PDA

View Full Version : EoFF's Very Own Secret Santa!

Formalhaut
12-04-2012, 02:24 AM
I guess this is a "game", technically, without further ado:

In case you've been living under a rock this past month, it's the build-up to Christmas which can only mean one thing: Secret Santa's.

Now obviously this being an internet forum we can't exactly go around giving people presents through laptop or TV screens...

http://cameronbcook.com/files/2012/10/ring_7.jpg
Which actually explains most of the plot to The Ring. Poor girl only wanted to give out gifts

So naturally, the only possible solution is of course to do a pretend Secret Santa. How will this work? Well well well...

Step One

- Show your interest on this here thread and sign up to be involved.

Step Two

- At some point soon afterwards, I'll compile a list of all respondents and using a random list type thing, will randomly assort people the people they will be the secret santa.

- I will then PM people with their respective secret santa's, and obviously this is highly confidential. Don't spoil the fun of the game by gossiping!

Step Three

- Said santa's need to come up with inventive pretend gifts, bonus points will be awarded by me for those pretend gifts that go the extra mile in thoughtfulness. It can be as outside the box as you like. Seeing how this is pretend, give them a knitted jumper made from Loony BoB's pubes for all I care.

- As the wonderful Miss Tifa Boob's has proclaimed, the use of images to describe your present is very much encouraged. Does your present not exist? Who cares! Draw it's likeness.

- On this forum, there will be opportunity for people to discuss the game. A list of all respondents is available obviously, so people can have fun in guessing who has who and what gifts they might potentially get. Bonus points will be awarded for close or bang on predictions!

Step Four

- After a few days or so, said secret santas will PM me with their respective presents and on the same day, on this thread I will reveal what people got as their gifts. At this point, the game is then over.

- Of course, the veil of secrecy is lifted; blab away!

But obviously, all of this can only be achieved if I get enough support for it! It's all just for fun, and to see what people would get you for Christmas if they were high on LSD for a day. Step One begins now; send in your interest!

Jinx
12-04-2012, 02:26 AM
You can also use images. :)

Formalhaut
12-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Yes! Images of the presents are encouraged. Bonus points for Tifa's Boobs for coming up with that idea.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-04-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm in.

Faris
12-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Count me in.

Red Mage Coffman
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
In.

Formalhaut
12-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Right-O then I suppose so far we have:

Tifa's Boobs
Red/Yellow/Golden Mage Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112

That's, well, four. I'm love to get at least ten to make this worth bothering with really. I'll leave this open for another few days, for the amount of views this thread has got (59 I think) I want more commitment!

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I suppose I am in too. :)

Dr. rydrum2112
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Right-O then I suppose so far we have:

Tifa's Boobs
Red/Yellow/Golden Mage Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112

That's, well, four. I'm love to get at least ten to make this worth bothering with really. I'll leave this open for another few days, for the amount of views this thread has got (59 I think) I want more commitment!

you need to put this somewhere to get lots of the regulars to see it and join up.

Shorty
12-04-2012, 09:07 PM
When is the deadline for this? I'm in. I would suggest dragging signups out until next week at the very least - we have all month for Christmas :love:

Dr. rydrum2112
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
"oopey" as my 5yr old niece says, ignore what was here- think of it as the space between (not dave matthews style).

Shorty
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM
I said I'm in, silly!

Formalhaut
12-05-2012, 05:53 PM
you need to put this somewhere to get lots of the regulars to see it and join up.

People are seeing it, it has over hundred views. I suppose I'll add it into my signature.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM

People are seeing it, it has over hundred views. I suppose I'll add it into my signature.

i think we should try a little post-whoring.

Lonely Paper Star
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll do it. :D

Formalhaut
12-05-2012, 10:07 PM
When is the deadline for this? I'm in. I would suggest dragging signups out until next week at the very least - we have all month for Christmas :love:

I agree with Shorty, I'll extend this till the end of the week. I'm hoping the big present reveal will happen at either the 24th or the 25th, I'm leaning more towards the 24th because people will be busy having a life during Christmas day.

Anyhow, I'll see how it goes anyway. So far:

Tifa's Boobs
Red Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye

More and more please!

Shauna
12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Sure thing. I will sign up. :}

Madonna
12-06-2012, 06:52 AM
I can play nice, honest.

Formalhaut
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Tifa's Boobs
Red Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye
Shauna
Madonna

Ooh, were getting close to the minimum required santas, ten is my minimum but why go for second best? I want as many people to take part (or at least take part in guessing presents or discussing) as possible!

Agent Proto
12-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I... was told to join? Okay, I guess I could do that. :erm:

Night Fury
12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Fine. I'll join this tomfoolery.

Melissaur
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm slightly confused but In!

Formalhaut
12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Tifa's Boobs
Red Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye
Shauna
Madonna
Agent Proto
Lockhearted
Melissaur

Now that's better! I'm going to keep the sign ups till the end of Sunday / Monday! I would love to have more Santas though!

Goldenboko
12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Sure I'll join. I just have to PM people right?

Formalhaut
12-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Sure I'll join. I just have to PM people right?

Read the step by step rules Boko! Their very easy to understand I hope!

Goldenboko
12-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh I just PM you. even easier. Done sign me up.

Formalhaut
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Tifa's Boobs
Red Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye
Shauna
Madonna
Agent Proto
Lockhearted
Melissaur
Goldenboko

Now that's better! I'm going to keep the sign ups till the end of Sunday / Monday! I would love to have more Santas though!

The Secret Santa truly begins at the end of Monday! Make sure you take part now to avoid not being a Santa! At the end of Monday, I will PM all of the Secret Santa's with their respective gifters.

Laddy
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Add me, I'd love to give people gifts. :bigsmile:

Dr. rydrum2112
12-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Are signups open till the 17th?

Formalhaut
12-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Sign-Ups Are Now Over!

Well, it's been open since the 4th, and it's felt like a natural end to the signups. I want to give the Santa's time to come up with elaborate and interesting presents!

By the way, Secret Santa's aren't just giving one present. There are three recipients for the Santa's to fawn over!

1. A fellow secret Santa
2. A member of the EoFF staff
3. A completely random stranger

This way, I'm able to extend this to more people. I'll be doing a full PM for all the Santa's shortly with more information, but for now this is all I'm telling. Oh yeah, and the final list of the Santas...

Tifa's Boobs
Red Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye
Shauna
Madonna
Agent Proto
Lockhearted
Melissaur
Goldenboko
Laddy

That's fourteen Santa's. Perfect! If it was odd I'd have to join in to balance things up. Glad that worked out, thanks Laddy!

Secret Santa Prediction Thread!

Now that the Santas are hard at work in their toyshops, those who aren't working can instead predict the following:

What presents will be featured!
Who is being chosen by what Secret Santa!
Most likely Santa to half-ass it!
Most likely Santa to go real crazy over this!

The Santas can also take part in the predictions, but remember, don't go breaching your Santa rules! The santas obviously know who they have, so if I had say [Member X] as my random member, I can't exactly go on the thread and go "Hey I think [Member X] will be a target".

Obviously. Have fun guys!

Night Fury
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I suppose I'll have to get my wee thinking hat on then.

Madonna
12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I suspect...

Lockhearted (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/37472.html)
is my Secret Santa Secret Santa target!

and that...

Shlup (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/301.html)
is my Secret Santa EoFF staff target!

and that...

Dragonfire (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/5639.html)
is my Secret Santa random stranger target!

Also, strong suspicions point toward them all getting outfits from the film Hackers:

http://oi48.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2j0xxr8.jpg

I predict I am the only one taking this seriously and yet will half-ass it.

All of this is tragically a lie*.

