PDA

View Full Version : Mens Christmas Presents

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Okay, so it's nearly Christmas, and I'm just finishing up on my shopping, and as always I've left the men in my family till last... all I can think of to get them are novelty slippers and socks :roll2

Soooo, I'm asking all you boys of Eyes On, what is your perfect Christmas present, that's not too expensive, so I guess a stocking filler!

And ladies, what do you buy your menfolk for Christmas? I'm at a loss here! Grateful that I don't have a boyfriend to buy for this year though. :cool:

http://www.busybeecandles.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/christmas-stocking.jpg

Oh, and have a Christmas tune!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARq6uYSsUq0

Chris
11-30-2012, 12:20 PM
- Money
- Alcohol
- Sex
- Cars
- Tickets to some violent convention

Guys aren't picky when it comes to gifts!

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
- Money
- Alcohol
- Sex
- Cars

But the question is, do you like Homer Simpson slippers?

Chris
11-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I think he'll enjoy bouncing around in those. :D

Tigmafuzz
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
A sandwich and shut the hell up

Shauna
11-30-2012, 12:34 PM
My Dad likes DVDs and stuff, so I get him that.

Mr Shauna gets a variety of things depending on what he needs/wants. Like this year I got him an ExtHD, a custom iPhone case and Lost Odyssey.

And that ends the only guys in my life. xD I'll maybe have a drink with my best cousin on Boxing Day or something. :3

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Lost Odyssey is a great game. Good choice.

I wish more people would just buy me nice underwear and socks. :(

Jiro
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah man I don't mind a nice pair of underwear for Christmas. As a stocking filler, sure. Might be a bit weird to buy it for a friend though. Uhm, not sure otherwise. Be creative, or get something silly and novelty.

Futan
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Socks and ties. Guys love that shit.

Money.

DK
11-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Well I was going to come in and hand out some suggestions but then despite the fact that in your post you clearly alluded to the fact that you're looking for gift ideas for your family, Chris suggested "Sex" as the third thing on his list and I now find myself contemplating suicide as an escape from what my eyes have seen. :stare:

Jinx
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Gift cards.

Pike
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Guys are easy to shop for, just ask for their Steam wishlist.

If they don't have one of those then clearly their priorities are misplaced! :colbert:

Cuchulainn
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Christmas Presents I'd Like This Year;

1. Blow Job

Jowy
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
anything we have the possibility of injuring ourselves with is a fantastic gift choice. swords, power tools, throwing stars. or just check stuff that's on sale on gentlemint; every dude wants something off that site.

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 04:30 PM
anything we have the possibility of injuring ourselves with is a fantastic gift choice. swords, power tools, throwing stars. or just check stuff that's on sale on gentlemint; every dude wants something off that site.

I was thinking of silly little gadgety things, they're always a laugh :)

Shorty
11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
When I asked babe what he wanted this year he gave me the link to Victoria's Secret and said nothing else.

So I guess I'll be filling his stocking with stockings.

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
When I asked babe what he wanted this year he gave me the link to Victoria's Secret and said nothing else.

So I guess I'll be filling his stocking with stockings.

:mad2:

TMI MOTHER. TMI.

Shorty
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Darling, these things happen. Sometimes men like to cross the lines of the genders and we shouldn't discourage it if that's what they really want.

Night Fury
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Darling, these things happen. Sometimes men like to cross the lines of the genders and we shouldn't discourage it if that's what they really want.

Pontus Horn af Frankenfurter

Rantz
11-30-2012, 05:03 PM
You heard them, ladies of EoFF. Send me your underwear for Christmas. Thanks! :3

Shorty
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
That wasn't what you said :colbert:

Formalhaut
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
- Money
- Alcohol
- Sex
- Cars

Since when could you stuff a prostitute in a stocking? You have some issues there Chris :screwy:

Peegee
11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
he wanted those girls. or you wearing what they were wearing.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-FJkWbxJqXvQ/UEO1Yc9DMsI/AAAAAAAAED8/UFHURk4nLWI/s1600/latin+Pretty+Girl22.png

"Wish you were her"

~*~Celes~*~
11-30-2012, 07:38 PM
My dad is a little hard to shop for, but he seems to like restaurant gift cards well enough.

My brothers are all gamers so anything themed toward their favorite game, like a shirt.

My husband is also a gamer, so usually a game he doesn't have yet that's been on his amazon wish list for years, or he likes graphic tees and such.

Citizen Bleys
11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
After my sister was born, I got my father some Just For Men hair dye, anticipating correctly that he would need it.

Miriel
11-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Things I've gotten my menfolk on the past:

iPhone instant charger
Wireless mouse
Loads of ties
Rare comics
Custom bobble head figurines
Poker chip set
Dart board
Armani watch
DVDs
Huge compilation of Final Fantasy music
Clothes
Money
PSP - Hacked and pre-loaded with a bunch of games
Nintendo DS Lite
R4 - for unlimited gaming delight on the DS
Zombie survival kit

If you need help, I would suggest:

Cool Material Gift Guide (http://coolmaterial.com/gift-guide/) - For gadget-y stuff
Think Geek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/) - For the nerds
Art of Manliness (http://artofmanliness.com/) - For all sorts of manely stuff from shaving tools to bags, shirts, journals, etc.

