PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Music Mentioned In GameFAQs Top 10

Formalhaut
11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
As shown here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2527.html) it is GameFAQ has decided to run a poll across the entire boards to determine the best music of various categories. According to their list, the following was chosen:

Mini-Game: Fiddle de Chocobo from VII
FMV: Assault of the silver dragons from IX
Dungeon/Outdoor: Judgement Day from VII
Final Battle: Dancing Mad from VI
Opening/Main Theme/Vocal: Liberi Fatali from VIII
Character: Terra's Theme from VI
Town/City: Fisherman's Horizon from VIII
Boss Battle: Battle At The Bridge from V
Battle: Man With The Machine Gun from VIII
Cut Scene/Other: You're Not Alone from IX

What do you guys think? Personally I'm surprised by the lack of the later games in this, X - XIII were not covered at all!

I Don't Need A Name
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
What do you guys think? Personally I'm surprised by the lack of the later games in this, X - XIII were not covered at all!

I think that was probably due to the declining quality without as much of Nobuo's input, but also the lack of nostalgia. Memorable game music comes from hearing the track and thinking of a long distant moment in a game that it reminds you of, and FFXII and XIII are in too recent memories with too few magnificent set pieces to spark as many emotions, imho anyway.

The list itself is pretty damn good though. Terra's Theme, Liberi Fatali and Dancing Mad are all very good choices. I would have much preferred Vamo Alla Flamenco over Fiddle de Chocobo but that's personal preference for you!

Formalhaut
11-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Mmm, I'm not sure. I actually didn't care much for Liberi Fatali (Begin hiding now). I mean, sure, they may not have won, but they didn't even get a runners up spot for hardly any of them. X's OST is for me one of the greatest. I loved Movement in Green.

Red Mage Coffman
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree about the lack of later games, but as the nameless person above me said, it lacks the nostalgia to have a place in the hearts of the people voting.

Me, I LOVE 13's soundtrack. It was beautiful and I think Lightnings or Hopes theme could have EASILY topped Terra's. Hell, even Sazh's theme could have. And his theme is Jazzzzzzzzz. I think Valla Flamenco should have had a place as well.

Man With the Machine Gun will forever be the best battle theme in existence. EVER.

Bolivar
12-01-2012, 12:44 AM
^ yes yes yes yes on man with the machine gun.

I thought XIII had a wonderful soundtrack, and Hitoshi Sakimoto who did FFXII is one of my favorite composers, but I can understand that neither game's music just stands out and pops like that 32 or even 16-bit stuff did. There's a crazy amount of heart and soul in Uematsu's work, there's a reason why he's considered the best of the best.

I like Liberi Fatali a lot as well.

Depression Moon
12-01-2012, 03:51 AM
The Two VII ones need to go. VII to me has the 2nd worst soundtrack out of the games I've played not counting X-2. I can definitely understand nothing from XI, XII, and XIII. I've listened to the music from those games and they're nothing special.

Replace Fiddle De Chocobo with Vamo Alla Flamenco and Judgment Day with Another Moon or New Continent and we'd be straight.

Formalhaut
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Aww, but I liked Judgement Day! Though out of all of the "de Chocobos", I definitely thought it wasn't the greatest. I liked Mambo de Chocobo.

Del Murder
12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
The Two VII ones need to go. VII to me has the 2nd worst soundtrack out of the games I've played not counting X-2. I can definitely understand nothing from XI, XII, and XIII. I've listened to the music from those games and they're nothing special.
Have you not heard Ronfaure? It's one of Uematsu's last, and possibly greatest, pieces. I would replace that for the Dungeon/Outdoor category but otherwise this is a pretty solid list. :up:

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I second the Ronfaure love. I've never played XI but on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy I became hooked on that song.