*unless it is not

Shauna
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Three? Okay. I will try my damnedest. xD

*checks calender* Well, until the 20th I have (some) free time on the... 19th. Cool beans. :p Expect one pallette swapped picture from me! xD

Faris
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Let me know if I did this wrong xD I predict ___ will get
Tifa's Boobs: Something perverted
Red Coffman: Something to do with red mages
Faris: A ship
Dr.Rydrum2112: Stethoscope
The Summoner of Leviathan: A very large sea serpent A real man
Shorty: Rantz
Pitye: Something anime
Shauna: Sponge Bob
Madonna: Cone bra
Agent Proto: Life term subscription to Bow Ties United
Lockhearted: Fart cannon
Melissaur: I have no idea... something to do with Resident Evil?
Goldenboko: ...Erm... A day off?

Del Murder: Miriel
Loony BoB: FFXIV and onward free for the rest of his life.
Psychotic: Walrus or Steve unknowingly standing on a pranked surface
Shlup: Something with Disney or a baby
fire_of_avalon: Something epic... but I can't think of anything specific.
I'm my own MILF: Pike
Pike: Free WoW for life.
Shiny: A robot? ...I have no idea.
Vivi22: Ermm... No clue... a new drum kit?
Wolf Kanno: Uhm... Something game related
Rantz: Shorty
Roogle: New circuitry?
Freya: To live a day in the game of her choice
Jiro: Sleep.
milliegoesbeep: ...a beep that goes millie?

As for the third category, I have no idea who could possibly be included. Nice idea though that even non-participants get something :)

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I wanted everyone to be involved in this, because I know people will view this thread and just go "Meh". All of EoFF is a potential target! And yes Faris, that is a superb prediction list. Great involvement so far guys!

And as for the choosing of the third random target, to be honest, it was literally just who was on the current online member list at the top of the page! Drawing up a list of every single member and random.orging it was just too much of a hassle! So not quite random, but semi-random. ish.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
well played Faris.

I really have no idea what to make with these predictions.

Tifa's Boobs: some sexist gift, that wasn't intended to be
Red Coffman: his record expunged
Faris: a pirate ship
The Summoner of Leviathan: a Hobbesian manuscript
Shorty: shoes with lifts
Pitye: a baby grand piano
Shauna: a ciddie
Madonna: copy of vogue
Agent Proto: shoe phone
Lockhearted: bottle of wine
Melissaur: a dino fossil named Melissaur in tribute
Goldenboko: a platinum minimog
Laddy: a lesson from Roger Ebert
Dr.Rydrum2112: A tenure track faculty position... seriously one can hope.

Formalhaut
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Just a quick update that I may not be able to make the 20th Deadline, on account of me being very ill with the flu. Kind of hard to get that across via text without making "Achoo!" and *groan...* noises, but you get the picture.

The great reveal will definitely be done by Sunday, where I should hopefully be feeling better. Hopefully.

Goldenboko
12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
D: GET BETTER FORMALHAUT!

Formalhaut
12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not going to die Boko! The leading man never dies!

Shauna
12-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Is this an extended deadline?

That'd be great, I have pretty much been dead all day and have been unable to get my stuff done. :3

Formalhaut
12-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes, the deadline will be extended till Saturday evening, where I will then decide how well I am. Assume that that is a final extension, though if my illness worsens, it might be extended even further to the end of Sunday. Still, try and get it done ASAP though guys! Love what you've done so far! Especially Pitye's and Dr.Rydrum, the effort these two made made me swoon!

But to clarify:

Deadline: Saturday 22st December, 07:00pm GMT

Thanks Melissaur for the erroneous typo

Melissaur
12-20-2012, 12:35 AM
the 21st is Friday. Also I have not even thought about this until just now I have been so busy and don't see any free time between now and then but I'll try

Dr. rydrum2112
12-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Thanks Formalhaut, hopefully it turns out cool

Lonely Paper Star
12-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Get better soon, Formalhaut!

Formalhaut
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the get well soon messages! People would be forgiven for thinking I've caught anthrax or something, it's just a bad flu, though thanks for the support!

Just obtained Madonna's gifts, and they are just brilliant! It's turning out so well!

Faris
12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Quick! Everyone send Formalhaut a cure

http://kathdedon.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/quick-and-easy-chicken-noodle-soup1.jpg

Formalhaut
12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
What is that meant to be? And if your gonna cure me, at least give me a Hi-Potion!

Faris
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c8/Dream_Hyper_Potion_Sprite.png

? :colbert:

Formalhaut
12-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Ah... much better... thanks Faris!

*Is suddenly ambushed by a Great Malboro and feels the effects of Bad Breath*

Oh noes! I'm poisoned, blinded, Silenced, Slowed and confused! My illness persists...

Faris
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
...:irked: Hyper potions are expensive!

You know, the Island Closest to Hell is not a playground. Best get yourself to an inn ASAP!

Formalhaut
12-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Hyper potions? Since when did we suddenly turn into a pokemon game?

Faris
12-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Everything is possible on the internet. Look! I'm a flying space dragon! Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr! :riiight:

Formalhaut
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh Faris... this little interlude has really cheered me up!

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Sorry for double posting but, the following list is as follows!

Tifa's Boobs
Red Mage Coffman
Faris
Dr.Rydrum2112
Shorty
Pitye
Shauna
Madonna
Agent Proto
Lockhearted
Melissaur
Goldenboko
Laddy

That means I'm still waiting on a few more Santas! Please bring them in to Santa's workshop by tomorrow evening so I can collate them all and work out how to format them in on the thread!

Faris
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM
SOOON :love:

Shauna
12-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I am the most sorry individual in the world. And by that I mean I am hugely apologetic.

My week has been incredibly hectic and this left me with little time to actually deal with fun internet stuff. :( I thought I'd be able to grab some time on Friday (or heck, even today), but sadly no.

I am sorry for ruining the secret Santa. :( I apologise to those who should be getting something from me but won't, because I'm a sucky poop-head. :(

Formalhaut
12-22-2012, 11:10 PM
I am the most sorry individual in the world. And by that I mean I am hugely apologetic.

My week has been incredibly hectic and this left me with little time to actually deal with fun internet stuff. :( I thought I'd be able to grab some time on Friday (or heck, even today), but sadly no.

I am sorry for ruining the secret Santa. :( I apologise to those who should be getting something from me but won't, because I'm a sucky poop-head. :(

Christ don't go full emo on me! I understand completely that work and other Christmas activities can take an immense amount of time! Seriously, you haven't ruined Secret Santa. If anything, I'm more annoyed at Tifa's Boobs because I know she has been on EoFF in the past week and has been active enough, but even then, I'm sure she's been busy so I can't grumble. Much.

I'm rambling now, but I'm doing the big reveal tomorrow, so if you do have time, then great. If not, remember that it doesn't have to be on the day of the reveal! Basically, as soon as you have time, send me the presents in a PM, and I'll format them and put them on the thread. I'm sure your people will understand!

For that matter, the following people are exempt for my mumbling and I'm being ultra cheerful with them, because they've actually given me an excuse:

Shorty: Because she's on a trip, somewhere... I literally found this out from her visitor messages.
Shauna: Because of work and other related stuff. Extremely apologetic! Don't worry!

And that's that. So yeah, big reveal at some point tomorrow. Other presents can be sent in even after the fact. So don't worry, enjoy Christmas for what it is!

Shauna
12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
(I realise that I am not the destroyer of this fun little event. :p I just feel bad and whatnot.)

I will make it up to you guys or something when I have the time. xD

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQRyxxH1HGzpzbVOJgyoHj7SAK9oxeXYwqxVSzAVqDSdbSa_9Nv4zCv-0eZg

Ode To The Tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6_i6vqYao (http://Listen)

Twas The Penultimate Day To Christmas,
And The Iifa Tree Was Famished
It's Roots Grew Withered And Dark
And The Mist Was Sorrowful. The
People Of EoFF Begged The Gods
To Save Their Beloved Tree. But
The King Of The Gods, Cid, Has
Departed And The Other Gods Were
Tired After Hosting Two Joyous Feasts.

Hope Seemed Distant.

But Then.

Those Famous Bells. The Ho Ho Ho. The Chocodeers.
One By One, Under The Cover Of Darkness,
Ten Brave Souls Journeyed To The Tree And
Together Placed Their Offerings. And As Quickly
As They Arrived They Soon Departed To Other
Worlds, Spreading The Festive Mist Of Old To Other
Lands. At Last, The People Said, The Tree Would
Spring back To Life, And Harmony Would Be
Established For Eternity...

Without Further Ado, The Thirty Honourable Offerings.

:party:The Inaugural EoFF Secret Santa Give-away!:party:

Welcome everyone to the Inaugral EoFF Secret Santa! Sorry for the illness, must be because of the weakened Iifa Tree. Hopefully the offerings the lovely Santas have provided will make it feel alot better! And also sorry for the horrendous BB Coding for the IX song. I cannot wrap my head around BB coding; I honestly tried my damnedest but alas. I suck at BB coding. But enough of this!

We are all here to look at the presents! Of course. Starting from now, I will posting individual batches of presents in a drip-feed style, because I have to format it onto the thread and as you all know BB coding isn't my forte, so I might take a while. But rest assured! All of the Iifa Tree presents will be showcased here tonight (Or this morning depending where on Terra you live) so don't panic. I hope you all enjoy the presents guys! The Santas really outdid themselves!

And yes. Depending on responses, there will be double-posting galore. You have been warned.

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV

Secret Santa Presents #1

This secret Santa has been very busy making sure the presents he has been scouring Terra for are very special! Let's see what's under the Iifa Tree...

A fellow Secret Santa... Shauna!

A Typewriter shaped waffle maker!
http://thatslikewhoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/TYPEWRITER-wafflemaker1.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff...Roogle!

A pair of 3D Glasses

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/3dglasses%20(2).jpg

A completely random stranger ...Cim!

A Shot-Flask

http://data.uncommongoods.com.edgesuite.net/images/newweb/product/23009_lg1.jpg

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 05:32 PM

Secret Santa Presents #2

Meanwhile, this secret Santa has been very with it with technology! Must have learned it from the elves. Here's his batch of presents!

A fellow Secret Santa... Lockharted!

Merry *shrug* Christmas Lockharted, from your favorite cast of characters!

Now open your present,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NuQiA0HxCwQ/SxGSw9_ZcZI/AAAAAAAAAcI/ULFH6Tz35qk/s1600/christmas-present.jpg

aka go here: Free Virtual Cards and Flowers Pick-Up Page at iFlowers Virtual Gallery (http://www.iflowers.com/cgi-bin/iflower-open.pl)
enter this code for your virtual gift: 914-930rtp10

and for dessert ->

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mnBmfZZaZwk/0.jpg

A member of the EoFF Staff... Del Murder!

Mr. Murder, unfortunately Santa & the elves have you on the naughty list this year.

But of-course that is where we need you. In that vein this Secret Santa is giving you an entrance song. Like a closer in baseball, every time you enter a thread and post the following would play on the bigscreen behind you:

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/buttons/youtube-play.png (http://youtu.be/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9GoQTHl1M)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9GoQTHl1M

Also, as you clean up the trash around here, Santa has let it be known that should you choose, you have been awarded a new title: "The Admin of Death"

Lastly, to assist with your cleaning up the garbage on EOFF. We have inked Terry Tate to a 1 year deal and assigned him to work with you exclusively.

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/buttons/youtube-play.png (http://youtu.be/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94&feature=player_embedded

Merry Christmas brother.

-Your Secret Santa.

A completely random stranger ...Depression Moon!

Depression Moon,
Better check your stocking, buddy I see something in there...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JNZlSjhKvew/ULeSSvneYXI/AAAAAAAACg8/uAIkdgdZock/s1600/stocking.jpg

Open that trout up and grab your zombie survival kit!

Fill this out for a chance to be in the Walking Dead. "If you’d like to be an extra in the “Walking Dead”. Bring a comp card or headshot to auditions if called back by the casting department. The casting directors will look through all submissions before booking talent. Auditions will be held as an open casting call and from then on talent will be booked for roles. Best of luck!"
https://www.onesourcetalent.com/app/n/

And of-course you will want to double your odds so try out here also,
Extras Casting Atlanta (http://www.extrascastingatlanta.com/)

Good luck surviving the zombie apocalypse...

Your Secret Santa

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Secret Santa Presents #3

The third Santa normally takes presents than gives them away! But knowing the plight of the Iifa tree was at stake, she knew she had to take action. The following three presents boosted the chances of the Iifa Tree's survival:

A fellow Secret Santa... Melissaur!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Ashley-pie/EoFF/Christmas1.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff...Rantz!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Ashley-pie/EoFF/8-year-old-boy-finds-ambergris-whale-vomit.jpg

A completely random stranger...Chris!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Ashley-pie/EoFF/Allthefoodintheworld.jpg

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 05:49 PM

Secret Santa Presents #4

My next Santa to save the Tree really thought about what the residents liked. There were those who liked Anime, and so this Santa bought them Anime stuff. A lover of pretzels? Why, a pretzel maker! This Santa really knew his targets!

A fellow Secret Santa... Pitye!

http://nostalgiaelectrics.com/images/products/SPF200.jpg

For Pitye, a lover of pretzels needs a pretzel maker!

A member of the EoFF staff... Samuraid!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT00UA10n_KwtrZ9jaU_Kd2tE3sYxs48WOd_OBmhrNXD8RRQ7VGlQ

Samuraid loves Rurouni Kenshin, so here's a Rurouni Kenshin t-shirt.

A completely random stranger... Ultima Shadow!

http://www.salesmanb2b.com/attachment/product2/1320228261.jpg
Ultima Shadow is another anime fan, so here's a pair of rings from Fate/Zero, one of his favourites!

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Haha this is excellent!

:heart: Thank you to my Secret Santa

Lonely Paper Star
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Haha, love it all! :heart:

Thank you for my pretzel maker, Secret Santa. I will use it well and often. :p

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM

Will you share your pretzels with me?

Lonely Paper Star
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Will you share your pretzels with me?

Of course! My new pretzel maker calls for a pretzel party! Yeeaaaaaahhh~ :D

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Secret Santa Presents #5

The next Santa used the power of BB coding to confound me with the confusion of spoiler tags. Besides making me tear my hair out, it was also a lovely set of presents which incorporated loads of writing and custom gift tags. I really love these. Seriously, make me a custom gift tag. They are awesome.

A fellow Secret Santa... Goldenboko!

Season's Greetings, Goldenboko! I hope your December is going well, and that it will be made better by this Secret Santa gift!

First, I created a personalized a gift tag just for you! Who needs those throwaway sticker ones when you have this bold, colourful one?

TO:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/pitye/2527034/14342/14342_600.png

All expenses paid, including your hotel room!

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/9/96/Gold_Saucer_outside.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/8/8c/Gold_Saucer.png

This includes chocobo racing at the Chocobo Square!

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/f8/Cloud_Chocobo.png

We look forward to seeing you!

You spot an expiration date in fine print on the bottom right. It is hard to read at first, but after squinting, you were able to make out January 13th. Yikes! Not a lot of time. A romantic or bromantic getaway is in order. Soon.

