PDA

View Full Version : Gift Giving

magewarrior
12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Guess its that time of the year again. Christmas. Only 25 more days to go. My question: what gifts are you giving this year, and to whom. I really only have two people I'm buying Christmas gifts for this year, my sisters. One in particular is hard to shop for since she never gives me a Christmas list so I have no idea what to get her, all I know is that she loves clothing so I thought I would give her 60$ in a card so she can get whatever she wants, she's very picky. As for my older sister (actually she's just a year younger than me in fact) she absolutely loves anime, one of her favourites is Inuyasha. So I went out and bought her Inuyasha The Final Act Set 1 (which was recently acquired by ViZ and released in November of this year) so I hope that she likes it. Also I have a little extra money coming in on the 21st so I might get them something else (not to expensive) I still have to get Christmas dinner too you know :p lol.

Shlup
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I got my mom an ornament, my mother-in-law a Phineas and Pherb pillow pet, and my brother a Portal turret figure. That's all I've got so far.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm buying myself an Asus N56VZ. :|

Oh, and I might buy my family some stuff as well. The next Dresden just came out, so that's one sister sorted.

Chris
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I... I don't know. I'm terrible at giving gifts, so I just get the same for everyone: money. :D

Pike
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm buying presents for Hux, and don't tell anyone but I'm getting him video games

Madame Adequate
12-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I wonder what's behind the spoiler :kaobeg2:

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Same thing she posted last year.

I AM GETTING MY DAD BEARD OIL.

Heath
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
I made a start on Christmas shopping yesterday. I got my mum some Sanctuary stuff from Boots which usually goes down well. I've bought my girlfriend a nice Cath Kidston tea set (tea pot, cups and saucers) plus a fancy tea collection from Whittard's and some nice biscuits. All far too cute and floral for my taste, but I'm sure she'll really like it.

Peegee
12-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm waiting for my christmas bonus but it's going to be difficult this year: my brother already bought an ipad 3 (against my wishes...at least once I found out he bought it) and my dad bought a tablet earlier this year.

I suspect heavily that I will be doing as Pike keeps saying and checking out my brothers' steam wish lists

for parents I have no bloody idea what to do. I hope my brothers approach me for consolidated gifts.

One of these days we'll get dad a motorised golf bag.

Pheesh
12-02-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm bringing back some books, sports gear and other random souvenirs from my trip to give to people for Christmas, made it quite a bit easier and cheaper.

Flaming Ice
12-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Got some visa card with a free year and 10,000 free points so I'll probably be giving away some gift cards ...free is nice :) (can get a couple or so $25 gift cards with that amount of points).

Got my two nieces something too.

Aulayna
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Brother is getting FIFA 13
Sister is getting an iTunes Voucher for her new iPod
Mother is getting the BBC Olympic Games Blu-Ray
Rest of the family is getting odds and ends (probably vouchers etc)

Formalhaut
12-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm a big fan of regifting, primarily because I don't really have much money to go splurging. If even that isn't a viable option, I'll give them something with more sentimental value than money.

For a secret santa at Sixth form, there's this girl who's really into pokemon so I'm making her origami pokemon as a present. It's a small thing I know but it's the thought that counts!

Miss Lady Shelly
12-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I usually get my folks gift cards to there favorite restaurants, and well Justin's family a bunch of trinkets and what not.. and Justin.. well... uhh... i can't really say. haha.

Christmas
12-05-2012, 07:57 AM
I run random people over with a bulldozer so that they can claim from their insurance company and make their wallet fat for X'mas. :bigsmile: