PDA

View Full Version : D&D Alignment Test

Laddy
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Online Alignment Test (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b)

Let's see who's an evil prick. :kakapo:

EDIT: I'm Chaotic Good, which is my preferred alignment to play.

Jowy
12-02-2012, 02:47 AM
neutral good!

Jiro
12-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Neutral Good
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Jowy
12-02-2012, 02:54 AM
i love how we just repped each other almost at the same time.

The Man
12-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Neutral good as well :monster:

I didn't like some of the questions. The one about "would you poison the king" didn't even hint at what kind of ruler he was, which would influence my answer :monster:

I suspect my answers put me rather close between chaotic good and neutral good, but since it doesn't quantify any further I'm not sure.

Jiro
12-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Neutral good as well :monster:

I didn't like some of the questions. The one about "would you poison the king" didn't even hint at what kind of ruler he was, which would influence my answer :monster:

I suspect my answers put me rather close between chaotic good and neutral good, but since it doesn't quantify any further I'm not sure.

I felt the same way, honestly. I would've expected Chaotic Neutral had some of the questions been more specific. I'm not opposed to breaking the law to do the right thing. The "chaotic" options were typically obvious and trolly though. There's a difference between just being a dick and doing bad things for good reasons.

Laddy
12-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Chaotic Neutral my ass, Mr. Nicest Member. :roll2

Psychotic
12-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal

Jiro
12-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Chaotic Neutral my ass, Mr. Nicest Member. :roll2

I meant Chaotic Good, whoops xD

Lonely Paper Star
12-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

:|

Faris
12-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Jiro
12-02-2012, 03:18 AM
So Neutral Good and Lawful Neutral are both the best alignments you can be? xD

Faris
12-02-2012, 03:21 AM
All of them appear to be but mine is the best one ;)

Agent Proto
12-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

blackmage_nuke
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Neutral

I have no feelings about this one way or another.

Also a few of the questions are circumstantial:
"A powerful but corrupt judge offers you wealth if you'll testify against a friend."
Do I know if my friend is guilty?

Would you betray a family member to advance your own career?'
Which family member?

Futan
12-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

:|

The Man
12-02-2012, 03:33 AM
I think the "you" in "the best alignment you can be" refers to the "you" taking the test. In other words, it's the best alignment for you, the test taker, but it may not be the best alignment for other players. The way it's worded makes it really ambiguous though :monster:

Laddy
12-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Pretty much. The "best alignment" is the alignment best suited for the test taker.

Mirage
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Chaotic neutral. Aka the best neutral.

Tigmafuzz
12-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Bulllllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Jowy
12-02-2012, 04:24 AM
lawful good

way to be a square.

Laddy
12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
I always play good guys, but I'd sooner play a Neutral Evil character than a Lawful Good one. It's not the alignment itself, it's the inability for players, and even some DM's, to not treat the player like a fucking Boy Scout.

Tigmafuzz
12-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I always play Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Evil :colbert:

Raistlin
12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Neutral, or True Neutral.

Just like the young version of my namesake!

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Wesley Snipes?

Nicolas
12-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Haha. I guess this works for me.

Chaotic Good

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Aulayna
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Lawful Good
A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Agrias
12-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I got neutral. Guess i'm normal or something.

NeoCracker
12-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Didn't expect to get Chaotic Nuetral. :p

Parker
12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Chaotic Good for the win

Formalhaut
12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Neutral Good
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.
--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Sounds about right. Though I have never played D&D or games similar, whenever there's a good choice and a bad choice I'd always go for the good option. If I ever played Mass Effect, I'd play as a paragon.

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
True neutral, as any good scientist.

Kalilung
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Weighing in as another Neutral Good here. Not too many chaotic evils around here, what's up with that?

Nicolas
12-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I was actually aiming for Neutral and wound up with Chaotic Good. As far as Chaotic Evil goes, I'm sure to most people would have to force the answers to an extent. The way the test is set up seems to make it a tad simple to direct the outcome.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Neutral Good. :D

sharkythesharkdogg
12-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Lawful Awesome

EDIT: neutral good

Shauna
12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Lawful Good here. :3

Værn
12-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Lawful Evil

A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard to whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order, but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules, but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but he is willing to serve. He condemns others not according to their actions but according to race, religion, homeland, or social rank. He is loath to break laws or promises. This reluctance is partly because of his nature and partly because he depends on order to protect himself from those who oppose him on moral grounds. Some lawful evil villains have particular taboos, such as not killing in cold blood (but having underlings do it) or not letting children come to harm (if it can be helped). They imagine that these compunctions put them above unprincipled villains. The scheming baron who expands his power and exploits his people is lawful evil. Some lawful evil people and creatures are committed to evil with a zeal like that of a crusader committed to good. Beyond being willing to hurt others for their own ends, they take pleasure in spreading evil as an end unto itself. They may also see doing evil as part of a duty to an evil deity or master. Lawful evil is sometimes called "diabolical" because devils are the epitome of lawful evil. Lawful evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents methodical, intentional, and frequently successful evil.
Looks like there's a spot in Hell reserved for me.