A member of the EoFF staff... fire_of_avalon!

Season's Greetings, fire_of_avalon! I hope your December is going well, and that it will be made better by this Secret Santa gift!

First, I created a personalized a gift tag just for you! Who needs those throwaway sticker ones when you have this nice, colourful one?

TO:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/pitye/2527034/14979/14979_600.png

Your new pet greets you with an enthusiastic little growl as it bursts out of the now open box. It's wearing a lavender ribbon tied around its neck.

Your dragon is obedient, house-trained, and can cook its own food, provided you have the meat (and it doesn't matter what kind... not at all *cough*)! Dragons do get bigger--a LOT bigger--so in time, you'll have your very own transportation! Why sit through traffic when you can soar through the skies on a dragon?

A completely random stranger... DK!

Season's Greetings, DK! I hope your December is going well, and that it will be made better by this Secret Santa gift!

First, I created a personalized a gift tag just for you! Who needs those throwaway sticker ones when you have this sleek, edgy one?

TO:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/pitye/2527034/14000/14000_600.png

When you arrive at your destination, you smell food and beer in the air--it must be a pub of some kind.

You are seated in a bar stool. You are finally allowed to remove your blindfold. Next to you, you hear someone grumble, "I better get some damn good compensation for this..." You turn to the source of the voice and realize that your gift is some quality time with:

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/f4/Barret-ffvii-sailor.png

In the flesh. Or polygonal pixels, rather. Your Secret Santa must have paid a hefty price be able to pull this off.

Hopefully you find a good drinking buddy in Barret, even if he does look both ridiculous and particularly grumpy right now. At least you ended up at a very well-received pub that you've been meaning to go to for a while.

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 06:37 PM

Secret Santa Presents #6

My next Santa kept it simple with nice, decorative pictures. This doesn't lessen the impact of the gifts though, I'd love such a powerful computer myself...the loneliness of being the Secret Santa host.. *sniff*

A fellow Secret Santa... Red Mage Coffman!

To Red Mage Coffman I give - An Alienware Computer with a stable internet connection

http://www.cameronnewland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/alienware-alx.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff...I'm my own MILF!

To MILF-y I give... a yard stick to smack bitches who don't know any better

http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/math4/e/yardstick.jpg

A completely random stranger...Bert!

To bert I give... my love and apologies

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Heart_coraz%C3%B3n.svg/220px-Heart_coraz%C3%B3n.svg.png

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 06:52 PM

Secret Santa Presents #7

I've never heard of Etsy before until now, though through speaking to my elves it's abit like Amazon but for weird and wonderful stuff. I just assumed it was part of Cocoon's retail network and went on my merry way. This Santa is obviously a loved patron of Etsy and imposed some restrictions, as posted below:

I set myself some guidelines to work with...
*Do not spend more than $50 USD on gifts (excluding shipping)
*The gift had to be a physical, actual, tangible thing

Seeing as I was limiting myself to reality, I decided to be crazier yet and go onto Etsy to find some truly wonderous and unique things. Here are what I got my targets

A fellow Secret Santa...Dr. rydrum2112!

GIFT: Unicorn Mask

http://oi46.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2dt8a5t.jpg

[GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/62157779/unicorn-leather-mask-in-white)

EXCUSES:
Having frankly never met the guy, familiarity, good taste, and well-thought-out gifts go right out the window. So what do? Go with the doctor bit. Doctor and the murder bit. Are you thinking what I am? Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. That game had old-school Venetian plague doctors, and those bastards had cool beak masks. So I went hunting. What I found were some really nice masks that were way (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76764228/ichabod-steampunk-plague-doctor-mask-in)out of my price range. So I settled on a cheaper item the same seller had, but still had a beak. Horn. Beak. Horn. Same thing.

A member of the EoFF staff... Psychotic!

GIFT: A Pod Of smurfing Walrus trout
(magnet, cross-stitch pattern, pewter bauble, block print, art print, stuffed animal, book)

http://oi45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/35mdrw0.jpg
{2}{3}{4}{5}{6}{7}

[GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93015320/walrus-felt-magnet) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/64834135/walrus-cross-stitch-pattern-instant) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/101821077/walrus-figurine-metal-pewter-vintage) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/47818475/vintage-wooly-walrus-and-portly-pig-wood) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/66706849/walrus-art-print-aristocrat-walrus-with) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/102376328/amigurumi-walrus) [GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/111334779/sweet-pickles-very-worried-walrus)

EXCUSES:
Not to be rude or anything, but if Psychotic is involved, foul language is too. Another thing that involves Pyschotic is the BAotW party, and smurfing walruses are part of that. But you wonder: does that trout have any actual walrus memorabilia on his walls? Are there tusk knick-knacks on his end tables? I thought not. So I think now that has been seen to. You are smurfing welcome.

A completely random stranger... Shion!

GIFT: Mermaid Shell Bra

http://oi45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2evgdqa.jpg

[GET] (http://www.etsy.com/listing/112760798/mermaid-halloweenrave-costume)

EXCUSES:
Finding the right gift for shion was difficult; I opted for easy, and got her a seashell bra. Now, I know this is a terrible gift, especially to someone who might be a complete stranger, but shion is special. shion joined her and proclaimed her love of cheese. She also used an avatar from the gallery, and it was a mermaid. The mermaid fromFF1. And so, I decided if I pictured her as her old avatar, I would at least be right in knowing she had a bra like the Little Mermaid's (mermaids do wear bras, right).

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Secret Santa Presents #8

My next Santa was quite reluctant to take part, but after explaining the full plight of the world and the Christmas woe that has befallen Terra, she agreed, and I loved her efforts!

A fellow Secret Santa... Shorty!

For Shorty I am getting her a lifetime supply of cephalopod hugs and kisses from this guys

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4857798620_bd6b1c1d7b.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff... milliegoesbeep!

A completely random stranger... Shiabana!

Shiabana is getting her life story turned into a movie directed and produced by Tim Burton~ (of which I cannot find a picture of ATM)

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Secret Santa Presents #9

My next Santa knows exactly how best to portray her presents: MS Paint. I love the next three presents because they have a home-made quality about them.

A fellow Secret Santa... Tifa's Boobs!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/CutieTarey/tifasboobs_zpsb8c63c06.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff... Freya!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/CutieTarey/freya_zps6d2b295b.png

A completely random stranger... Futan!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/CutieTarey/futan_zps1da60633.png

Melissaur
12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
OMG OMG OMG I GOT THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever you are I love you!

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 08:11 PM

Secret Santa Presents #10

My penultimate Santa for the evening went into the task like a rampaging torrent. It was a sight to behold. Thankfully, he calmed down long enough to send me three, very soggy gifts. Let's see what's under the Iifa tree...

A fellow Secret Santa... Laddy!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mag7o25JX81r5k94do1_500.jpg

It is a replica of Sailor Neptune's Deep Aqua Mirror. Much like Michiru's mirror it can sense impending danger, warning of coming foes, attacks or really bad weather. Moreover, this replica is extra magical as when you gaze into it, you can change your hairstyle at will, regardless of current length!

A member of the EoFF staff...Pike!

The AmuSphere as seen in Sword Art Online, this allows a person to be completely immersed into their gaming experience. It basically allows full immersion of the conscious into a virtual reality for the best gaming experience ever. Moreover, it comes with two units, so you can play with a friend! Also, Santa heard rumours that you are a bot-girl, so he threw in a FTL drive for fun!

A completely random stranger...MJN SEIFER!

Santa heard that his one likes My Lovely Horse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg). This year for Christmas you will not only get a paid trip to Vancouver to the studio headquarters but also you will work with the team to create your own pony that will appear in the upcoming season!

