PDA

View Full Version : Earliest memory.

Agent Proto
11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
What is your earliest memory that you can recall from your childhood?

I can't recall how old I was, but I do remember the time when I was living in England, I remember that my family had a black cat named Midnight. One time, he brought home a dead bird in his mouth. I also remember hanging out with the girl next door, she was older than I was, and we read books, mostly Clifford the Big Red Dog books. I also remember that my brother had a red wagon for Christmas, and I remember playing the Atari 3600. I think this would have been my earliest childhood moment that I can recall by memory.

:monster:

Clo
11-30-2012, 09:50 PM
My earliest memory is throwing a remote control into a filled bathtub.

Chris
11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0)

I was three, and I remember it so vividly.

Jowy
11-30-2012, 09:58 PM
spooky orange chairs in the first house i lived in! second memory is that i was convinced the cookie monster chair I had was alive and drinking my water at night. then i learned how evaporation works.

Citizen Bleys
11-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Getting stung by a bee.

Lonely Paper Star
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Legitimately posing in the crib for my mom's pictures when I was a baby. I was trying to be a model. XD

Shorty
11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Spraying my sister in the eyes with window cleaner and my dad bringing her to the sink to wash it out.

Faris
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I only remember bits and pieces and I have no idea which was the earliest. I've purposely forgotten most of it anyway.

Pheesh
11-30-2012, 11:11 PM
A very early memory of being put to bed by both my mum and dad, they weren't separated so I was younger than 3. I remember there was music playing next to my crib which apparently checks out with them, my dad used to put on his old tapes for me.

Cuchulainn
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
This may sound stereotypical of a Belfast Boy but it is honestly this,

Sitting on my front door step in Elswick Street, West Belfast, with a toy black formula one racing car playing with it, in between watching a riot. My family moved there as we were gutter-people poor and it was the onlyu housing we could afford. Luckily the street is right in an interface area off the Springfield Road that splits Catholics & Protestants. Street looks completely different now, thwey tore down the old terrace housing & put up small semi-detached hovels. It's not even a sad memory, I liked it there.

Witness a slice of West Belfast the big fencing you see used to be a Jerusalem style separation wall. We're still separated but at least now it's not unsightly;

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=elswick+street+belfast&hl=en&ll=54.601692,-5.963237&spn=0.008253,0.026157&hnear=Elswick+St,+Belfast,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=54.601547,-5.96291&panoid=lYjo0E_6uPunENuMFtmH7Q&cbp=12,258.23,,0,6.1

Great Times.

Clo
11-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Agh, Cuch is so Irishy awesome :cuch:

Jiro
12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I used to have a recurring dream about walking around the back of my grandmother's house. From my relation of the dream to my ma, it turns out to have actually been true. I still have no idea why 3 or 4 year old me's memories were infused in my dreamscape for so long.

Shlup
12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I believe my earliest memory would be me tumbling off the couch and my mom and her sister laughing. I would have to be two at the most.

Mirage
12-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I remember the building of the day care center that I would later go to, which means I must have been around 3 years old. My two years younger brother also claims to remember that, but I kind of doubt that's possible.

Tigmafuzz
12-01-2012, 01:59 AM
My oldest vivid memory is when I was about two years old on a playdate with a neighbor's kid, and I was flipping through an encyclopedia learning some of them big words. I turned to my friend and asked her if she could help me pronounce "pal-e-oon-tol-oh-guh-ist." She didn't know because she had never heard it either, and she couldn't read yet even though she was a year older than me. We then proceeded to organize a small pretend toy store.

My oldest construct memory is when I was running around the house at about nine months pointing at things and yelling out what they are. I've been told about it from people who knew me at that age, and while I don't exactly remember it, I can imagine myself from that little two-foot-tall viewpoint and see all the things I was pointing at like doorknobs and books and remember the layout of the house perfectly, so it may as well be a memory.

Pike
12-01-2012, 02:02 AM
My earliest memory is lying on my back while my mom changed my diaper. She said something to the effect of "Do you still want diapers or do you want to start wearing underpants and using the big girl potty chair now?" And I thought about it and said "Underpants."

To this day my mom says I required no toilet training.

