PDA

View Full Version : Your Legacy

Cuchulainn
12-05-2012, 10:28 AM
If you died on the morrow, how do you think people remember you? If you don't like the answer your thoughts give you, sure there's time enough to change that. If you lack in any self awareness this question may give up false answers as people with no self awareness throw up answers they believe but no one else does. Try not to do that.

I'll be remebered as cold by many, with respect by more, with humour by a lot & with genuine love by the chosen few. It ain't something I give out readily, something I'll pay for at my funeral but who cares, by then I'll be dust.

I'm happy enough with that.

WHAT SAY YOU?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-05-2012, 10:30 AM
"Ask me again later."

I think that sentence speaks volumes.

Rantz
12-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Best damn Developer ever seen at not just this, but any Final Fantasy forum.

Cuchulainn
12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
People aren't gonna remember that viking. I wouldn't hang your coat no that hope if i were you.

Chris
12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hopefully, people are going to remember me as someone who was just like everybody else. Someone with issues. Someone caring. Someone insecure. Someone strong. Someone who was 100% human, and not afraid to fail if it meant strengthening my character in the long run.

Also, sexy. Very sexy.

Rantz
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
People aren't gonna remember that viking. I wouldn't hang your coat no that hope if i were you.

Alright, serious answer here you go:

Relaxed, smart, friendly enough but somewhat introverted, absent-minded. Perhaps conflict-avoidant. Talented enough but somewhat lacking in ambition. Something like that maybe, although I doubt it'd be my "legacy" as such since I doubt most people analyse you even that closely - to 90% of people anyone knows, their legacy will probably be "that guy was cool" or "that guy was a douche".

It's all good though. :monster:

Parker
12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Hopefully people will remember me for my humour and general niceness rather than my shortcomings, but I can't be sure of that.

I won't care as I'll be dead so its not high on my list of priorities!

Balzac
12-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I'll be remembered as an all round nice guy.

Agrias
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I'll be forever known as that cute, crazy, funny chick who laughed during awkward silences and at her own jokes.

Loony BoB
12-05-2012, 02:05 PM
"Administrator of a video game forum."

*shrug* I dunno. A good guy, I hope.

Jowy
12-05-2012, 02:49 PM
He'd never turn away from someone in need.

Night Fury
12-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I like to think people will remember as someone who always made them laugh, whether it was laughing at me or with me. I'd also like to think people would recognise that I was loyal and an all round good egg.

Jinx
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Unbeknownest to a lot of people: In real life, I'm a huge goody-goody who's actually super sweet! Hard to believe, I know.

I guess I'd be remembered as that church going girl, who still had quite a bit of spark to her. Who loved the people who were unloved: people with special needs, elderly, the hungry. (As I'm joining to volunteer programs after the start of the year.) Also, intelligent, and witty. And never could keep the same hair colour for more than a month or two.

Actually, if I died tomorrow, I'd be very happy with the legacy I've left behind. This is a cool question, Cuch. Make people wake up and think.

escobert
12-05-2012, 03:05 PM
maybe for a little while. But I'm sure down the road I'd be forgotten.

Laddy
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
He was a bit of a bitch.

krissy
12-05-2012, 03:55 PM
the guy that summoned meteor

Shiny
12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
A hardened, cold, and opionated person by people who don't know me. A silly, opionated, and creatively productive dolt by people who do. And hopefully in a few years a highly productive and successfully ambitious dolt. :)

fire_of_avalon
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Here lies Megan. She tried, bless her heart.

themagicroundabout
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
lazy boozer

Pheesh
12-05-2012, 05:14 PM
If I died tomorrow? "Someone who died too young and had a lot more to offer."

Red Mage Coffman
12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Hmm...

I think my friends and family would remember me as a cool, quirky, friendly, outgoing, nerdy virgin. Someone who tried to enjoy life to its fullest everyday. People, mainly my female friends, might remember me as a complete whore who flirted with every girl in sight, even if I wasn't aware of it. They also might remember me as a stubborn, sassy, sarcastic, lazy, talkative mooch.

As for people who don't know me, I'd be a lot of things. They might remember me as the only white kid who joined the slam dunk contest. They might think back to the hilarious actor in the school play. Or the random kid who breakdanced in the middle of the gym for a five dollar bet. Or they could just think back to the quiet, calm guy keeping to himself in the back of the room.

I suppose I'm satisfied. To some extent.

Shoeberto
12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
HERE LIES
JUST ANOTHER GUY

Shorty
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I think I'd be remembered most for how often I smile and laugh, that I always try to keep the family together and that I always look on to bigger and better things. I like to think that my mother would remember me as her rock, my sisters as their leader and my friends as their shoulder.

Madame Adequate
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd like to think I'm remembered as brilliantly gifted and loving videogames.

More likely I'll be remembered as that weird guy who fapped a lot.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
maybe for a little while. But I'm sure down the road I'd be forgotten.

“They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when you're thought of for the last time.”

Paraphrased.

Formalhaut
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Probably nothing really.

Pike
12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Well maybe if I died Blizzard would finally get around to naming an item after me in World of Warcraft, like they did with all those other bloggers who started blogging BECAUSE OF ME :colbert:

Flaming Ice
12-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Dull and boring :)

Jiro
12-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Well maybe if I died Blizzard would finally get around to naming an item after me in World of Warcraft, like they did with all those other bloggers who started blogging BECAUSE OF ME :colbert:

The Pikestaff Pikestaff.

I can't answer the question you pose Cuch. How will I be remembered? What's my legacy? Nothing that amounts to much. I just did what I could with the time that was given to me.

Breine
12-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Probably as a nice guy who likes to have fun. That sums me up pretty well, as far as people have told at least.

Cuchulainn
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Probably as a nice guy who likes to have fun. That sums me up pretty well, as far as people have told at least.

I've seen your parties on facebook. I want in.

Værn
12-06-2012, 11:26 AM
But they've already named several items after you.
http://i47.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/rjp4ia.jpg
And one of those isn't even an actual pike!

Pike
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Okay, okay. :p

In all seriousness I figure I'd be remembered as that nice chick who wrote a book once that a lot of people like. Which is okay with me.

Clo
12-07-2012, 01:31 AM
I would like if people thought I was worth remembering. I want to be someone who remains in people's thoughts, even if it's random people, or young people.

Just a little bit of an impression. It's nice, to think of inspiring someone in some small way.

I Don't Need A Name
12-07-2012, 01:33 AM
"Administrator of a video game forum."

*shrug* I dunno. A good guy, I hope.

You're forgetting 'The guy with more statisticss than a T-Test manual'

Pumpkin
12-07-2012, 05:38 AM
I don't think many people would notice. People who did I would like to think would remember me as a nice, sweet girl.