PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Dark Souls 2!

Nicolas
12-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Dark Souls 2 (http://www.darksoulsii.com/) has officially been announced for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC!

The trailer, which premiered during the Video Game Awards on Spike this evening is a tad hard to find at the moment. This may actually be a direct sequel to the sensational Dark Souls (which is getting tons of love from our EoFF group).

Not my favorite site, but at least they have A trailer of it! (http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer)

It looks positively exciting! Though, the trailer style reminds me more of Demons Souls.

EDIT: I, of course, was off. But here (http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/08/dark-souls-2-announced-at-vga-2012-coming-to-xbox-360-ps3-and-pc/) is more information regarding the title. I will post an HD version of the trailer when that is released.

Goldenboko
12-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Oh. Shit.

Jowy
12-08-2012, 05:18 AM
YOU DIED

Quindiana Jones
12-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't really understand how it will work story-wise. I'm looking forward to it anyway, though! :D

Jiro
12-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Pretty much the biggest news to reach EoFF all year. Ain't that saying something? :p

Pete for President
12-08-2012, 09:44 AM
CRAZY. HYPED! But I'm a little scared too. Dark Souls is like... my precious :stare:

Pretty much the biggest news to reach EoFF all year. Ain't that saying something?
True!

Questions, speculations & first thoughts:

No references to Lordran in the trailer: GOOD. Miyazaki is NOT directing this time, but he is supervising. Which is a little worry-some but comforting at the same time. I reckon we jump to the Age of Dark after the fire has faded, and the Dark spread to a neighboring land. The knight looks like he's on a pilgrimage, travelling far from home. The masked figures wear something resembling the black leather armor Patches wears in Dark Souls. If they know what they're doing, they will not re-use a single bit of Lordran geographically. The lady and the knight; what's the feather for? Is there romance involved? The bridge obviously reminds us of Ariamis, but there's no snow on it so I think we're safe. The dragon has one eye in it's forehead. That is awesome.

I don't want to be a negativitron, but I can't help but feeling Dark Souls doesn't need a II. Don't get me wrong, I am hyped and my opinion is open for whatever II is going to give us, but right now I feel I'd rather see a new "Insert-dark-word Souls". That way they would leave the masterpiece that is Dark Souls rest forever on it's pedestal, never to be fouled with failed attempts to reach the same heights in sequels or spin-offs. But hey, bring it, Fromsoft; prove me wrong and thou shall be praised like the sun!

Madonna
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't want to be a negativitron, but I can't help but feeling Dark Souls doesn't need a II. Don't get me wrong, I am hyped and my opinion is open for whatever II is going to give us, but right now I feel I'd rather see a new "Insert-dark-word Souls". That way they would leave the masterpiece that is Dark Souls rest forever on it's pedestal, never to be fouled with failed attempts to reach the same heights in sequels or spin-offs. But hey, bring it, Fromsoft; prove me wrong and thou shall be praised like the sun!
Exactly how I feel; players who were in chat last night were trying to make me happy with the news, but Dragon's Souls or Black Souls or X Souls would have been way more ideal than tacking a two on anything. I am excited, but also a little put out.

nirojan
12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm gitty with excitement and...THERE'S NO GFWL LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoCracker
12-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey, Bethesda, THATS how you do a fucking dragon.

Nicolas
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I definitely understand the sentiment of wanting a Something Souls game, but this seems as unexpected as Dark Souls was when it was announced. It may only be Dark Souls 2 in order to let people know that it is related to Dark Souls. I only say this because I met quite a number of people that knew of Dark Souls, but were clueless as to what Demons Souls is.

What worries me is having a new director and Miyzaki only taking a supervisory roll in all of this, like Pete said. Here's to hoping it turns out well. For the most part, I like everything Pete said. I didn't even realize the black leather armor, but they tend to use a lot of the same armor between the two games. What I would love to have in the game is another slight (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/dark-souls-miyazaki-talks-artorias-of-the-abyss) trolling (http://kotaku.com/5957886/dark-souls-secret-revealed-director-was-pulling-a-prank-on-players). That would make my day.

Jowy
12-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I have the feeling it'll be a prequel if they re-use Lordran.

Also, in regards to the feather you're talking about, Pete: Solaire's got one in his helmet...The lady could be Velka for all we know.

Pete for President
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I definitely understand the sentiment of wanting a Something Souls game, but this seems as unexpected as Dark Souls was when it was announced. It may only be Dark Souls 2 in order to let people know that it is related to Dark Souls. I only say this because I met quite a number of people that knew of Dark Souls, but were clueless as to what Demons Souls is.

Yeah that makes sense. I hope that's the case. I just watched ENB's analysis video (though it's censored for whatever reason, somehow FromSoft doesn't understand the fact that ENB provides thousands of views of free marketing for them but I digress) and he pointed out some interesting, but sometimes worry-some stuff. Check it: Dark Souls 2 Trailer Analysis (EpicNameBro) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpS0HMzqnTQ&feature=plcp)

Speculations aside, I do have faith in FromSoft.

What I would love to have in the game is another slight (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/dark-souls-miyazaki-talks-artorias-of-the-abyss) trolling (http://kotaku.com/5957886/dark-souls-secret-revealed-director-was-pulling-a-prank-on-players). That would make my day.

Same. Bring on the mystery!

Flying Arrow
12-10-2012, 02:09 AM
HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Skyblade
12-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Hey, Bethesda, THATS how you do a smurfing dragon.

How can you tell? It's a pre-rendered cutscene.

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent, usually frighteningly so, and they're frelling cheap unchivilrous bastards on top of that. A dragon would not land. It has no reason to. It would nuke the poor warrior from the air, where it has superior mobility and is out of range of those punishing swords.

NeoCracker
12-10-2012, 05:41 AM

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent, usually frighteningly so, and they're frelling cheap unchivilrous bastards on top of that. A dragon would not land. It has no reason to. It would nuke the poor warrior from the air, where it has superior mobility and is out of range of those punishing swords.

Well if the last games dragons were of any hint, these guys know how to make a dragon. Plus pre-rendered or not, the design was glorious.

So there. :p

Pete for President
12-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent

As far as I can tell Skyrim's dragons aren't particularly bright either.

More thoughts on the trailer: the character looks kind of barbaric. No shield, mostly dual wielding, animal fur on his shoulders and he's using something resembling a smaller version of the Bastard Sword/Claymore. I wonder what he's turning around for in the forest. He's looking like he's preparing himself for a duel. It's far fetched, but this could mean we get more humanoid enemies to fight like the masked figures, rather than a ton of monsters. Once again, speculation though!

His helmet looks Paladin-ish, with a bit a bit of a Roman touch. If this is a class like the knight resembled a class in Dark Souls, my bets are on a faith warrior. The swords the masked figures are using also seem to be Roman or Greek. We may have a shift from the Medieval vibe here. The quote "forever without light" might be a reference to the Age of Dark, which is bound to come around sooner or later as Dark Souls tells us.

For some reason I also think Bonfires will disappear from the game. It's based on nothing in particular, but if the game takes place in the Age of Dark it makes sense that all bonfires have faded. The torch is on fire though, so out goes the theory.

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree that the trailer seems to hint at a more humanoid antagonist this time around. More humaoid than the already humanoid "antagonists" of Dark Souls, I mean. At the very least there will be some sort of organisation consisting of those guys, that much is clear. Perhaps some sort of Darkwraith equivalent?

Pete for President
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I agree that the trailer seems to hint at a more humanoid antagonist this time around. More humaoid than the already humanoid "antagonists" of Dark Souls, I mean. At the very least there will be some sort of organisation consisting of those guys, that much is clear. Perhaps some sort of Darkwraith equivalent?

Got me thinking, what are the masked figures protecting? They throw themselves at the character in great numbers. Must be something super mega secret and stuff!

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Pffrt. Hollows did that all the time. ;)

Pete for President
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Pffrt. Hollows did that all the time. ;)

True :p But to me the masked dudes look a lot smarter than the average Hollow, so I suspect greater schemes!

Jowy
01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Dark Souls 2 thread shouldn't be on page two.

Should they re-use the covenant system from the first, what would you like to see improved on what existed in the first? Way of White and Princess Guard can go. Personally, a sort of blacksmithing related covenant where you are rewarded with chunks/slabs along with extra souls for either killing invaders or assisting in jolly co-operation would lure me in. Especially if there was some sort of covenant only ember rewarded allowing special weapon upgrades! Nothing hilariously overpowered of course...maybe poison or ice weapons.

Pete for President
01-09-2013, 09:16 AM
A blacksmith covenant sounds interesting. I always wished there were more ways to get chunks and slabs other than (rare) treasure and farming. I like the idea of a covenant only Ember.

But to be honest, I hope they give the weapon upgrade system a twist altogether and add some more depth other than 'collect shards/chunks/slabs and go from +1 to +5'. Even though Dark Souls' system is already way more functional than Demon's Souls was, I still feel not all weapon types are relevant (Occult and Raw for example).

Jowy
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Further adding to the improvement to weapon upgrades, it would be awesome if there were some aesthetic changes to ascending weapons down a certain path. I was personally disappointed when I finally made a lightning weapon and it didn't have a glow like my +10 with Gold Pine applied.

Pete for President
01-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Further adding to the improvement to weapon upgrades, it would be awesome if there were some aesthetic changes to ascending weapons down a certain path. I was personally disappointed when I finally made a lightning weapon and it didn't have a glow like my +10 with Gold Pine applied.

I felt the same disappointment :[

I hope the Gravelord covenant returns one way or another, but with improved mechanics and more relevant rewards. Gravelord Greatsword Dance is one of my favorite miracles but it's overshadowed by Fire Tempest. I would like this covenant to have more useful rewards for more types of builds.

Pete for President
04-05-2013, 08:31 AM
As if cursed with the Darksign, this thread returns for more speculation and news-related things!

I came across this Facebook poll where Namco lets users decide the tagline for Dark Souls II. 'Prepare to Die' is obviously hard to beat and the options given are definitely not all as strong, but I'm glad they just didn't add the word 'again' to the already existing tagline.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/442013685871681/

I chose 'Sacrifice Everything' because it feels more like despair whereas 'Trancsend Death' feels more like a victory. And that's not what I want from II :p

Which one do you guys like?

NeoCracker
04-05-2013, 08:33 AM
I personally like 'Sacrifice Your Sanity' suggested in the comments. :p

Roogle
04-05-2013, 06:32 PM
But to be honest, I hope they give the weapon upgrade system a twist altogether and add some more depth other than 'collect shards/chunks/slabs and go from +1 to +5'. Even though Dark Souls' system is already way more functional than Demon's Souls was, I still feel not all weapon types are relevant (Occult and Raw for example).

A larger variety of weapons with greater purpose than a gimmick would be welcome. Was there ever a practical purpose for Whips discovered aside from the fact that one cannot parry its attacks? I was disappointed that Catalysts could not be used as weapons, per se, but it allowed me to branch out and use swords which I like, too. I used an enchanted long sword for the entirety of the game. I wanted to experiment with other weapon types like the whip, but its damage output and practicality were too low.

black orb
04-06-2013, 05:52 AM
>>> I hope this one is harder..:luca:

Pete for President
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM

I hope so too man. But did you know Dark Souls used to be a lot harder when it first came out? After a few patches the amount of souls given for defeating an enemy pretty much tripled. Check out this old speedrun video (this is version 1.03);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ymysN3qQ8

At the end he beats the Gargoyles. His reward: 1500 souls. Now they give 5000!

TrollHunter
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM

I hope so too man. But did you know Dark Souls used to be a lot harder when it first came out? After a few patches the amount of souls given for defeating an enemy pretty much tripled. Check out this old speedrun video (this is version 1.03);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ymysN3qQ8

At the end he beats the Gargoyles. His reward: 1500 souls. Now they give 5000!

False, the gargoyles give upwards of 10000 souls now.

Pete for President
04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Hah, an even more absurd difference. Got myself confused with the souls they give when you beat them as a summon I guess.

black orb
04-08-2013, 01:12 AM
did you know Dark Souls used to be a lot harder when it first came out? (this is version 1.03)
>>> I dont have internet so thats the only version I`ll ever play. :luca:
I noticed the monsters became harder after I beat the game..

nirojan
04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
12 MINUTE VIDEO GAMEPLAY OF DARK SOULS II!!!
Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal - 12 Minute Demo - IGN Video (http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo)

Pete for President
04-10-2013, 10:26 PM
HYPED. I like what I'm seeing and hearing, though haven't had the time to catch all the details. On the other hand I don't think I want to see any more of this so I can explore the new world without any expectations or spoilers. And die a lot.

TrollHunter
04-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal - 12 Minute Demo - IGN Video (http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo)

-squee-
I'd write my analysis of it but putting it into a ton of words would be hard right now.

Jowy
04-11-2013, 01:41 AM
at least they didn't put wheel skeletons on The Silver Chariot. wheel skeletons that will break off and kill you.

TrollHunter
04-11-2013, 01:49 AM
And then the wheel skeletons breed and make dog skeletons
And the dog skeletons are on fire and all of their teeth are additional wheel skeletons.

Pete for President
04-11-2013, 07:04 AM
That axe to the head... so glorious. :cry:

Pete for President
04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
There's another shield design contest for DkSII, just like for the first DkS. It's a Japanese contest, but I might try to enter anyway. See if it works.

DARK SOULS II ????????????? - FROM SOFTWARE (http://darksouls.jp/shield-design/)

For those who don't know; the Sanctus, Blood Shield, Effigy Shield and Black Iron Greatshield from DkS1 all came from contests. Note that all of these had something pretty unique to them. The Sanctus has HP regeneration, the Blood Shield boosts resistances, the Effigy shield is the only truly lightning resistant shield and of course the Black Iron is Tarkus' trademark. I guess I should come up with a special ability or role for my entries, no? Let's see if I can cook something up they like.

Any other participants?

Jowy
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
it is the least likely thing to have happen, but

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/images/stopsign.jpg

krissy
04-17-2013, 03:05 AM
in the name, of love

black orb
04-23-2013, 04:02 AM
>>> Im a little worried, it need more blood..:luca:

Pete for President
04-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Found more concept art;

As a painter I really find those different views in the second one really fascinating. Note how the ocean was scrapped completely in the final image.

And some more screens too, finally showing off different armor and stuff:

There's some more here: Dark Souls 2 - Page 2 (http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/f60-console-club/67861-dark-souls-2-a/index2.html)

It seems the Knight and Elite Knight set are making their return. Could be interesting timeline-wise.

Pete for President
04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Boys and girls, hollows and undead, I need your help! As posted before there is a shield design competition for Dark Souls 2. Each region has their own type of shield template. For me (being from Europe) it will be a round shield.

Every now and then I will post a few sketches of possible shield designs and I would like your feedback. So help me out will ya?

Enjoy scoping the competition while I commence the sketching:
https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&state=d6625bd6ff8e38e5fd9d4aad3b340f9a&code=AQCcqVHnizsq73xQ6QKK8Doqj9xQkMj4CsUqpO9k0XB_OLPtqTo3daB_qkFPeihVcXSkf-TttkPuoxiUbZHVCehGUQi4nWNpNqng2U15nWv9thoZn4DccWi07u7WCrTJ7x5z-4K55_vAjjYlFUMrV9VQAmTaaQKakFLr_Ql12Uo2icyTeCO6nwx-OdP4sijfrpHk5Y7Iw3boxGAdpLLvSrcb#_=_

black orb
04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
>>> HellYeah, show them!!!..:luca:

King Kazuma
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
i wonder if they will be bringing back other armours from Dark Souls 1 apart from the knight and elite knight armour, would be nice to see the return of hard leather =]

i took a gander at the shield design comp and am quite impressed with the level of design skills , lookin forward to seeing the winner aha

Pete for President
04-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah there are some really cool designs already! I wonder if there are going to be different time/age influences in the armor sets this time.

Alrighty, first few sketches. Keep in mind they're just quick mockups and ideas, but feedback is welcome!