Formalhaut
12-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Good thing too, hell was looking pretty empty until now.

Jiro
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Vaern is our first villain. Get him.

Formalhaut
12-03-2012, 02:48 AM
He is total Mafia scum! Lynch him!

Whoops, wrong game.

Hollycat
12-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Neutered Good.

Værn
12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Værn is our first villain. Get him.
I don't think you want to do that. I've already made a contract with a devil which, of course, will allow him to collect my soul as payment if I am defeated. The only thing you can possibly hope to accomplish by turning against me is the empowerment of a greater evil than myself.

Your move, Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes.

NeoCracker
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't think you want to do that. I've already made a contract with a devil which, of course, will allow him to collect my soul as payment if I am defeated. The only thing you can possibly hope to accomplish by turning against me is the empowerment of a greater evil than myself.

I'll just hire an adventuring party with a Paladin. That fucker will track your ass through every afterlife.

Værn
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM

I'll just hire an adventuring party with a Paladin. That smurfer will track your ass through every afterlife.
I'm sure that the baatezu will appreciate having an uninvited paladin on their home plane, just as I am sure that any tanar'ri that the party happens to encounter while passing through Avernus will be equally welcoming.

NeoCracker
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM

I'll just hire an adventuring party with a Paladin. That smurfer will track your ass through every afterlife.
I'm sure that the baatezu will appreciate having an uninvited paladin on their home plane, just as I am sure that any tanar'ri that the party happens to encounter while passing through Avernus will be equally welcoming.

It's a D&D game, theres going to be a way for the players to bypass at least half of that shit. :p

Værn
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM

It's a D&D game, theres going to be a way for the players to bypass at least half of that trout. :p
That depends. The good guys aren't necessarily the players. Maybe I'm a player, and you're the DM sending an NPC party to its death.
And besides, there's already a very easy way to get into Hell without devils attacking you. All you need to do is contract yourself to servitude in the Blood War for them. I'm sure that they would gladly let you in under those circumstances.

Jinx
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Neutral.

Just neutral.

:| :| :|

Raebus
12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Chaotic neutral. :)

NeoCracker
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM

It's a D&D game, theres going to be a way for the players to bypass at least half of that trout. :p
That depends. The good guys aren't necessarily the players. Maybe I'm a player, and you're the DM sending an NPC party to its death.
And besides, there's already a very easy way to get into Hell without devils attacking you. All you need to do is contract yourself to servitude in the Blood War for them. I'm sure that they would gladly let you in under those circumstances.

Well if you are the player there is no way you are getting an army of devils to protect you, evil or not. XD

Araciel
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
True Neutral.

Not surprised.

Shorty
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Chaotic good! Last time I took it I was neutral good. Something must have changed!

Chaotic Good:
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Laddy
12-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Welcome to chaos. :cool:

Shorty
12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
high five!

Unbreakable Will
12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Neutral

Red Mage Coffman
12-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I got chaotic neutral. So... uh, yeah.

noshowmillk
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Chaotic neutral even though I find myself somehow following the side of chaos and darkness by complete accident. It just happens, but I still try.

Araciel
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Why do you agree/not agree with what it says?

LAW VS CHAOS
I agree because I generally obey laws that make sense to me (not murdering people) but don't the ones I don't see matter much (jaywalking vs not, or illegally downloading media)

GOOD VS EVIL
I also agree because I don't believe that I am good or evil - and have made good and evil choices regularly, but generally choose an amoral option if there is one.

When I first heard of alignments back in 1992, I thought of myself as Lawful Good. Shortly thereafter, especially after reaching puberty, I realized that was not the case.

The Man
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I think even most chaotic good people/characters tend to obey laws like "don't murder" :monster:

Araciel
12-03-2012, 08:14 PM
You've clearly not played D&D.

The Man
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Maybe I just haven't played with the same kind of chaotic good players you have :monster: Though admittedly I haven't played in a long time :monster:

Araciel
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
People tend to throw logic out the window and just 'SMASH MONSTER/BADGUY/FENCEPOST', even in a medieval fantasy setting, people probably wouldn't be as ready to mercilessly kill and take the stuff of everything they run into..and yet...

