PDA

View Full Version : walk the seasons from spring to winter

Jowy
12-08-2012, 02:01 AM
spring again, and we can enter!

Secret of Mana is amazing. Let's talk about it. I have the SNES cartridge and the iOS port. The upgrades to the sprites on iOS are nice but playing with a touch screen is next to impossible. Killed smurfing Spiky Tiger though so it should theoretically be smooth sailing from there.

JEKH ISN'T HERE GO AWAY

i have a bugged save on my SNES cartridge where i'm permanently confused and have inverted controls. what's your favourite part of the game? least?

Going to the Pure Land is the best. That entire area is telling you that you don't belong there but you still manage to fight your way through with possibly the most depressing outcome ever. ice palace is lame. santa's hard.

Del Murder
12-08-2012, 04:08 AM
This game is great. I love leveling up the weapons and magic and in the last area where you get random level 9 orbs. I used to play three player all the time with my brothers (I was usually the sprite).

Jowy
12-08-2012, 04:21 AM
The only level nine orb that ever dropped was for the whip! :aimcry:

Sprite is the best character.

Del Murder
12-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Really? I had a save once that had them all except sword. I'm not even sure sword level 9 is possible before the final boss.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Love this game, still one of my top favorite multiplayer games. Gorgeous music as well. I'll second the Pure Lands as one of the best parts of the game though I like the showdown at the Imperial Palace as well. My least favorite part was Sage Joch and his constant "errands" what a douche. It's still my favorite Mana game.

Jowy
12-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Really? I had a save once that had them all except sword. I'm not even sure sword level 9 is possible before the final boss.

You can; there's some glitch involving Ice Country that allows you to have it. Mana Magic causes your sword to drop back to Rusty Sword level.

And getting to the Mana Beast without Faerie Walnuts is a very awful experience.