Happy Holidays all~

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Secret Santa Presents #11

And finally, for now at least, the last batch of presents. The last Santa is quite new to Terra, but thankfully he has settled in quite handsomely as a powerful mage. However, this Santa knows how to be down to Earth, and the presents he has chosen to the Iifa tree are very special...

A fellow secret Santa...Faris!

As for Faris... Every pirate needs a crew and a ship :D

A member of the EoFF staff... Loony BoB!

http://welooklikefools.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/426157_252012934883163_234021636682293_587062_2042872193_n.jpg

This is for Loony ^ Was going through the internet and remember seeing this once. Knew I had to give it to someone as a gift :D

A completely random stranger... rinnamks8976!

And for the other random guy whose name is difficult to remember... Some bath towels. Never know if he might be running low! They're cotton too!

Faris
12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I promise to work them right to the bone and make them the best pirates ever! :love:

No cookies until they've swept the deck!

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Requiem Of The Tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HS7C2894I

No Matter The Amount Of Presents, The Iifa Tree
Fell.
The World Of Terra Was Grief Stricken. Anarchy
Reigned And Perpetual Precipitation Rained Down
On The Sad Residents Of Terra. The Gods Wore
Black Until The End Of Days And With Just A Few
Hours Until Christmas Eve, The Members Of Terra
Gave Up The Qualities That Make Our Community Unique.

-

We Gave Up Virtue.
We Gave Up Sorrow.
We Gave Up Dilemma.
We Gave Up Devotion.
We Gave Up Despair.
We Gave Up Indulgence.
We Gave Up Solitude.
We Gave Up Arrogance.

-

One Day, A Member Of Our Community Noticed An Odd,
Twinkling Light Where The Iifa Tree Once Stood. The
Ground Was Necrotic. Darkening Clouds Gathered.
The Member Approached Ever Nearer, Unsure What
The Bizarre Light Was.

Suddenly. A Flash. The Once Necrotic Ground Flourished
Into A Magnificent Flower Field And The Skies Opened
Up To Reveal Blue Winter Skies. The Member Opened
It's Eyes And Snow Began To Fall.

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar15004_54.gif

I hope you guys really enjoyed my little interludes. I tried to bring in the Iifa Tree has a not so subtle reference to a Christmas tree, I hope my efforts brought some ceremony to the whole thing. I really hope you all enjoyed the presents that the Santas gave you! It is now up to you guys whether or not you want to keep it a secret forever, or go off blabbing who you had and whatnot.

I really enjoyed doing this event and it also marks my first ever flaming thread! I'm stoked. Thanks guys! The Santas were all great and thank you for all making this event special. May it continue next year!

And of course. Merry Christmas Everyone!! Particularly those who celebrate it on the 24th. Freaks. :)

Melissaur
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
YAY! Merry Holidays everyone :love:

Shauna
12-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Thank you to my secret santa. :3 And I apologise again.

Thanks also to Formalhaut for getting this all set up. :}

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
You can always get your presents in after the fact, at least you explained things to me. Tifa's Boobs haven't got back to me yet in a few days, how annoying.

But enough of that. Thanks guys for the praise! This is I think the first time I've hosted something here on EoFF, and not to mention the first time I've hosted something and things have actually gone well! Gee. I'm besides myself with a strange emotion called happiness.

Laddy
12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
What a lovely little mirror! <3

Now I don't have to go to my hairdresser so much anymore!

Faris
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Do we reveal who gave what or try to guess? :)

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
It's completely up to you. Maybe at New Years Day, I'll make an offical update, but until then, let loose. :)

Lonely Paper Star
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I really have no idea who my Secret Santa is. Maybe I should've studied everyone's writing/posting styles. Lolol. Or maybe I need a username wordbank.

Again (since I told you in a Visitor Message), thank you, Formalhaut, for hosting such a fun event! I'd do it again. :love:

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
I've included very slight hints in my opening introductions to most of the Santas. Some more obvious than others, and one or two didn't get any!

Psychotic
12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Someone knows me really fucking well, I tell you the fuck what. Thank you Santa and thank you Formalhaut for pointing me to this lovely thread :)

Madonna
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Well, this has been cool. Thanks to everyone who has participated. It might be hard to figure out who got who what, huh?

Goldenboko
12-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Dear god, I love that trip so much! Thank you stranger! :love:

Formalhaut, this was excellently run. My hat is off to you.

Pike
12-23-2012, 11:15 PM
The AmuSphere as seen in Sword Art Online, this allows a person to be completely immersed into their gaming experience. It basically allows full immersion of the conscious into a virtual reality for the best gaming experience ever. Moreover, it comes with two units, so you can play with a friend! Also, Santa heard rumours that you are a bot-girl, so he threw in a FTL drive for fun!

YES

Best day ever!

Melissaur
12-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Mine had to be Proto or Shorty, because they know how much I love Leon and Kiwi's, but would Shorty send herself to Pontus?

OR I just looked at my rep xD Thank you SO MUCH Faris :love:

fire_of_avalon
12-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Awww, Secret Santa #5 you are the baddest of asses! Thank you for making a personalized gift tag. I think I am going to put it in my signature. :D

Also, Formalhaut you did such a good job with this! Very creative and awesome idea. I hope you make it a tradition. :bigsmile:

Formalhaut
12-24-2012, 01:59 AM
I have to say secret Santa No.5 should make me a gift tag as well... *hint hint*

Oh, I'm welling up now. I've created a EoFF tradition! People in ten years time will still be doing this, I really hope! Of course FOA! This is a patented EoFF tradition from now on!

Agent Proto
12-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Why... didn't I get anything? :(

Formalhaut
12-24-2012, 02:12 AM
The most likely reason is because three of the Santas are busy:

Tifa's Boobs - 48 hour shifts and heading to Grandmothers for Christmas. Sounds fun!
Shauna - Work related stuff and generally being snowed under
Shorty - On some trip, somewhere

If you haven't got a present, don't worry Proto! You will get it once their ready. They do say good things come to those who wait right?

Update: Did some PM snooping and uncovered that the following presents yet to be made (Though with understandable reasons mind) are the following -

Madonna
The Summoner Of Leviathan
Agent Proto
Jiro
Shoeberto
Wolf Kanno
Aulayana
Shiny
Happy Noodle Boy

Jiro
12-24-2012, 02:19 AM
You don't need to make anything for me guys :shobon:

Formalhaut
12-24-2012, 02:22 AM
You don't need to make anything for me guys :shobon:

Guys, I am calling on all of you to make Jiro as many presents as you can muster.

Faris
12-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Mine had to be Proto or Shorty, because they know how much I love Leon and Kiwi's, but would Shorty send herself to Pontus?

OR I just looked at my rep xD Thank you SO MUCH Faris :love:

I saw the kiwi in your "cutes" pictures and Leon was a shot in the dark ^___^. Honestly had no idea what to make for each of my present getters so I did some stalking research. :)

Dr. rydrum2112
12-24-2012, 03:39 AM
I don't know what to say about my gift... I guess the first thing I should say is "Doctor, not Physician" (aka Not that kind of Doctor). And I am not sure where the murder thing comes from but THANKS for the incredibly non-linear thought process in my gift, hahahahaha.

Are we revealing who we gave presents too?

Madame Adequate
12-24-2012, 05:52 AM
I will use it to smack naughty people's butts! :jess:

milliegoesbeep
12-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Aww thank you guys x3 that was so cute.

DK
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Whoever brought me Sailor Suit Barret for christmas is my favourite person ever and I love you and want to kiss your face. And I got three votes for sexiest male at the ciddies, so that means it will only be mildly gross. :love: Seriously though, thanks!

Formalhaut
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Are we revealing who we gave presents too?

I'm officially revealing the Santas and their targets on New Years Day, however feel free to do whatever. The Events essentially over now so don't feel restrained by me!

Great job Santas!

Dr. rydrum2112
12-24-2012, 05:52 PM
My gift to Jiro.

I hace contacted, Kadokawa (http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/), who have agreed to rerelease Lunar 2: Eternal Blue with the protagonists name changed to Jiro instead of Hiro. So your legendaryness will forever be immortalized in a great classic RPG.

NeoCracker
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I will use it to smack naughty people's butts! :jess:

You know, I opened this thread and this is the only post I have read.

I will proceed to not read other posts, and just use my imagination to figure out whats going on here.

MJN SEIFER
12-24-2012, 11:25 PM
A completely random stranger...MJN SEIFER!

Santa heard that his one likes My Lovely Horse. This year for Christmas you will not only get a paid trip to Vancouver to the studio headquarters but also you will work with the team to create your own pony that will appear in the upcoming season!

Now that would be So AWESOME!. ^_^
Thanks.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Haha this is excellent!

You're welcome. I was Santa #2, might as well release it now- no real point in waiting.

And for del murder, sorry about those videos not posting correctly in the thread...

and this one is really worth the watch- its hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

Rantz
12-26-2012, 11:57 AM
A member of the EoFF staff...Rantz!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Ashley-pie/EoFF/8-year-old-boy-finds-ambergris-whale-vomit.jpg

D'awww! :love: Adorkable! Although the filename concerns me a little... Still, thanks a lot! <3

Faris
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
It weirded me out too but the picture was perfect! I kept the file name because it reminded me of Futurama.

Madonna
12-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Formalhaut, one day I am going to teach you to be a stealth ninja.

Night Fury
12-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Haha this is excellent!

You're welcome. I was Santa #2, might as well release it now- no real point in waiting.

And for del murder, sorry about those videos not posting correctly in the thread...

and this one is really worth the watch- its hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

Well thank you my Secret Santa! :D

Samuraid
12-30-2012, 05:14 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT00UA10n_KwtrZ9jaU_Kd2tE3sYxs48WOd_OBmhrNXD8RRQ7VGlQ

Samuraid loves Rurouni Kenshin, so here's a Rurouni Kenshin t-shirt.

Many thanks. :)

Formalhaut
12-31-2012, 05:04 PM

Secret Santa Presents #12

Well, Christmas has already graced us with her presence, but that doesn't mean that Terra can't have even more festive cheer! This particular Santa has been on a trip for awhile, but as soon as she got back, her personal workshop went into overdrive! Let's see what three lucky members received for Christmas New Years....

A fellow secret Santa...The Summoner of Leviathan!

http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg
BUT WHERE IS MY LEVIATHAN?

Think of it as your Christmas puppy with a big red bow! :D

A member of the EoFF staff... Wolf Kanno!

Judging by your avatar, you appear to like The Gorillaz! I'm sure you're familiar with their work, but I thought I might try to give you the gift of an unreleased song just in case you haven't heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHQWA4dCFk

A completely random stranger... Aulayna!

As a WoW player, I hope you like this small gift for your character!

http://www.warcraftpets.com/images/pets/big/soul_of_aspects.v7131.jpg
After the Santas are revealed I'll contact you with the key code. Hope you enjoy it!

12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Awww, he's so cute! *scratches it under the jaw*

Thanks!

Formalhaut
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Just a quick reminder that the official Secret Santa reveal is taking place tomorrow! Make sure to be there! I'll even create a little backstory thing like I did for the Iifa tree! Not sure what I'm going to do for that, but you know. I'll think of something.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Just a quick reminder that the official Secret Santa reveal is taking place tomorrow! Make sure to be there! I'll even create a little backstory thing like I did for the Iifa tree! Not sure what I'm going to do for that, but you know. I'll think of something.

do you happen to have an ETP? (estimated time of posting)

Wolf Kanno
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM

Judging by your avatar, you appear to like The Gorillaz! I'm sure you're familiar with their work, but I thought I might try to give you the gift of an unreleased song just in case you haven't heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHQWA4dCFk

Ah thank you. I do love the Gorillaz and have not actually heard this song before. So thank you. :jess:

Aulayna
12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
A completely random stranger... Aulayna!

As a WoW player, I hope you like this small gift for your character!

http://www.warcraftpets.com/images/pets/big/soul_of_aspects.v7131.jpg
After the Santas are revealed I'll contact you with the key code. Hope you enjoy it!

:love:

Formalhaut
12-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Rydrum, I would say anywhere from 5:00pm to 8:00pm GMT. That might change however, but that's what I'm planning.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM

Secret Santa Presents #13

So, the penultimate Santa? But is this a different Santa from the previous twelve that we have already seen? In a shocking plot twist, Santa #13 is the same Santa as on of the previous twelve? I wonder who it could be... all will be revealed tomorrow...

A fellow secret Santa...Madonna!

Madonna's gift is in homage to his original name and I hope he sees just how "special" it is.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6904483/lynx.jpg

A member of the EoFF staff... Shiny!

Shiny says that she kicks and punches in her sleep, so I thought that she could use something to help make her less dangerous at night to those around her!

http://img.medicalexpo.com/images_me/photo-m2/4sfcompm0002-69120-126923.jpg

A completely random stranger... Happy Noodle Boy!

:) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4P-AKVVH1I&list=PLA24185F004A21EFC)

Click the smilie of all knowing...

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 01:57 AM

Secret Santa Presents #14

This last Secret Santa is a bit of an enigma. Who is he? Where is he from? What is his purpose? Some whisper he is the leader of the Santas, others say he is an inconspicuous member of the community...

A fellow secret Santa...Agent Proto!

Because I don't really know you very well outside of the EoFF community, I was sort of stuck for a gift idea. I knew you liked Phoenix Wright, but then that's easy to do, so I looked on your About Page, and found that your location is a root beer forum, so guess what I got you!

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/kitchen/2011_06_14-RootBeer.jpg

Yup yup! Lucky you! You get 50 full crates of Thomas Kemper Root Beer! You lucky devil! :)

A completely random stranger... Shoeberto!

I wonder... I don't really know him well either...but his avatar is based off of "No More Heroes", and the main guy wields a lightsaber... so...

Nope! The main character, Travis Touchdown, can earn money doing oddjobs, including mowing the lawns of people. What better to start the new year with freshly cut grass?

A member of the EoFF staff... Jiro!
A member of the prestigious EoFF community, and a real friend... Jiro!

Well, at the time of formulating the idea, he was a staff member, but alas, Jiro has stepped down as a fabulous editor. Never mind! This one comes from the heart. Jiro has been one of my anchors here on EoFF, I honestly have not a bad word to say about him. The dedication to both the site, and maintaining a friendly cheerful face is one that cannot be underestimated. He is a lovely, lovely person. And a lovely, lovely person deserves an extra special present.

Well Dak, it's your own personal private island, courtesy of Private Islands Online! (http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/james-island) You'll swoon when you see your own personal mini-forest, lake, cliff edge and jetty, because oh yes, the yacht is all-inclusive! Don't worry, I got Balthier to pay for everything. The sky pirate had so much gil lying around, and the exchange rate is really in my favour!

But wait, you might get lonely on the island right? Don't worry, I also got you your very own...

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/35783/971897-companion_cube_.jpg

Your very own companion cube! Now, you'll never be lonely ever again! And if it happens to be incinerated, Aperture Science will pallet drop a new one just for you!

I'm sure you'll agree that with your personal island and companion cube, you will be living the life of luxury a guy like you deserves...