Also, throughout the year, whenever people mention something that they need or want, make a note of it. I just the notes app on my phone and sometimes Evernote to keep track.

And also consider experiences as gifts. Concerts are a great gift idea for guys (and girls). Or even something more low key like taking them to a Museum featuring something they're interested in, or a nice steak dinner.

If you're really at a loss, I would suggest something along the lines of the Zombie survival kit, although it doesn't have to be for zombies. Buy a big pastic tub and fill it with useful survival stuff. First aid kit, alcohol, a knife, matches, candles, packaged food, water, a book on how to survive whatever it is you want them to survive. I personally chose: http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628

The expense shouldn't be *too* bad and it's a really fun but practical gift.

Clo
11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
*in a low, manly voice* I like it when girls buy me strap-ons. I think all guys are like this, amirite?

Jowy
11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
*in a low, manly voice* I like it when girls buy me strap-ons. I think all guys are like this, amirite?

that statement could not be any further from the truth. maybe for a few people here...

Heath
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Moving swiftly on...

I think most of the suggestions people have made are good, especially Miriel's and those who have suggested gadgety things. I think you'd also be surprised at some of the less flashy presents - my girlfriend has bought me a number of nice food gifts (chocolates and biscuits) and clothes.

On a tangentially related topic, I put myself through the annual awkwardness of going to buy Catch Kidston goods with floral patterns on them for her Christmas gifts. I always think I look ridiculous going in that shop...

Denmark
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
i want a hamburger! no, a cheeseburger! i want a hot dog, i want a milkshake, i want potato chips

Laddy
11-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I just buy my dad a tie in a flamboyant color. That way he's forced to go to work in bright magenta or orchid.

Have fun with your gift.

Cuchulainn
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM

I don't even assume that position to tie my ashoes girl.

Shlup
12-01-2012, 12:59 AM
BJ's always demanding I bring him a "horn of ale" so he's getting a drinking horn.

Shiny
12-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Socks
Tie
Wallet
Watch

Are all insanely lame and generic gifts to get a man imo. I would only get a guy a watch if I could afford a really amazing one and if he'd wear it, but most guys I know don't even wear watches.

I generally just get my dad, brother, and boyfriend clothes. However for my dad, I got him an RC plane that he can fly because he likes those. For my brother I'll probably get him a nice sweater of some sort since he likes to be cute and only if he gives me my friggin' car back. Otherwise he gets nothing. :colbert:

My boyfriend, he wants clothes, but he also likes cute things. Not sure what to get him other than clothes because no video games he wants are out right now. He is also not traditionally in to "man things" as is apparent by his taste in music, movies, and shows. Would be nice to have a few ideas.

black orb
12-01-2012, 04:19 AM
>>> Cologne.
Real men doesn't bathe..:luca:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Soooo, I'm asking all you boys of Eyes On, what is your perfect Christmas present, that's not too expensive, so I guess a stocking filler!

I really enjoyed my stocking last year. If I recall correctly it contained an iTunes gift card, a DS game or two, and tons of candy to fill all the rest of the space of the stocking. I enjoy gummi life savers and tootsie rolls.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-01-2012, 08:34 AM

Video games, of course. Or books. Or tech stuff, or anything you put actual thought into.

And ladies men, what do you buy your menfolk for Christmas? I'm at a loss here! Grateful that I don't have a boyfriend to buy for this year though. :cool:

I usually get my dad something he needs (like gloves), related to his interest (like something to do with cars), or TV series I know he will like (Thankfully, in that regard we are mostly similar).

As for my guy friends, it is basically whatever is on sale on Steam and is on their wishlist.

And my boyfriend, probably something he can use since he's that type of guy (thinking of Outlook because he was bitching about the lack of it in the Office Home & Student). Maybe a little Sonic figure because that's the only geeky thing he likes. Thought about getting him a watch for our anniversary but he only likes to wear one for work because "it looks more professional" than actually enjoys wearing them.

blackmage_nuke
12-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Personally Im happy with anything as long as its not something that looks like you're trying to change me.

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Beard oil.

Aulayna
12-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Put a can of Guinness in the stocking. My Nan used to do that for my Grandad and it made his morning every year!

SkyRender
12-03-2012, 05:26 AM
General things I like to get:

-Craft beer gift set
-Electronics
-Gaming paraphernalia (tshirts/manly cactuar stuffed-doll/collector item)
-yoyo
-something to pass the time at work
-book (sadly last WOT book comes out after xmas)

.... and I'm out of ideas at the moment!

Pheesh
12-03-2012, 06:03 AM
A t-shirt of a band/sports team he likes is always a safe bet.

Jinx
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Miriel's post is strangely sexist.

Miriel
12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Miriel's post is strangely sexist.

By strangely sexist, do you mean not really sexist at all? Then yeah, that's true!

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Beard oil.

is there such thing and where can I get some?

Shorty
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Etsy is your friend. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/109752702/really-big-beard-oil-olive-rosemary?ref=sr_gallery_4&sref=sr_ce38e9e4f4da25026a62524d4dc9fb4a3abe35891efd8f13c39f2d3054850299_1354562488_14109577_beard&ga_search_query=beard+oil&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all)

Iceglow
12-05-2012, 01:48 AM
with regards to getting guys things for Christmas? I personally suggest that you simply buy several large bottles of whisky and some FINE cigars. Even if they don't smoke.