Nicolas
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
The Best Dungeons & Dragons Character Alignments (http://io9.com/5965146/the-best-dungeons--dragons-character-alignments)

Thought that was interesting, if not highly subjective.

But as far as Chaotic Good, murder doesn't seem like it's a big deal, to be honest. Though, killing anybody outside of the law is murder.

The Man
12-03-2012, 10:12 PM
From where I'm sitting, Chaotic Good means you'd have no qualms about killing someone if it were necessary to prevent them from harming other people. But that's not exactly murder, at least under most jurisdictions; it's killing in defence of oneself or others. You wouldn't just go out killing people for no reason; that's more the domain of chaotic evil :monster:

Shorty
12-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Sounds correct to me.

Nicolas
12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Sounds about right. I guess most of it would depend on what the rule of law is at the time.

Shorty
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm Batman. Nicolas, you can be Robin.

Nicolas
12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd consider Batman to be more Lawful Good than anything. We'd probably be closer to Tim Drake as the Red Hood. Also... PFFT. You're the shorter one. YOU can be Robin. It would just look awkward with Batman being about a foot shorter than Robin. ;o

The Man
12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I consider Batman neutral good for the most part, although it really depends on the writer (Frank Miller Batman, for example, is a lot more authoritarian than many other takes on him). In general, though, he's not afraid to get his hands dirty if it's necessary to protect people, but he (almost) always stops short of killing people and generally respects the law in cases where it's justifiable. Some writers have him as obviously chaotic good, some writers have him as obviously lawful good, but on the whole in most portrayals he comes across as neutral good to me. (For example, Dark Knight Trilogy Batman so terrifies the shit out of drug dealers that they are willing to call the police on him, but he also works with the police in cases where it's necessary to protect the city. That seems like neutral good to me).

Shorty
12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
It would just look awkward awesome with Batman being about a foot shorter than Robin. ;o

Nicolas
12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah, it would really depend on who is writing Batman. The main reason I'd consider him Lawful Good over others is because he generally has a strict set of rules he goes by and doesn't break them. "No Killing" would be the main one, of course.

Ah, so many fun variables.

Edit: Would it, Sarah? WOULD IT?

Shorty
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes, it would :love:

TrollHunter
12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
It referred to me as a she. How shameful.
Lawful Neutral
A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Time to read through the thread. I hope there are some juicy alignment arguments going on :D

EDIT: No such luck, you all suck.

Iceglow
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Apparently I'm a Neutral Evil.

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Apparently I'm the most dangerous mother fucker here.

TrollHunter
12-05-2012, 04:12 AM
>Iceglow
>Dangerous

:mock:

Araciel
12-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Luckily you're outnumbered.

Værn
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Imo, it's the Law-Chaos axis that should cause conflicts more so than the Good-Evil axis.

The Good-Evil axis merely determines the motivation behind your actions: Are you acting for the good of others, or merely to empower yourself? An Evil character may not care about the well-being of others, but that usually does not mean that he will actively seek to harm or kill others if it does not benefit him. Especially when traveling in a party consisting of Good characters, when revealing himself to be too far on the Evil side could turn allies into enemies. A Good character and an Evil character can act almost exactly the same with different goals in mind, and the two could be completely indistinguishable without the use of a Detect Good or Evil spell.

The Law-Chaos axis, on the other hand, more directly influences the actions that a character will take. A Lawful character will always abide by an area's laws, and adhere to his deity's beliefs and codes (if he follows one). That character will also insist that his traveling companions also honor his codes of conduct. A Chaotic character will, by definition, besmirch the Lawful character's beliefs, insisting that it is oppressive for the Lawful character to force his beliefs onto others and that he should be free to do as he pleases. The Chaotic character's constant disrespect of the Lawful character should cause much more conflict than a silly question of whether someone wants to slay a dragon to protect a nearby village or simply to get his hands on its treasure hoard.

Another random thought: Paladins are not supposed to associate with Evil characters or anyone who consistently offends their paladin code. As far as they are concerned, a Chaotic Good character is just as bad as a Lawful Evil character.

12-07-2012, 05:39 AM
So good/evil axis is essentially altruism vs self-interest? O-o;

Laddy
12-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Pretty much.

12-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Taking that into consideration, it is rather mild. "Evil" is just a signifier for a psychological egoist. :/

Laddy
12-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Well, self-interest under your definition is neutral. "Evil" is more self-interest regardless of whether or not it's at someone else's expense.

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I love how one year back at my old job and I went from Chaotic Neutral to Chaotic Evil :p

Chaotic Evil
A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

Jiro
12-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Wolf Kanno the super villain. What is he doing in charge? xD