Agent Proto
01-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Root beer, I can live with that. :D Thank you Sercret Santa!

Dr. rydrum2112
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
not sure I can be around for the big reveal... have to go to the future in-laws for pork & sauerkraut.

Def. will check in later though.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Ugh, I've tried sauerkraut before... never, EVER again.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Sauerkraut is indeed terrible.

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:07 PM

Elegy Of The Tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GEqZVLf_I

Christmas was a joyous occasion.

The members of the community were overwrought with
real emotion as they opened their presents.
One
by
One
they opened. Rip. Shred. Tear. The smiles on their
faces awakened even the Gods from their quiet slumber.
The thankful members begged for the Santas to reveal themselves,
the same Santas who saved their world from depression and apathy.

-

Summoner of Leviathan's pet can force tidal waves to irrigate crops
Madonna hasn't changed his userame...yet
Bert's love and apology gift was much appreciated
milliegoesbeep's unicorn ninja became her personal bodyguard
Happy Noodle Boy's soundtrack blasted out of his bedroom
Tifa's Boobs loved her hypnotising star-bra
Futan didn't know what to think of his balloon cactus...
Dr.rydrum2112's unicorn mask was great for parties
Psychotic was bemused by his smurfing walrus trout and showed it to everyone
Chris's buffet of food appeased the Qu's voracious appetite
Loony BoB's chainsaw sword helped cull down the wild behemoths
Shion's mermid bra got plenty of looks from both the Gaian men and women
rinnamks8976 did need some new bath towels
Wolf Kanno has been listening to the song for hours
Shorty strangly adored her cephalopod friends, and gave them all names
Melissaur's partner Leon enforces justice across Gaia
Laddy used his magic mirror alot. And I mean alot
Del Murder appreciated his videos very much
Shauna adored her typewriter waffle maker so much Quina mistook it for an actual typewriter
Aulayna's World of Warcraft dragon thing was very useful in raids...or whatever they do there
Pike's Amusphere gave him hours of VR amusement
Goldenboko's vacation to the Golden Saucer gave him the rest he needed
fire_of_avalon's pet dragon allows her to get to work much faster
Roogle got constant headaches with his 3D glasses
Red Mage Coffman's new computer gives him a stable connection
Cim's shot-flask contained infinite hi-potions
Freya loved her hotdog during the perfect summertime month of December
DK and Sailor Barret eventually started a comedy duo sketch, which is getting top ratings
Lockharted's virtual flowers are still fresh and smelling nice
Samuraid's t-shirt hasn't been washed in quite some time
I'm My Own MILF's yard stick is getting firm usage
Rantz's Whale constantly battles SoL's pet for ocean superiority
Depression Moon was a very lovely extra in "The Walking Dead", finally biting Andrea
Shoeberto's lawnmower kept his garden nice and clean
Shiabana's new biographical film was a best seller, produced by Tim Burton
MJN Seifer's trip to My Lovely Horse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg) studios was a big success and brought back his own pony
Faris's new crew was instantly fired, but learned an important life lesson
Pitye's pretzel maker was much enjoyed.. by Lockharted
Ultima Shadow's rings are still worn to this day
Jiro renamed his personal island "The Island Closest To Heaven"
Shiny's torture device was used on Cait Sith, thank GOD

-

All of them begged for the Santa's to reveal themselves. But the
cheerful chimes never came. Until New Years Eve came.

The church bell rang fourteen times. Once for every Santa.

The townspeople gathered around the centre of the town. The
Santas were standing on grand plinths, and unmasked themselves.
One
by
One

:party:The Inaugural EoFF Secret Santa Reveal!:party:

I really hope everyone enjoyed the Elegy! Nice to see everyone using their presents with such glee! But now that Christmas is over and the New Years have arrived, it is now time to finally put to rest the rumours and mystery surrounding the illustrious Santas. From now, I shall be drip-feeding you the Santas, their number and the lucky members who they gifted with Christmas joy. I fully expect each Santa to get a round of applause for the hard work they did during the fantastic Inaugural EoFF Secret Santa!

I shall begin with #1, all the way through to #14, I shall keep everyone posted! Enjoy, and I hope you all had a fantastic time!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 07:11 PM
:excited:!

01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
GO LEVIATHAN USE TIDAL WAVE! :D

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM

Secret Santa Number One!

A fellow Secret Santa... Shauna!

A member of the EoFF staff...Roogle!

A completely random stranger ...Cim!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar8_115.gif

Agent Proto!!!

Aulayna
01-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Many thanks to the other secret santa who got me a surprise gift on Steam!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:27 PM

Secret Santa Number Two!

A fellow Secret Santa... Lockharted!

A member of the EoFF staff... Del Murder!

A completely random stranger ... Depression Moon!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar33275_1.gif

Dr. rydrum2112!!!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Secret Santa Number Three!

A fellow Secret Santa... Melissaur!

A member of the EoFF staff... Rantz!

A completely random stranger ... Chris!

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/fanart_faris.png

Faris!!!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
ooooh, well done to all of you as far! :D especially you, faris xD

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Secret Santa Number Four!

A fellow Secret Santa... Pitye!

A completely random stranger ... Ultima Shadow!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar25367_27.gif

Laddy!!!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM

Secret Santa Number Five!

A fellow Secret Santa... Goldenboko!

A member of the EoFF staff... fire_of_avalon!

A completely random stranger ... DK!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar16327_6.gif

Pitye!!!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Nicely done, Pitye!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Secret Santa Number Six!

A fellow Secret Santa... Red Mage Coffman!

A member of the EoFF staff... I'm My Own MILF!

A completely random stranger ... Bert!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar23336_66.gif

Goldenboko!!!

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 08:00 PM
:D :D :D

Melissaur
01-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I love my secret santa!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Secret Santa Number Seven!

A fellow Secret Santa... Dr. Rydrum2112!

A member of the EoFF staff... Psychotic!

A completely random stranger ... Shion!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar9019_119.gif

Madonna!!!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM

Secret Santa Number Eight!

A fellow Secret Santa... Shorty!

A member of the EoFF staff... milliegoesbeep!

A completely random stranger ... Shiabana!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar32545_29.gif

Melissaur!!!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
bawwwww I love my little cephalopod n________________n

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Secret Santa Number Nine!

A fellow Secret Santa... Tifa's Boobs!

A member of the EoFF staff... Freya!

A completely random stranger ... Futan!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37472_18.gif

Lockharted!!!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
lovely drawings, locky xD

Faris
01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Oh yay! Love the way this is being presented, Formalhaut :D

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Secret Santa Number Ten!

A fellow Secret Santa... Laddy!

A member of the EoFF staff... Pike!

A completely random stranger ... MJN Seifer!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar12551_49.gif

The Summoner of Leviathan!!!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Secret Santa Number Eleven!

A fellow Secret Santa... Faris!

A member of the EoFF staff... Loony BoB!

A completely random stranger ... rinnamks8976

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37820_1.gif

Red Mage Coffman!!!

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 08:28 PM
*Applauds*

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:32 PM

Secret Santa Number Twelve!

A fellow Secret Santa... The Summoner of Leviathan!

A completely random stranger ... Aulayna!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar2376_17.gif

Shorty!!!

Aulayna
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Awww Shorty have my babies :love:

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM

Secret Santa Number Thirteen!

A fellow Secret Santa... Madonna!

A member of the EoFF staff... Shiny!

A completely random stranger ... Happy Noodle Boy!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar2376_17.gif

Shorty!!!

And she gets my personal commendation for being a trooper and doing two whole batches of presents! Everyone give her a standing ovation!

