PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Instance of How You and Your Pets Found Each other!

41-Inches-Wide
11-30-2012, 03:36 AM
I found a little kitty wandering around a diner where I was eating grilled chicken late last night. :jess: I asked the people around if the kitty had an owner but fortunately was pronounced as a stray.

I took the kitty home and I am now the happy companion of Ceylon. This is my kitty's name. Attached is a picture of an adorable sleeping face.

Aside from Ceylon I also have Earl Grey, my other older cat who I found 5 months ago shivering in our village dumpster.

I also have Yojimbo the dog who was given to me as a wee baby because the owner could not take care of a very hyper Border Collie.

Tell me how you and your beloved pets came to be together and weathered storms together and all the lovely memories you shared! :cry:

PICS FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Balzac
11-30-2012, 03:45 AM
This is my dog Toto, I'm sure I posted a pic of her somewhere on here before. My dad bought her as a puppy. She use to fit in the palm of my hand, now she's a fat bitch!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z180/Balzak309/toto.jpg

rubah
11-30-2012, 04:29 AM
Lola was living with a family where the son was allergic and the mother thought she was clever in reducing litterbox duty by reducing food.

Luckily they knew how to use craigslist!

Flaming Ice
11-30-2012, 04:30 AM
My mom's uncle was allergic so he gave the dog away to us.

He used to be a show dog too. Apparently his show name was "stagecoach express"...yeah thankfully it's Polar now (or Puller if you're the groomer who can't spell it right ;))

Shorty
11-30-2012, 04:58 AM
I obtained all of my animals thanks to Craigslist.

My puppy was a part of an accidental litter that the family just wanted to find good homes for. They were previous breeders and used to charge for puppies but they were kind enough to let these ones all go for free. Achilles was mostly all black and had his one little Monroe spot on his face and just stood out to me so much, so I picked him when he was a week old and came back to get him when the puppies were old enough to be taken from their mother.

My kitty Zizi was found locked in an abandoned rental home with her mother and the rest her litter. The owner came by to check on the property and found that the tenants had abandoned the home with the cat locked inside for god knows how long and nearly starving to death. The homeowner was kind enough to take the mama cat and her kittens in and get them healthy before trying to find homes for them.

My other kitty Balthazar (who I have nicknamed Night Fury) was abandoned in a box and left near a dumpster out behind a construction company where I picked him up.

I will post pictures of them all later as I'm on my phone.

41-Inches-Wide
11-30-2012, 05:20 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have tears about to fall right now from all your stories!!!! So many unwanted animals in the world makes me want to create a planet just for them. :jess:

DMKA
11-30-2012, 05:24 AM
My kitty Zizi was found locked in an abandoned rental home with her mother and the rest her litter. The owner came by to check on the property and found that the tenants had abandoned the home with the cat locked inside for god knows how long and nearly starving to death. The homeowner was kind enough to take the mama cat and her kittens in and get them healthy before trying to find homes for them.

My other kitty Balthazar (who I have nicknamed Night Fury) was abandoned in a box and left near a dumpster out behind a construction company where I picked him up.
Sad stories with happy endings. ;__;

There's no amazing story about how I met my wiener. A friend of a friend had some puppies from her two dachshunds she wanted to sell, I went and took a look at them. There were five, four girls, one boy. The boy was the most adorable of the bunch and came up and got acquainted with me before I even had a chance to pick him out.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/rqfrx.jpg

Peegee
11-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Roommate of mine was walking home from school when she saw this dog running around between people and into traffic (!!!)

so she called to the dog and the dog followed her home.

so we got a doggie~~~~~~

Tigmafuzz
11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Every single one of my animals, throughout my entire life, has either been a rescued stray, adopted from a shelter, or the offspring of one we already had rescued/adopted. Except for the chinchilla, unless you consider accepting it from someone else because they couldn't take care of it themselves to be rescuing.

Denmark
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7TTxTCCMAACCSl.jpg

i got my bunny from a breeder. [/boringstory]

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I have a few dogs, but I guess the most special is Darla.

She was from our first bred litter, and I was there at the birth, and when she was born - she was born breach. We passed her straight over to my Grandma who had a towel and she started drying her off, well, "It's a boy!" she said, and carried on with the towel, and then all I remember is her face going white. She called over my stepdad who just looked down and picked her up and took off out of the front door. At the time, the vets was literally on our corner.

I didn't know what was going on, so I just continued to look after the pups we had. And then my Gran told me that the puppie's skin had torn open around her stomach where the cord had been attached, so obviously the cord ripped so harshly when she came out breach... Her insides were outside.

My Gran said "Don't expect her to come back mind" and I just said "No, she'll be back, she'll be fine"

About a half hour later my Stepdad came back in and we just waited, and he pulled out the puppy. The vets had operated on her, and she survived the op. But still they told me she could die over the next few days.

I nursed her, sometimes hand fed her, always gave her the most attention for the next week or so, and lo and behold she survived. I was always told to never name the pups, I always did, so I gave her the name Darla, because in 'Buffy' Darla dies and is given life again.

Well, a buyer came, and took two puppies. Two girls, Darla and Liza. She had them about 3 weeks, before we got a call, she told us she couldn't handle the two of them. So we went right out and picked Darla back up. My Stepdad hadn't wanted to sell her in the first place, but we thought at the time she'd be going to a great home.

Turns out she was the naughtiest, bossiest puppy of the lot once they started running around! And 8 years later she's still around, good and healthy, never had a single health problem!

41-Inches-Wide
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
:cry: wow you guys this is pretty awesome

I've actually never bought a pet from a store before. I wonder now how that feels like? Is it as magical as the stories above? :jess:

Flaming Ice
12-02-2012, 04:07 AM
My dog ...usually I brush the leaves off him after he goes outside but my brother took this pic and I wasn't there at the time.... the other one is the family dog (she used to have a rug in her cage but my mom took it out so she cuddles with my dog instead every once in a while).

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522181_10152268717575455_1044427616_n.jpg

Agrias
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
My silly puppyyyyyyy, whom I love with all my heart!!!

I was looking for a pure dobe at the spca. I found one but she was already adopted. I didnt want to leave without at least saving one of the doggies, so I found Buddy! My wee husky/dobe.

He's dah bestest. :F