This one was the first thing that popped in my head. Going with the animal monsters theme we've seen in the gameplay footage I'd call it a "poison eye shield". The graph is actually a photoshopped lizard's eye. It's ability could be that it would poison the attacker when he/she/it clashes against the shield.

Next up, the Ribbon Shield. This one has some more thought into it. With the new engine showing off all kinds of flashy things with one of them being cloth reacting to movement and wind, submitting a design that showcases these improvements seems like a good idea. Hence the ribbons :roll2

Another thought was that a lot of the submissions are evil-looking, and a more bright knightly or even feminine look might make it stand out. There will be a graphic on top of the stripes and beneath the ribbon, but I haven't gotten to that part yet. The rim is made of iron as it is, but I think wood will be a better fit.

Going with the cloth reacting thing again, this is a setup for a torn leather shield. Designing a shield that's actually not a powerhouse might score bonus points for originality. Here too, a graphic engraved in the leather is still missing, but I like the idea of torn leather dangling off the wooden planks and it might be a good setup. Especially if the graphic is torn too.

Any thoughts?

black orb
05-01-2013, 07:20 AM
>>> ...... Looks fun, maybe I`ll enter to this contest too..:luca:

JenkinsHTTK
05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
I can't wait to revisit the wretched hive that is the Dark Souls PvP community :mad:

Pete for President
05-01-2013, 08:11 AM
>>> ...... Looks fun, maybe I`ll enter to this contest too..:luca:

Do it! Your style would surely make an original design!

Pete for President
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Progress update on the ribbon shield!

Jowy
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm personally partial to the lizard eye one; i'd say it gives From a little incentive to whip up a creature with eyes that large to drop such a fine shield!

Pete for President
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
That's an interesting thought and certainly viable from a From perspective (see what I did there? :p), but unfortunately after thoroughly scoping the competition I came to conclude that an eye isn't exactly original.

Once again, progress on the ribbon shield! Hoping to upload today;

Pete for President
05-02-2013, 11:44 AM
BOOM. Just submitted my first design. Got rid of the ribbons and I kinda changed the colors based on my tactic to gather votes. AM I A SELL OUT NOW IDK here's the final;

"Homeland"

I'll be calling in for votes soon, beware! Till then, what do you guys think of it? Would you see it shine in DkS2?

Edit: it's a bit lo-res so no lurkers can steal it while I wait for my submission to be approved. Hi-res later!

Pete for President
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
It's live! Please vote to help this fellow EoFF-er out!

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3087

I only need 295 more votes. WE CAN DO IT

Pete for President
05-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Pete officially taking over this thread. Muhaha!

Been thinking about the weapon slots and swapping as we've seen in the gameplay demo. The guy uses a short sword, then swaps out an axe, and lastly a greatsword. This could of course just be a debug mode where a higher number of weapons can be assorted to both hands.

But here's a theory; what if there are 3 slots now, each specified for a certain size weapon, rather than 2 slots that may contain anything?

For example, in your right hand you would be able to equip:
A dagger (small weapon)
An standard axe (mid weapon)
A halberd (large weapon)

But not:
A spear (large weapon)
A halberd (large weapon)
A greatsword (large weapon)

I think that would be pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

TrollHunter
05-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Pete officially taking over this thread. Muhaha!

Been thinking about the weapon slots and swapping as we've seen in the gameplay demo. The guy uses a short sword, then swaps out an axe, and lastly a greatsword. This could of course just be a debug mode where a higher number of weapons can be assorted to both hands.

But here's a theory; what if there are 3 slots now, each specified for a certain size weapon, rather than 2 slots that may contain anything?

For example, in your right hand you would be able to equip:
A dagger (small weapon)
An standard axe (mid weapon)
A halberd (large weapon)

But not:
A spear (large weapon)
A halberd (large weapon)
A greatsword (large weapon)

I think that would be pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

I think it would be more of an artificial way to force weapon variety. I think it'd be too limiting, and while the idea sounds good on paper I don't think it would hold up in practice.

Pete for President
05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah we'd have to see if it would work, but I like speculating. About it being too limiting, it has it's pro's and cons. In a way it would allow more variety. I mean, you get an extra slot. But it also keeps things real to keep weapons in handy places and not be encumbered. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls both did a good job in making your character feel like a legit warrior; not a superhuman. So to me it sounds pretty plausible one would no longer be able to carry around two Ultra Greatswords. The weight is one thing, but where would one keep the second? Or the hilt if we assume all weapons equipped are on display all the time rather than popping out of a magic bag when swapped? I realize it's just a game it's not meant to be real, but I wouldn't be surprised if FromSoft took some steps experimenting with this considering encumbrance has played a big part in the previous 2 games in adding some level of realism.

Expanding on the theory; weapon size/class could count towards maneuverability as well. Like, one would not be able to fastroll with an Ultra Greatsword equipped even if you're under 25% burden (let alone ninja flip). Rolling fast with a weapon larger than yourself didn't exactly feel credible to me.

TrollHunter
05-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I guess it could work in the heavy weapon department, but you'd be surprised how many light weapons you can comfortably carry ^^

But on your second idea, i really like that. Ive heard other talk of that idea and i quite like it.

Oh, and i only want one thing to happen in DKS2
If they have another sniper crossbow... Allow it to zoom in or at least have a longer lock-on range. It saddens me how useless that xbow it.

Pete for President
05-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I guess it could work in the heavy weapon department, but you'd be surprised how many light weapons you can comfortably carry ^^

But on your second idea, i really like that. Ive heard other talk of that idea and i quite like it.

Oh, and i only want one thing to happen in DKS2
If they have another sniper crossbow... Allow it to zoom in or at least have a longer lock-on range. It saddens me how useless that xbow it.

That is truth about the sniper crossbow. I was really disappointed to find out it had no special abilities.

Shield update; I took a long shot and sent my shield design to the leading Dutch game journalist tv-show & website. They have an item where they answer peoples letters and questions, and my shield got featured! In just a few hours the design flew through the ranks; now it's only 2 positions away from getting sent to FromSoft! So seriously, if you haven't voted yet, please do so, I only need 40 more votes to get in there :whoa:

The item is in Dutch, but you can view it here (minute 7:40 and onwards): http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/vragen-over-dark-souls-2-en-gta-v/

TrollHunter
05-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Holy crap thats amazing :o
Congratulations on that, it feels surreal seeing it in that video.

Once i get home ill have to get off my lazy butt and vote.

Pete for President
05-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Thank you my friend! I'm so close, every vote counts!

Pete for President
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
HOOHAHOOHAHOO

Thanks to all you voters and that webcast feature this shield design is now in position to get sent to FromSoft! :D

It counts 327 votes, takes position 21 in the round shield category and 46 globally. So hyped!

There is a pretty nifty 100 vote safety margin between my shield and that positioned in #30 (the minimum to qualify for the finals), but who knows what might happen in the final 11 days of voting. Safer = better, so if you guys haven't already, you can vote to help expand that safety buffer! :greenie:

Pete for President
05-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Big thanks to everyone who voted, my shield is qualified for the finals! :cool:

Nicolas
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
1. That's awesome, Pete.

2. This is concerning. =/ (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7340-Guns-Blazing)

Pete for President
05-21-2013, 05:02 PM
1. That's awesome, Pete.

2. This is concerning. =/ (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7340-Guns-Blazing)

Thanks brother!

That is one epic monologue, and the best thing is I think he's right about most things. I was typing some comments on this, but that guy just hits the right spot.

Nicolas
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
1. That's awesome, Pete.

Thanks brother!

That is one epic monologue, and the best thing is I think he's right about most things. I was typing some comments on this, but that guy just hits the right spot.

He really does, and it makes me worry about the game more.

Pete for President
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
The shield design contest finalists are official! I'm proud to be one of them :D

View all 90 finalists here (30 per category)

Round Shields (my category) - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485525914853791.1073741828.119869331419453&type=1&l=bdadb9d47f

Greatshields - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485526814853701.1073741829.119869331419453&type=1&l=3231494859

Kite Shields - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485523381520711.1073741827.119869331419453&type=1&l=cf80231a3e

Any favourites?

