-Funsville nomination was rejected.

Agent Proto
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Faris and [M] Faris! :D

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have accepted my "sharky and cars" one if you had received it. I used to do loads of those types of nominations, but I can never remember them.

Oh yeah, did I ever get round to doing "Loony BoB and A Quart of Lube"? :D

Sorry, Murd, but I can't find any member with 'Mayor' in the username at all. :(

Quinter: The only member to have mentioned lube in a PM to a host is Iceglow to Award Cerberus. I don't even want to know...

Psychotic
I also want to get together and nominate a pair of really random people who have never interacted in any way. Like, say, Crop and Shaibana. And they're both reading this like "wait... what the smurf? Did I... flirt with this person? What's going on?"

It's low level mischief but it puts a little smile on my face all the same. :)

Laddy
Loony BoB and Fascism seems like a good nomination as well. :colbert:

Del Murder
11-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Sorry, Murd, but I can't find any member with 'Mayor' in the username at all. :(
View Profile: The Mayor of No-Funsville - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/32264.html)

11-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Check your PM Inbox, Murd. :shifty:

I also want to get together and nominate a pair of really random people who have never interacted in any way. Like, say, Crop and Shaibana. And they're both reading this like "wait... what the smurf? Did I... flirt with this person? What's going on?"

There are a lot of nominations for this award that leave me and BoB wondering!

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Loony BoB and this guy (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/26248.html).

Heath
11-29-2012, 10:54 PM

And yet who knows, true love could blossom between those two random members!

Raistlin
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Loony BoB and Being Extremely Pedantic and Picky About Who Gets Nominated For Internet Awards on a Final Fantasy Message Board.

Daniel only won't allow these sorts of nominations because this one would win every time.

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
I could do this all night. (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/24533.html)

Del Murder
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
And you probably will.

Laddy
11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
And judging by your link, so can Loony BoB.

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
And you probably will.I've always prefered his left to be honest with you. Ever since he broke his hand changing a light bulb (man, those Ciddies were fun) the right's not had a lot of stamina.

Del Murder
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
What about this one? (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/25252.html)

Quindiana Jones
11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Fucking hell, how much cocaine was I on?

Psychotic
11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh ho ho, you card. Allow me to retort. What about Hypoallergenic Cactuar and Miriel? I mean, I assume at some point she's going to want someone a bit manlier and more sophisticated.

11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
And you probably will.I've always prefered his left to be honest with you. Ever since he broke his hand changing a light bulb (man, those Ciddies were fun) the right's not had a lot of stamina.
His left hand was the one that broke.

Crop
11-29-2012, 11:23 PM

The joke is on you, we're already madly in love.

Old Manus
11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
In the interests of absolutely no-one, my MLTGT nominations over the years:

NorthernChaosGod & Nobody, Ever
Yeargdribble and EoEO
Cuchulainn & Raistlin
Evastio & Himself
WarrenW & MichaelC

I would have gone further back but I was stumbling across conversations with people I never remember existing

Jiro
11-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Raistlin and his Ego
The Man and his Ego
Raistlin's Ego and The Man's Ego

Loony BoB and warm apple pie charts
Loony BoB and his feathery reflection

Roogle and a bathtub of money
Old Manus, Loony BoB, o_O and a sheep station (Sheep Shaggers United)

darkswordofchaos and Bud

Agent Proto
11-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Loony BoB and every member's hair.

NorthernChaosGod
11-30-2012, 06:09 AM
In the interests of absolutely no-one, my MLTGT nominations over the years:

NorthernChaosGod & Nobody, Ever
Yeargdribble and EoEO
Cuchulainn & Raistlin
Evastio & Himself
WarrenW & MichaelC

I would have gone further back but I was stumbling across conversations with people I never remember existing

:stare:

Jiro
11-30-2012, 06:14 AM
NCG's Left Ear and NCG's Right Ear
Blues Agent's package and NCG's Left Ear
Iceglow and a speech-to-text convertor
Iceglow and RSL's hat
Del Murder and a life of crime
Psychotic and Robbaz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noKvyhZ-IEQ)

Agent Proto
11-30-2012, 06:16 AM
NCG's Left Ear and NCG's Right Ear
The only thing separating them is his head. :jess:

Blues Agent's package and NCG's Left Ear

Shorty
11-30-2012, 06:20 AM
While I don't believe any winners have ever got together, I can say that BoB predicted Rantz & Shorty to get together before they hooked up!

Yeah, I don't even know how you guessed that.

Cuchulainn
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Cuchulainn & Raistlin

I've already hit that, you may remove this as it no longer qualifies

Iceglow
11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Quinter: The only member to have mentioned lube in a PM to a host is Iceglow to Award Cerberus. I don't even want to know...

I don't remember the exact details but if I remember rightly wasn't it a nomination for either Arthur or Julian what included a bottle of lube?

Also me and RSL's hat? what Jiro. Plus a speech to text converter would be pointless for me. I'm chatty yes, but I'm much more eloquent in my writing.

Sefie1999AD
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM

Such as...

- Christmas (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/15004.html) and summer (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/33483.html)
or
- Tifa's Boobs (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/36506.html) and ShadyMilkman (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/8948.html)? :D

Ultima Shadow
11-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Guess I'll post the one I nominated:

Citizen Bleys and Queen of Cards (CPU)

Jiro
11-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Also me and RSL's hat? what Jiro.

I don't think RSL owns socks. So I went with the next best thing :monster:

Iceglow
11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Also me and RSL's hat? what Jiro.

I don't think RSL owns socks. So I went with the next best thing :monster:

I'll give your hat a dose if you aren't careful just remember that when you're walking around with the old corker on.

Tigmafuzz
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Iceglow and A Small Microwaved Grapefruit Peel

Citizen Bleys
11-30-2012, 07:38 PM
So in full disclosure, it was Psy who was to get together with his reflection, and WesLY who was to get together with an inflatable companion.

EDIT:

Guess I'll post the one I nominated:

Citizen Bleys and Queen of Cards (CPU)

Not going to happen, I'm already in an abusive relationship with Dr. Kadowaki. She beats me.

escobert
11-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Joel Kane is the best ever forever.

Agent Proto
11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Joel x Kane is old school.

Aerith's Knight
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Loony BoB x Loony BoB's special friend (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/17501.html)

Pike
12-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I will have you all know that I nominated Loony BoB & Excel.

Then Award Guy told me it doesn't count because Excel hasn't posted since 2003. :(

rubah
12-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Been there.

Got that.

12-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I will have you all know that I nominated Loony BoB & Excel.

Then Award Guy told me it doesn't count because Excel hasn't posted since 2003. :(
This was my favourite one so far, probably. Purely because Excel is a legitimate member.