PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Version of Final Fantasy II

Yar
12-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Which is your favorite?

I love the aesthetics of the NES version. The clunky controls, 8-bit graphics and music. :D But sadly this version has a bit too many bugs for it to be my favorite.

I don't think I ever finished the NES version. I think my save file may have been lost somehow. :(

The Origins release is my favorite. It stays true to the original, while giving it a nice update in respect to controls and graphics/music. I recently installed this version of the game on my PSP.

I have played through the GBA version as well. It does change some of the issues that most people do not like about the original, such as HP increases at intervals and less time needed to grow your magic. But I never had a problem with either of these anyway in the older versions (you really don't need to grind, people! Just learn how to strategize better!!) So this version feels like an easy-version of the game to me. But it did have that second-quest at the end, so that is a plus!

I tried the iOS version of the game and I didn't even get to Fynn. The graphics and controls were just too unbearable for me >.< I also think this version may be have been dumbed down like the GBA version.

Hollycat
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Which is your favorite?

I love the aesthetics of the NES version. The clunky controls, 8-bit graphics and music. :D But sadly this version has a bit too many bugs for it to be my favorite.

I don't think I ever finished the NES version. I think my save file may have been lost somehow. :(

The Origins release is my favorite. It stays true to the original, while giving it a nice update in respect to controls and graphics/music. I recently installed this version of the game on my PSP.

I have played through the GBA version as well. It does change some of the issues that most people do not like about the original, such as HP increases at intervals and less time needed to grow your magic. But I never had a problem with either of these anyway in the older versions (you really don't need to grind, people! Just learn how to strategize better!!) So this version feels like an easy-version of the game to me. But it did have that second-quest at the end, so that is a plus!

I tried the iOS version of the game and I didn't even get to Fynn. The graphics and controls were just too unbearable for me >.< I also think this version may be have been dumbed down like the GBA version.
Psp version is best. Is the same as the gba version, just looks nicer.

Gamblet
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Origins all the way! And it is 2 in 1 too.

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Origins is my fave, I hate the PSP visuals, it just feels like they went out of their way to make the sprites cartoony and they lack the raw visuals of traditional 2D sprites that even the PS1 version had. I do need to play the game in its original state cause I find I appreciate the games more that way. I still prefer the NES version of FFI over Origins despite beating it with Origins first.

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-11-2012, 03:22 AM
The SNES version with Cecil and Kain.

Pike
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM

I see what you did there!

As for me, I've only played the GBA version of FF2. But I liked it a lot.

noshowmillk
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I personally liked the version for the PSP the best. It just seemed to run a lot smoother and it had better art work (but not by much).

KentaRawr!
08-15-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm going to go with the GBA version just because it's the version that I did finally beat, and I like the extra story at the end. The PSX version got a lot of time from me, though. I've tried to enjoy the NES version, but something just kept me from getting far. I'm not sure what.

Motdrafin
08-15-2013, 02:16 PM
For me, it's probably the GBA version, but that's because it's the only one I've beaten ;). I have played very little of the Famicom version, and it was still great!

Sefie1999AD
08-16-2013, 12:26 PM
The GBA version is my favorite because it actually makes the game somewhat playable. There I can at least level up spells without using each spell 16 * 100 times. I was actually able to beat the game without having to resort to cheap tricks, such as beating your own characters, or using the action-cancel trick. :D I haven't played the PSP version, but if it's practically the GBA version with better graphics and better sound, then that one is probably the best version for me.

maybee
08-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Yeah this version xD

Evastio
08-26-2013, 11:35 PM
PSP Version for me (I borrowed a friend's PSP to play it, along with FFI PSP and Dissidia). It had everything the GBA version did, plus the Arcane Labyrinth, the Artwork Gallery, and improved graphics and sound.

Spooniest
09-02-2013, 03:44 AM
Demiforce...

Senshi Xion
09-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Woohoo! First post on this site! (Ignore my prettiness in the post. I like pretty.)

Okay, so I'll honestly say my favorite version is the Dawn of Souls version with the 20th Anniversary version as a close second. Those that complain about the difficulty of Origins and the original or the anniversary look should play DoS because it keeps the Origins sprites while updating the experience system to be fairer in how it goes up. It takes less time to get to level 2 on spells and weapons, nothing goes down if you work on a spell instead of directly attack, and the magic penalties on weapons is taken out. Also, it added Soul or Rebirth and the dialogue makes more sense as far as the characters go.

The anniversary edition also has the Arcane Labyrinth and most of what I said about DoS, but I've broken the DoS version multiple times, so it's better for me. XD

Sarisa
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Dawn of souls version for the GBA because it's the only one I've played.