Pete for President
06-19-2013, 07:30 AM
March 2014.

Pete for President
08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately my shield didn't make it into the game. I'm very underwhelmed by the round shields FromSoft chose. The greatshields are pretty awesome on the other hand.

Dark Souls II Shield Design Contest Winners Announced! (http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t23334-dark-souls-ii-shield-design-contest-winners-announced)

Jowy
01-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Amazon.com: Dark Souls II (Collector's Edition) - PlayStation 3 Collector'S Edition Edition: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation/dp/B00F6YD2FK)

Gimme, gimme!

Ayen
01-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm sure someone somewhere will request I review the game after its released to make me suffer a second time over. Profanities shall flow from my mouth in great torrents and what remains of the Vatican will burn in a fire that will never die.

Pete for President
01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Amazon.com: Dark Souls II (Collector's Edition) - PlayStation 3 Collector'S Edition Edition: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation/dp/B00F6YD2FK)

Gimme, gimme!

Ohoooo, I do want that art book!

Jowy
01-06-2014, 08:57 PM
I dig the metal case and cloth map.

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2014, 06:17 AM
I can't access the shield winner images. :(

Could someone image dump them here for me, if possible?

Ultima Shadow
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I have now played the demo at a convention, and I'm more hyped than ever!

I also made it to and beat the boss in the demo in one run, allowing me a chance to win the collector's edition of Dark Souls 2. I think only one copy was going to be given out, but since only like 12 people had completed the demo in one run at the convention, my chances aren't terrible at least. :greenie:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Rider4b-1.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari1.png
"Only 12? I recall seeing the demo
beaten at least 50 times or so."

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari2.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Riderb-1.png
"Yes, well... it turns out that was all by
the same person, in different disguises. And
that particular person also got disqualified for
using real dark magic to hack the demo right
after beating it, increasing the difficulty further
just to prevent anyone else from completing the
one-run demo challenge."

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/rider2.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari1.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel2.png
"...there was no rule against it! They
could at least have put up a sign saying
that manipulating the demo through
alteration of reality wasn't allowed.
Besides, all I did was increase the enemy
damage output to 800%, reduce the
physical protection of the shields to 10%
and add a second Mirror Knight. No big deal."

Pete for President
01-15-2014, 03:27 AM
I'm jealous that you got to play the demo Ultima! Congrats on beating it and I hope you win the copy :greenie:

There's new trailer spooking around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dpZ1VB-hYg

TrollHunter
01-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Yeah, saw the trailer. It was pretty sweet. Here's another video

5 NEW Features in Dark Souls 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=934keHnuy3s)

Pete for President
01-16-2014, 06:36 PM
As much as I want to watch Vaati's video's I'm afraid they might spoil a bit too much for me. It's hard to resist!

TrollHunter
01-17-2014, 02:11 AM
As much as I want to watch Vaati's video's I'm afraid they might spoil a bit too much for me. It's hard to resist!

Its only gameplay mechanics. It wont spoil much. I dont find gameplay mechanics spoilerish, but if you do then I can totally get you not watching it.
Heck, I actually kind of didnt want to watch the trailer for a similar reason.

Botchmun
01-17-2014, 08:07 AM
For some reason I can't stop thinking of "Dark Seouls 2: Return to Zerg Rush City"

black orb
02-01-2014, 08:58 PM
>>> I hope I can convince one of my brothers (cheap bastards) to buy this game.
because the few bucks i have in my pocket are just for the FFX HD..:luca:

Pete for President
02-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Apparently the review versions have been sent out!

Famous Dark Souls streamers & youtubers VaatiVidya, Oroboro and EpicNameBro seem to have gotten a copy from FromSoft. I love how From accepts the community and tries to get people involved. The aforementioned streamers have been invited to events to play demo's, their streams and video's get featured on the official Dark Souls Facebook page and everything. Very 2.0, FromSoft! I dig.

Quindiana Jones
11-24-2021, 02:49 PM
omg dark souls 2 i cant wait