Madame Adequate
12-01-2012, 02:13 AM
My earliest memory is sneaking out of my bedroom to see my grandma (I was told to stay in my room by my parents because my gran had friends over. I hadn't misbehaved, it doesn't make any sense to me either), getting there, then getting caught by my parents and spanked for it pretty harshly.

Mirage
12-01-2012, 02:16 AM
That'll teach you to want to get to know your grandparents.

Cuchulainn
12-01-2012, 03:00 AM
My earliest memory is sneaking out of my bedroom to see my grandma (I was told to stay in my room by my parents because my gran had friends over. I hadn't misbehaved, it doesn't make any sense to me either), getting there, then getting caught by my parents and spanked for it pretty harshly.

This is disturbing. I've been memory trumped by odd parental behavior

Shiny
12-01-2012, 03:53 AM
The earliest memory is taking a crap so devastatingly painful that it shocked me into a stream of consciousness. Well not really. I got that from an Eddie Murphy joke.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Sometimes I look at old photographs of myself and think "I remember when this was taken". Then I think about it some more and wonder "...or maybe I just recall seeing this picture quite a few years ago?"

An example of an earliest memory doesn't even come to mind. I remember plenty about being young, but among the scattered memories nothing comes to mind as "this came first".

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I was about 2 and my dog attacked my best friend. I remember seeing her face covered in blood and my mom driving us to meet my friend's mom. After that, it is watching the Poltergeist movie. I really don't have great early memories. I do recall a cool clown birthday cake somewhere amongst there too. :D

blackmage_nuke
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
It was a dream about someone kidnapping our dog. I didnt know the difference between dreams and reality at the time so I was quite upset.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I woke up this morning.

Bubba
12-01-2012, 10:36 AM
My mum organising my 3rd or 4th birthday party and inviting lots of other kids round. I distinctly remember not talking to any of them but gratefully accepting all their presents.

yukina
12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Not sure if this is the earliest memory but it's the earliest one I can give a somewhat exact date to. When I was around 3 years old, my preschool classmate got hit by a truck 2 meters in front of me. I remember my 2 other Japanese classmates were trying to hold him back but he ran into the street and bam, down he goes. My teachers found it weird that I didn't even run or cry when I saw it. Haha.

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I can remember the Christmas of the year I was two. My sister wasn't born yet. I got a big wheel and a coat that my mom said was too small.

Kalilung
12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Playing with a GIANT half-bitten off nerf basket ball, then hugging a GIANT dog. This checks out with my dad, as we house-sat/rented a house that came with a dog for a year just before I turned 2. I suspect the dog and the ball were a lot smaller than i remember.

Jinx
12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I remember my 2nd birthday party. My mom went all out. It was Barney. :) I loved Barney.

After that, I have a lot of memories from ages 2-3 in the little grey house we grew up on. It's hard to say which one came first. One particularly lovely one, was me pulling an eyebooger out of my eye, and my parents yelling for me not to eat it, and then me eating it right in from of them, and them screaming. :D

Laddy
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Slaying legions of polar bears with my fists. Then, preschool.

Christmas
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Must be the diapers that I am still wearing until 16. :bigsmile:

Or was it 20? :bigsmile:

The same one since born. :kaoclove:

maybee
12-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I was about two years old and my older siblings were getting ready to go to school. I really wanted to go with them and I cried. My Dad cheered me up and while I was depressed I played with some blocks.

If only I knew what school was REALLY like.

Pike
12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
while I was depressed I played with some blocks.

I misread that as "bricks" and got really confused.

Tigmafuzz
12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
while I was depressed I played with some blocks.

I misread that as "bricks" and got really confused.

...Children aren't supposed to play with bricks? :(

Bunny
12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
The beginning of this sentence.

Futan
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Getting scolded by my father for not pushing the toilet handle back up after flushing. Water kept running if you didn't. I guess I was 2.

Raistlin
12-15-2012, 12:05 AM
My earliest memories were of preschool, when I was about 3, playing Where's Waldo with my preschool teacher/daycare person until my mom picked me up. I also had a "wedding" ceremony with my best friend/"childhood sweetheart" (again, 3). I remember some stuff from home around that time, but I can't place my age in those memories as definitively as I can my preschool adventures.

magewarrior
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
My earliest memory from my childhood would have to be the time I started crying (for no apparent reason) and hid under the table. I was only 6 years old at the time. Then my mom told me to get out from under the table and then gave me a nice big long hug. :')