PDA

View Full Version : [Graphic Design] Kanshisha's Signatures

Kanshisha
12-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey all, I see there's a lack of Signature creating threads so I guess I should bring this good old factory back in motion :)
With a bit more time on my hands, I should be able to contribute more signature designs into this great forum.

I'm a bit rusty, so let's just start it off nice and easy ;)

It's been 2 years now since I was last a part of a thriving signature making community, and so, that in mind, let's see if I can bring things back in motion in hopes to bring up a new generation of sig makers in this forum :)

Pheesh
12-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I...can't see an image >_<

If you scroll down or venture as far back as the next page then you'll find some sig threads dotted around, but it's a bit harder since they merged the graphic design forum in with the rest of the snooty art threads.

Kanshisha
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Warm-up :) man, i miss these days...

Enjoy! please critique!

Pheesh
12-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Nice, love the background. If I had to critique I would say the bold cartoony nature of the stock clashes a bit with the more sleek looking vectors in the background, but the colour theme helps to blend it and sonic is awesome so it's forgivable. I'm also not a fan of the of that beveled looking border, but that might just be me. Look forward to seeing more :)

Kanshisha
12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
thanks. I'm so glad someone critiqued! thank you very much :) I'll improve more on the borders and the relation of figure to background :) cheers!

Kanshisha
12-04-2012, 01:02 AM

Just a quick sig I made before I started my day :) sorry for the double post!
Please critique! In this sig i wanted to explore further in relating the figure to the bg. tell me how I went. not only that but the whole collab of the sig also :) thanks!

Freya
12-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I like that one much better than the sonic! I echo what Noodle Boy said about the cartoony nature of the sonic one. This prototype one fits more with the fractal background.

Jiro
12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
That's pretty fucking swish. I love it. Wish I could construct something like that xD

Kanshisha
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you for the critiques Freya and Jiro!

@Freya
Thanks, I couldn't agree more! the prototype signature is much more pleasing to the eye due to the somewhat 'relevant' background. Where as the fractal used in the sonic signature really steered the viewers' eyes in places that really shouldn't be focused on :P

@Jiro
Hehe, thanks! I'm sure you are able :P I used to be incre-terrible with sig making, but Owen, Narok, and Polaris were always there to support me :) So it's not my goal to dedicate my works to these fantastic signature makers... :)

More coming soon! :)

Pheesh
12-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow, you're really enthusiastic about it which is great to see :)

The new one definitely fixed all the issues of your first sig, the background and stock match up much better, and it's overall a much more consistent looking sig, great job! I see what you were trying to do with blurring the edges of the stock to really blend it in to the background, and that's a clever idea but I'd offer one bit of advice. Before you blur the edge of your stock make a duplicate of it and set it to invisible, then do all your blending and blurring. Afterwards unhide the duplicate and make sure it's above the blended stock on your layer list, then set the duplicate's blending mode to overlay or just lower its opacity. Doing that will mean the stock blends into the background but you don't sacrifice the sharpness of your stock's edges!

Keep on pumping out the sigs, I love how quickly and enthusiastically you do them. Makes me want to get back into it :D

Kanshisha
12-04-2012, 11:16 PM

wow, never thought of this technique! I'll give it a shot when I next can. I'm still quite new to the blending of stuff, and this info you're telling me is pure gold! >.<'' Hehe, I miss sigs so much! they're so fun to make :)

Next one coming soon.

Formalhaut
12-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I love people with creativity because I lack all sense of art.

Still, fantastic sigs though, I can't wait till you've completed mine! Looking forward to it! :D