:D

Aulayna
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Awww Shorty have my babies :love:

I'll just re-quote this instead! :p

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM

Secret Santa Number Fourteen!

A fellow Secret Santa... Agent Proto!

A completely random stranger ... Shoeberto!

A member of the prestigious EoFF community, and a real friend ... Jiro!

http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37510_2.gif

Formy!!!

Faris
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
:joker:

Yay! Well done all the Secret Satans! You all did a wonderful presentation :D Thank you again Formy for hosting this, hope to see this again next year for more fun.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
aw shucks it was no big deal, guys :love:

aulayna, I'll get your little pet to you shortly! <33

Rantz
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
All hail the Secret Satans!

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar8_115.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar33275_1.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/fanart_faris.pnghttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar25367_27.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar16327_6.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar23336_66.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar9019_119.gif
http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar32545_29.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37472_18.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar12551_49.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37820_1.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar2376_17.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37510_2.gif

A Personal Message From The Host

When I think back to my time here since September, one thing that stands out to me is the sense of community. Everyone acts as a cohesive hive mind. Sure, we disagree on certain topics; any glance over to EoEO will answer that. But despite any petty little disputes, any small wounds heal rather quickly because we all love each other really. The EoFF Secret Santa for me just further strengthened this view for me alot further. Seeing every smile, go ecstatic, beam with delight even with fictitious gifts. Because at the end of the day, it truly is the idea that counts. It's the feeling. The intuitive presents I have seen over the past weeks have heartened me, that individual bonds can be so strong. People know each other so well; even if they have never met. It is truly an inspirational event.

But this event couldn't have been made without you. While I was the originator of the idea, like a seed in the ground, it couldn't have born fruits without the messages, presents, and views you guys have brought to this joyous occasion. The Santas deserve a standing ovation for the work they did, out of their own time. But so too all the people who took part in this event, because what is a Santa without people to give presents to?

But enough of the pomp and ceremony. Thank you for making the EoFF Secret Santa a rousing success, and I hope it will be even larger next year!

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:15 PM
This was such a great event, Formy! I do indeed hope that it becomes a tradition and that you do it next year :love:

Thanks for my gift, Secret Santa!

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Excellent event Formy dear!

I loved it, I enjoyed taking part, and I hope it is even bigger next year, I mean THIS YEAR! :D

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 09:30 PM

I loved it, I enjoyed taking part, and I hope it is even bigger next year, I mean THIS YEAR! :D

And thank YOU for coining my nickname!

Formy. Love it. Just rolls off the tongue.

Jinx
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM

No. Just no.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Yay! Well done all the Secret Satans! You all did a wonderful presentation :D Thank you again Formy for hosting this, hope to see this again next year for more fun.

Best typo and/or specific misspelling ever. Perhaps this event should be renamed.

Night Fury
01-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Hahaha Secret Satans! xD

Formalhaut
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM

No. Just no.

What. Now. :(

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Don't listen to her. Formy it is!

Jinx
01-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Formalhaut, or change your username. :colbert:

Also, pretty sure everyone on EoFF is an outed Satan.

Shauna
01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I am super sorry guys. :3 The timing of this event and all my irl stuff overlapped horrendously. I will endeavour to do better next time.

Thanks a lot to Formy for getting all this set up. :D It was nice seeing all the stuff people came up with.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
You weren't the only one who was late - it's all good

Faris
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM

Best typo and/or specific misspelling ever. Perhaps this event should be renamed.

Yes... :shifty:

Jiro
01-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I told you guys not to get me anything. Gosh! Thank you though. If you need me, you know where I'll be. Hanging out on my island with Companion Cube.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-02-2013, 03:18 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar8_115.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar33275_1.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/fanart_faris.pnghttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/thumbs/avatar25367_27.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar16327_6.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar23336_66.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar9019_119.gif
http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar32545_29.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37472_18.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar12551_49.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37820_1.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar2376_17.gifhttp://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar37510_2.gif

Just reading it now- Bravo FORMy.

Glad everyone participated it was interesting to try and get gifts that would "work" for someone.

although by looking at the avatar pictures, we can really tell whose is the most pathetic...

Shiny
01-02-2013, 03:53 AM
Well, thanks...I always wanted straps for my bed...

But not for the reasons you intended, Formalhaut.

Shorty
01-02-2013, 03:54 AM
I gave you those straps out of sincere consideration for those around you :(

Shiny
01-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Oh, well thank you Miss Shorty! Though I can't promise not to use them for devious reasons.

Shorty
01-02-2013, 03:58 AM
You may use your gift in whatever way you wish.

01-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks Shorty for the gift! <3

And thanks to Formy for the event! Kudos!

Lonely Paper Star
01-02-2013, 04:14 AM
:bow: Yay to all the Secret Satans!

Thank you, Laddy. I love my pretzel maker~

Again, great job, Formy! Awesome closing to an awesome event!

Shorty
01-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Secret Satans unite!

Dr. rydrum2112
01-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Secret Satans unite!

"Form like Voltron"
and take on all.

maybe to old of a reference for some.

Shorty
01-02-2013, 04:22 AM
voltron was just mentioned in chat earlier and I was yelled at for not getting the reference :(

Dr. rydrum2112
01-02-2013, 04:24 AM
voltron was just mentioned in chat earlier and I was yelled at for not getting the reference :(

hahahaha. That is funny. It was actually a a double reference- if anyone is familiar with 90s Rap (hence the ""s).

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks Shorty for the gift! <3

And thanks to Formy for the event! Kudos!

Thanks guys for the messages of satisfaction with the event! Glad everyone enjoyed it. As an aside, Faris and SoL have been given special Swapnote messages as thanks for their hard Santa work! :D

Agent Proto
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
After all the huss, my secret santa was you all this time! how'd you know I like the root beers? :O

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
After all the huss, my secret santa was you all this time! how'd you know I like the root beers? :O

Hm.... I wonder....

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
In all seriousness though, this was a brilliant event, and well done to you for pulling it off without any major hiccups!

I'd like to see more of these kind of events, maybe we could have one for Valentines Day as this was brilliant! :)

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
In all seriousness though, this was a brilliant event, and well done to you for pulling it off without any major hiccups!

I'd like to see more of these kind of events, maybe we could have one for Valentines Day as this was brilliant! :)

Secret Valentines... hmm... or maybe blind date...

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Who would be Cilla Black though?

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Who would be Cilla Black though?

Just posted in the Events Committee all about it. Read it over and respond. I think it could go well..

Madonna
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the present, Shorty. Hugs.

All of this turned out well and I would participate again. Good work, Formalhaut, and thank you, Santas.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-02-2013, 05:49 PM

great idea Lockharted.

Lonely Paper Star
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM

great idea Lockharted.

Great one, indeed! :3

My brain is already churning with ideas I could use for a V-day event....

Melissaur
01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
OMG a V-Day event would be great! I was just thinking maybe having a V-Day card exchange like we do with Christmas! I know I'm going to do it no matter what! I want to send you all cards since I missed the christmas card send off :(

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't want to spoil anything, but the members of the Events Committee are busily planning events for Valentines, don't you worry guys :)

Of course, I'm not just name dropping the Events Committee for nothing. Do you want to take part in making EoFF the special site we know and love? Be a member of the Events Committee today!

Dr. rydrum2112
01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
I don't want to spoil anything, but the members of the Events Committee are busily planning events for Valentines, don't you worry guys :)

Of course, I'm not just name dropping the Events Committee for nothing. Do you want to take part in making EoFF the special site we know and love? Be a member of the Events Committee today!

did he mention the Events Committee? I am not sure he mentioned the Events Committee.