PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 1-to-1

Mercen-X
12-05-2012, 07:13 AM
The idea of a fighting engine using FF characters has been put out before. Characters have been featured in Ehrgeiz and Dissidia is technically a versus game.

However, I would like to see which characters you'd qualify for a close-quarters unarmed 1-on-1 fight. There are obvious candidates from the series based on the Monk character class...

Monk (and characters who can fight barehanded i.e. from III, V or XII)
Berserker (and characters who can become this class i.e. from III, V or X-2)
Yang
Sabin
Tifa
Rude
Zangan
Zell
Amarant
Rikku
Snow

...but who else makes the qualifications?

This is not a rhetorical question. I'm inviting suggestions although you must provide some kind of explanation if the character choice isn't self-explanatory.

If there's someone from Tactics/Advance you can think, feel free. I've not really played them, so I don't know.

Gamblet
12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Josef :p

Denmark
12-05-2012, 11:07 PM
barrett

oh wait that would be "gunarmed" instead of "unarmed"

god bless the ring

Mercen-X
12-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, his rocket punch is technically not a gunarm.

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-08-2012, 03:16 AM
I would like to see Sabin bum rush Zell and take his soul.

Mercen-X
12-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Ooookay

Roogle
12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
I would love an actual fighting game based on the Final Fantasy series. That was what Dissidia Final Fantasy was meant to be, but it never caught on among the fighting game community and honestly plays nothing like conventional games in the fighting game genre. I think that they could make most characters fit some type of archetype in fighting games, even the ones that wield weapons. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 manages to have a diverse roster including quite a few combatants who can't really fight with their bare hands.

Del Murder
12-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Don't forget the FFXI Monk class. They were pretty powerful. And I hated them.

I think Josef vs. Yang would be a fun battle. They are the two of the purest Monk classes.

maybee
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Ursula from the After Years. Yang's very awesome daughter.
:jess:

I would like to see Sabin bum rush Zell and take his soul.

Sounds like a spicy yaoi fan-fiction.

NeoCracker
12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Ursula was a fucking beast. I ended up using her and Edge, because fuck they rack up a lot of attacks.