PDA

View Full Version : Ways you know you're cared about.

Jinx
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Last night I got a text from my close friend, Bryan, telling me to be careful today. He saw on the news a girl was sexually assualted on my campus yesterday, and the guys wasn't caught. He just texted me to tell me to be aware, and be cautious.

Yes, I know it's unlikely for lightning to strike twice, but I appreciated the gesture.

What things do people do to show you they care about you?

Shorty
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Middle of the night texts and emails. Phone calls from friends I haven't heard from in a while where we can pick up talking like we only spoke yesterday.

Jowy
12-04-2012, 05:57 PM
pet names
people screaming "dabrowski" across the office when i am seen
cute little text messages
getting links to things on the internet you know you'll love to read/watch
home-cooked meals
being trusted

Aulayna
12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
My Nan e-mailing me every week just to say hello.

Pheesh
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
All the messages I've received while on my holiday from people back home, saying things like "Hope you stay there!" And "Don't come back. Ever!"

It's so nice to know they want me to enjoy my vacation and wishing that I could have extended my fun.

Citizen Bleys
12-04-2012, 08:01 PM
My cat has a coronary infarction every night when I get home.

Denmark
12-04-2012, 08:06 PM
The fact that I've effectively been a lazy fucking leech on society and my parents for the last 6+ months and yet they still <s>haven't kicked me out</s> want me around and are doing as much to help me get a job relevant to my degree as I am.

Pike
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah the fact that my dad lets me live rent-free in his basement even though I'm turning 29 in a few weeks is pretty great of him.

Shiny
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Pretty much everything my dad does for me. It's really true when they say for girls no guy will ever compare to your dad. I have never dated a guy who has cooked me a meal and then came to get the plate, THEN WASHED IT. trout is amazing. I was like :o.

Also massages without me having to ask for them from my bf and my really good friends sending me personal voicemails or texts for the holidays.

When I say, "luvvvv uuuu" to my dog she licks my nose furiously.

Chris
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Pretty much the same as you guys. I am not, however, particularly good at returning the gesture, but I do my best.

Hollycat
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
My cat has a myocardial infarction every night when I get home.

So do you witch cats every nine days or something?

Citizen Bleys
12-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I am not a witch

Hollycat
12-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I am not a witch
If your cat suffers a heart attack every day, after nine days it dies. You have a pile of dead cats you sleep with and make mewing sounds with and make clothes with. Right now you are up to Mr Biddles the 43rd!

Clo
12-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Every time I'm walking down the street with a friend and they don't push me in front of a car, I'm like yessss

Honestly, I feel like any friend that genuinely listens to me will count. I have a lot of friends now that are very good at waiting for their turn to talk.

Denmark
12-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I am not a witch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

Laddy
12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I know when I come home and my corgi always jumps into my arms and greets me I'm loved. :love:

Christmas
12-05-2012, 01:04 AM
The eggs that my old horny hen laid voluntarily walk into my mouth every morning to be my breakfast. :bigsmile:

Good eggie, GOOD EGGIE!! :bigsmile:

Sephex
12-05-2012, 01:10 AM
I just know.

Iceglow
12-05-2012, 01:21 AM
The constant stream of abuse and pranks I get from Paul and Dan. The way certain people email or text me regularly. How as soon as I turn up at my mom's house my youngest niece becomes my shadow or attaches herself to my hip from the moment I walk in to the moment I leave no matter who walks in to that house she don't give 2 shits, uncle Steve is cooler.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
My cat when he decides to curl up next to me on the couch or in bed.

When my boyfriend texts me that he misses me, or decides to give me a random video call to say hi. :D

When my mom makes my favourite things when I come home to visit.

Also, when best friends give you a container to pee in then deal with it when you cannot get out of bed. THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP. :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-05-2012, 09:11 AM
It must be nice.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/nmfloropoulos/Untitled-1-1.jpg

Balzac
12-06-2012, 02:20 AM
When I get messages like this;

(02:11) (Agrias) I LOVE YOU STU
(02:11) (Agrias) YOUZ DA BESTEST

Faris
12-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Uhhh.... Ummm.... Oh well. :shobon:

Citizen Bleys
12-06-2012, 04:13 AM
I am not a witch
If your cat suffers a heart attack every day, after nine days it dies. You have a pile of dead cats you sleep with and make mewing sounds with and make clothes with. Right now you are up to Mr Biddles the 43rd!

That's a cardiac infarction. A coronary infarction is when the brain explodes.

Formalhaut
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Probably when I get hugged. For me, I know then that I'm cared about when someone is willing to offer up their personal bubble in hugging me. I don't get hugged enough though!

~*~Celes~*~
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
When I ask him to get me a blanket, he doesn't just hand it to me, he covers me up too :)

Rantz
12-06-2012, 09:48 PM
I think about something related to myself and then I think: "Who cares?" and then I say to myself: "I care. I care so much." and that's how I know.

Zeldy
12-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Drunken/intoxicated revelations from friends; the protective hug off my best mate, only when she's drunk, we never say anything nice to each other any other time, or hug, the notion of us hugging is bizarre. And my group of guy friends who are all like my older brothers, I've been told a million times that if I ever need them for anything no matter where I am or what time it is, that I ring no matter what. That's really cute.

41-Inches-Wide
12-07-2012, 02:22 AM
When I'm like, "Oh, I feel so sick!" and he's like "Sick, eh? Just your imagination, you're so healthy! You will bear me lots of babies someday."

LunarWeaver
12-07-2012, 02:24 AM
I've been in a relationship for quite a long time now. I started to wonder recently and secretly if I might irritate my better half with the small stuff or not. The small stuff can stack up and really get to a person. I've had roommates all my adult life, so I understand that it happens. But then, one day while just lookin' at me, he pointed out without prompt all the little mannerisms, habits, and quirky things I do and often don't realize I do as endearing instead of annoying. It was a random silly sappy list and I totally ate the sap. I felt cared about, I tells ya.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/finngooglyeyes.gif

Red Mage Coffman
12-07-2012, 02:31 AM
My friends telling me I'm an annoying bastard, but they'd choose me over Nutella.

Jiro
12-07-2012, 11:58 AM
My friends telling me I'm an annoying bastard, but they'd choose me over Nutella.

That is a pretty phenomenal vote of support right there.

Night Fury
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
When my housemate knocks on my door to tell me she's making a cuppa, and do I want one

:jess: