PDA

View Full Version : Worst State

Laddy
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
What US State is the worst?

Mississippi. Mississippi is the worst. :colbert:

Hollycat
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
New Jersey, Arizona, Mississippi, Louisiana, both Dakotas, Georgia, Oregon, Nebraska, Michigan, most of California, Utah, Wyoming, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahomo.

Bunny
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
As someone who has lived in Mississippi, albeit for a short time, I cannot really disagree with Laddy.

Parker
12-06-2012, 10:53 PM
michigan because some TSA guy was an asshole to me in detroit!

nice one man. you ruined my opinion of an entire state

Sephex
12-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Nebraska.

It's like walking into a holodeck programmed with two words: Flat. Boring.

Balzac
12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
A typical American thing to do, leave out the rest of the world!

Sephex
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM

FINE WHEREVER YOU'RE FROM SUCKS TOO

Chris
12-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Does Jersey Shore take place in New Jersey? If so, New Jersey.

Heath
12-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I've never been a fan of gas - I definitely prefer liquids and solids.

Cuchulainn
12-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Pearl Harbour

Miriel
12-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Arizona.

Shorty
12-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Arizona.

Arizona is indeed correct.

Nebraska is a strong second contender, though.

Jinx
12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Kansas, New Jersey, Ohio.

Bunny
12-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Nebraska isn't actually that bad.

With something like this you kinda do. Even the worst state in the US is better than the rest of the countries in the world.

AMERICA #1

Laddy
12-07-2012, 12:24 AM
You can tell who hasn't been to Mississippi by their answers not including that god awful place called Mississippi.

Raistlin
12-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Arizona, Florida, New Jersey, and Utah are all strong contenders. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Utah yet.

Based on more subjective criteria, Massachusetts would also be up there, if only for Bill Simmons, Peter King, and the Patriots.

Shorty
12-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey, hey now. Utah is nuts, but it is better than all of those places.

Jowy
12-07-2012, 12:27 AM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/041108/virginia-confronts-her-ex.gif

Nebraska sounds pretty terrible too.

Del Murder
12-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Arizona.
Oh gods yes. It's a desert run by Republicans.

Pheesh
12-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Out of all the ones I visited I would have to say Missouri, but it was also the only non-tourist state that I went to. California after that because LA is in California and LA is a steaming pile of cow dung. Luckily San Diego is pretty enough to save the state (despite the chargers fans) and San Fran isn't that bad.

Raistlin
12-07-2012, 12:56 AM

No it's not. Ironically one of the states where you need the most alcohol makes it the hardest to obtain.

Miriel
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Out of all the ones I visited I would have to say Missouri, but it was also the only non-tourist state that I went to. California after that because LA is in California and LA is a steaming pile of cow dung. Luckily San Diego is pretty enough to save the state (despite the chargers fans) and San Fran isn't that bad.

Opinion immediately invalidated by using the term "San Fran".

Pheesh
12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh god. Eddie Izzard was right.

Clo
12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
You guys are not giving enough hate to Ohio.

Shorty
12-07-2012, 01:48 AM

No it's not. Ironically one of the states where you need the most alcohol makes it the hardest to obtain.

Yes, it is! It's beautiful and everyone seems to love it for it's snow. It's true that the alcohol situation is unfortunate, but Utah would get better if the mormons were gone. Getting rid of republicans wouldn't make Arizona much better (although some help is better than no help).

Denmark
12-07-2012, 01:49 AM
New Jersey.

Madame Adequate
12-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Illinois because every time I've been through Chicago O'Hare the place has been full of millions of resounding assholes.

Sephex
12-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Illinois because every time I've been through Chicago O'Hare the place has been full of millions of resounding assholes.

Try to land in Midway if you ever come this way again. It's much less of a hassle. Don't let that TERRIBLE airport make you think IL sucks. I mean, IL sucks for other reasons, but that airport is just a black hole.

Nicolas
12-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Since Raistlin finally said Florida. I can live peacefully knowing that I completely agree.

Araciel
12-07-2012, 02:45 AM
A 'United' one.

Citizen Bleys
12-07-2012, 03:12 AM
A 'United' one.

I'm going to log in to a browser instead of Forum Runner specifically to rep this post

CloudDragon
12-07-2012, 03:34 AM
I don't know about the worst state but I can tell you what the best state is:

DMKA
12-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Worst state? That's easy:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/oklahoma.jpg

Don't get why Ohio is getting so much hate though. I mean sure it's nothing to write home about, but I've been to Texas, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, and I'd rather live homeless under a bridge in Ohio than live in a five story mansion in one of those states.

Hollycat
12-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Worst state? That's easy:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/oklahoma.jpg

Don't get why Ohio is getting so much hate though. I mean sure it's nothing to write home about, but I've been to Texas, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, and I'd rather live homeless under a bridge in Ohio than live in a five story mansion in one of those states.
I'd rather live in the uterus of a whale than live in my own amusement park in ohio.

Pumpkin
12-07-2012, 05:04 AM
All of them.

But seriously, Michigan. I had some very not fun times the whole one times I was there and it was so awful I never want to go back.

The Man
12-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Arizona.

Oklahoma, Texas, and basically the entire Deep South are also strong contenders.

Florida and Utah are bad, but I don't think they're as bad as those others. At least Florida has several regions that aren't completely horrible, and Utah has Salt Lake City and several beautiful parks. Arizona has a number of beautiful parks as well, but they're not enough to overcome the horribleness of the rest of the state.

Shorty
12-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Nothing is beautiful in Arizona. It is all horrendous. All of it.

The Man
12-07-2012, 05:12 AM
It does have the Grand Canyon to its credit. I've only seen pictures but it looks rather impressive.

escobert
12-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Massholes are the worst.

The Man
12-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Nothing in Massachusetts is as awful as Jan Brewer, Arizona's immigration law, etc. Nothing in MA even comes close.

Shorty
12-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Jan Brewer needs to have her head sawed off. So does Joe Arpaio.

The Man
12-07-2012, 05:30 AM
There's a reason he's routinely called America's Worst Sheriff. :monster:

Citizen Bleys
12-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Screw you guys, Maine and massatwotrouts are the most Canadian yanks in existence

Freya
12-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Oklahoma. I've lived in 3 states, all very republican.... weird. Texas, Wyoming and OKlahoma. This state, Oklahoma, is THE WORST. I've been to (driven to) every state on this side of the Mississippi river besides Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Alaska and I still say Oklahoma is the worst. Although Worst drivers? That belongs to Denver, CO.

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Missouri, which is an old Native American word for Misery. Every trip I've ever been on that involved going through that state always ended with being delayed for hours due to traffic because I think their still trying to finish FDR's New Deal infrastructure projects, insufferable heat and humidity, awful white trash people and there is nothing there. It is a godforsaken hell hole, and the lack of it being mentioned simply tells me that many of you have been fortunate enough to never travel there, which I highly recommend you not do.

Quindiana Jones
12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
The majority of American astronauts have come from Ohio, so it must be pretty terrible. Also, the east coast hate on the west coast, but I loved the west coast so I must hate the east. Right?

Pike
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I can't think of a particularly bad state out of the ones I've been to (which aren't many, to be fair.) Utah is really super pretty, especially the southern half of the state, so I'm not gonna say that. Idaho is kind of boring I guess? Until you hit Coeur d' Alene. All of the states I've been to have something going for them. The western half of the US is pretty great like that :aimsun:

Jiro
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Wyoming,

No. :stare:

I didn't get around to as many of the states as I would like. Surprised at the lack of Alaskan hate, although they're probably just so far out of the way that nobody cares enough to remember them. I didn't go there btw it's just strange to think about. It's all snow and polar bears and shit. Actually that sounds awesome.

What'd I hate the most? Probably Illinois for the same reason MILF mentioned. Everywhere else was pretty good.

escobert
12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Nothing in Massachusetts is as awful as Jan Brewer, Arizona's immigration law, etc. Nothing in MA even comes close.

I'm talking strictly the people who live there. They're all ignorant assholes. and they invade my state all year long.

Screw you guys, Maine and massatwotrouts are the most Canadian yanks in existence

how can mass be more Canadian that the people of Vermont and New Hampshire who actually border Canada unlike the idiots in Mass. Mass is just a white Jersey Shore.

Shoeberto
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I mean it's not amazing, but it's not by any stretch terrible. It's just Ohio.

Mississippi gets my vote.

Jinx
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
You guys are not giving enough hate to Ohio.Yes.

Missouri, which is an old Native American word for Misery. Every trip I've ever been on that involved going through that state always ended with being delayed for hours due to traffic because I think their still trying to finish FDR's New Deal infrastructure projects, insufferable heat and humidity, awful white trash people and there is nothing there. It is a godforsaken hell hole, and the lack of it being mentioned simply tells me that many of you have been fortunate enough to never travel there, which I highly recommend you not do.
No. :(

The Man
12-07-2012, 05:29 PM
@Bert: Sorry, there's no way the people of Massachusetts are as bad as the people of Arizona. Someone had to elect Brewer, Arpaio, and the assholes who wrote that immigration bill, after all.

Mirage
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
and the Patriots.

THE LA LI LU LE LO?

WildRaubtier
12-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Queensland (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/11784.html)

Shorty
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I can't think of a particularly bad state out of the ones I've been to (which aren't many, to be fair.) Utah is really super pretty, especially the southern half of the state, so I'm not gonna say that. Idaho is kind of boring I guess? Until you hit Coeur d' Alene. All of the states I've been to have something going for them. The western half of the US is pretty great like that :aimsun:

Coeur d'Alene is like the one redeeming factor of Idaho. It isn't a terrible state but it's flat and boring as shit.

Polnareff
12-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Ohio. Every bad type of thing and person thrives in this state. There are tons of racists especially running around here. We also have the worst drivers. Forget the fact that a lot of celebrities were born here and we have two of the best amusement parks. And the fact that we invented the police car. This state sucks ass.

Jowy
12-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM)

buy a house for the price of a VCR!

Bunny
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
That belongs to Denver, CO.

Hahahahaa, that's cute. Try going to Maryland for about 5 seconds and you'll probably change your mind. Denver drivers aren't even that bad, it's all the road system. It was designed by a blind five-year-old with a crayon and a dream.

rubah
12-08-2012, 03:38 AM
every awful state has its glistening centre. I have yet to find one that I completely loathed!

even mississippi

unless this is like a 'worst state politically speaking' thread, then well, ok, since politically speaking, minorities don't matter.

NorthernChaosGod
12-08-2012, 04:17 AM
New Jersey, Arizona, Mississippi, Louisiana, both Dakotas, Georgia, Oregon, Nebraska, Michigan, most of California, Utah, Wyoming, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahomo.
Choke on a bag of a dicks.

You also suck and have poor taste.

blackmage_nuke
12-08-2012, 04:21 AM
This is how the civil war started. This and slavery.

Jiro
12-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Queensland (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/11784.html)

You wanker.

Cuchulainn
12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Pearl Harbour

WildRaubtier
12-08-2012, 01:20 PM
You already said that one, Garry

Cuchulainn
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Pearl Harbour

Pike
12-08-2012, 03:03 PM
PEARL FUCKING HARBOR

Bunny
12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
every awful state has its glistening centre. I have yet to find one that I completely loathed!

even mississippi

unless this is like a 'worst state politically speaking' thread, then well, ok, since politically speaking, minorities don't matter.

You know, this is completely true.

Mississippi had really good food.

Yar
12-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I don't understand the hate on Ohio either. Not saying it's an awesome place or anything. But it's better than any of the Ohio-touching states. (Although Pennsylvania may be just a touch better.) There are plenty of things to do in Ohio, and if you can't find anything to do then you are either a really boring person or you aren't looking hard enough.

I would like to say Mississippi is the worst state, but I haven't really been there so it wouldn't be fair for me to say it. :p For me it would have to be West Virginia.