PDA

View Full Version : THQ is desperate

Pike
11-30-2012, 02:05 AM
And now you can buy a bunch of their games, including Saints Row: The Third, for like $6 USD. (https://www.humblebundle.com/)

Just fyi :bigsmile:

Mirage
11-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Isn't that whole humblebundle thing pretty old news now? I remember hearing about it several years ago.

krissy
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
but it has several iterations a year now
and i love it
wouldnt have bought sr3 otherwise

I Don't Need A Name
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Humblebundle is usually only done with indie developers, so THQ taking part in it is showing that they really are desperate for money. That's why it's new news Mirage!

Also, I grabbed a copy for myself and paid the £3.50 needed to gets Saints Row 3rd just in case they add any others for people who pay over the average price (seeing as I'm not gonna be touching SR3 with a barge pole)

Futan
11-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Earlier this month I believe, there was bankruptcy rumors involving THQ. Then again, there's been bankruptcy rumors involving THQ for years...

Bolivar
11-30-2012, 03:53 AM
But you can choose to give all the money to charity, so I don't see how they're desperate. Maybe it's wishful thinking on their part, but if they were going all clearance on us they would've had a Steam sale, or more likely, something on their console titles, where a) piracy isn't as rampant and b) gamers don't have the luxury of only paying a few dollars for recent AAA games.

I don't want Saint's Row, I already have Company of Heroes, but I'm really tempted to give Child's Play $1 for Metro and Darksiders, but I'd kinda feel guilty that I only gave them $1, and it was to basically steal two games....

I can't take all this guilt.

Balzac
11-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I posted this earlier in IRC, I bought the pack, half to charity half to THQ. I like that even though they are broke as shit, they are still donating to charity.

DMKA
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
They apparently expected Darksiders II to sell way more than the 1.5 million copies it did, even though the first game barely sold a million and got mediocre reviews. Considering how much manpower and advertising money they dumped into II anyway, this doesn't surprise me.

Pike
11-30-2012, 10:15 AM
but it has several iterations a year now
and i love it
wouldnt have bought sr3 otherwise

Yeah Humblebundle does a new set of games every few months, it's fantastic. It's where like half of my Steam games came from.

Værn
11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Got this last night and joined one of my friends in Saints Row co-op. Hilarity ensued when I got my hands on a stun gun.

I Don't Need A Name
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
And so it seems that the ploy has worked, as THQ's stock has increased around 40% over yesterday's price. And, with Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light coming out soon, it's a pretty good ploy to get people into the franchises.

Formalhaut
11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
And so it seems that the ploy has worked, as THQ's stock has increased around 40% over yesterday's price. And, with Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light coming out soon, it's a pretty good ploy to get people into the franchises.

Extremely :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: franchises...

Shoeberto
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I read some investor discussion about the stock increase and the increase is pretty much meaningless at this point - cheap stocks + publicity doesn't necessarily equal a saved company. I'm glad they're getting positive attention and some funds raised but it's too soon to say if this saves them.

I'm excited for the games, at least. I held off on SR3 during the Steam sale and I'm kinda glad I did.

Sephex
11-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I purchased this pack of games because I MUST INCREASE MY BACKLOG UNTIL I HAVE MORE GAMES THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED OPPOSED TO ONES THAT I HAVE BEATEN!!

Pike
12-02-2012, 01:37 AM
SEPHEX

YOU AND ME MAN

SOON WE'RE GONNA BE AT A 90% UNPLAYED / 10% PLAYED RATIO

AND THAT'S WHEN YOU'LL KNOW WE'RE HARDCORE

krissy
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
im an hour into sr3
goty