PDA

View Full Version : Recipe of the day thread!

Pumpkin
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
In this thread, I post a recipe everyday! I encourage others to share recipes of their own, or to comment on the ones I post and to give feedback on different ways to make them or improve them. Hopefully this will be a thread where we can have fun and find new things to cook/bake :jess:.

ENJOY :D

---------

Today's recipe of the day is BITE-SIZED BACON QUICHES!!
This recipe is an hors d'oeuvre, good for dinner parties, but you can also use the recipe to make one big quiche and have it for dinner!

Ingredients:
Crust:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter
1/4 cup shortening
5 tablespoons ice water
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Filling:
8 oz bacon
1 cup half-and-half (or you could use milk)
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups shredded cheese, mild cheddar or swiss

Make:
Crust: Combine flour and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly until moist. grease muffin pans (or pie plate, if making one quiche). On floured surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 36 circles using a cookie cutter (skip this step if making one pie). Line muffin pans, or pie plate, with dough, brushing with melted butter. Cover and refrigerate.
Filling: Cook bacon over medium heat until brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. beat eggs, half-and-half (or milk), and salt. Crumble bacon. Divide bacon and cheese evenly among pastry cups (or spread evenly over pie plate crust). Spoon 1 tablespoon of egg mixture into each (or pour egg mixture over bacon and cheese in pie plate).

Bake:
400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.

Jinx
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Sandwich
Sandwich is great for you ladies who have a man to impress! You want him to love you? Get in that kitchen and make him a sandwich, girl!

You will need:
2 slices bread
Meat of his choice
Cheese of his choice
Condiments of his choice

Instructions:
Take bread, lay pieces side by side
On one slice, place condiments
On second slice, place meat, cheese
Put condiment slice of bread on top of meat-and-cheese slice of bread

Hand to him and enjoy him enjoying!

Fujiko
12-10-2012, 01:59 AM
I think this thread is a great idea, Shion! :love:

Kalilung
12-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Today's special recipe: Butternut Squash Bread

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 c oil
1 (heavy) teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups cooked/mashed or shredded/raw butternut squash
1 cup chocolate chips/raisins/walnuts/pumpkin nuts whatever of your choice. Or none. It's optional.

Instructions:
Turn oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. or use google to convert that to something you can use. Anyway, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Set aside. In a different bowl, whisk the eggs until they are partially beaten, then whisk in all of the sugar gradually. When the mixture doesn't look super grainy anymore, drizzle the oil in slowly while whisking, like you're making an emulsion. Whisk in the vanilla extract, then fold in the squash. Dump the dry ingredients on top, and fold them in until they're juuuust barely incorporated. Immediately spoon/dish this stuff into a loaf pan or into 1 + 1/2 muffin dish. Or into a bundt cake pan. Whatever you have handy. Put in oven. Bake loaf for one hour and 15 minutes. Check on muffins at about the 30 minute mark. Check on bundt cake at about 45 minute mark.

Enjoy with butter while still hot, or let sit for an hour and enjoy plain or with cream cheese!

Pumpkin
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Today's recipe is BLT PASTA SALAD!!
I made this for a dinner party last night and it was well received. I think it's very tasty :D.

Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (basically like chicken broth)
7 ounces rotini
8 slices of bacon
1 large tomato
1/8 cup green onion
1 cup lettuce
salt & pepper

Make: Cook rotini as instructed on package. Drain. Cook the bacon, set on paper towels to drain. Wait for it to cool for a few minutes and crumble. Add and mix bacon and rotini and add lemon juice, mayo, sugar and chicken bouillon. Chop tomato and onion. Add and mix in. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator. Tear and add lettuce only shortly before serving.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-10-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll start with an easy one that everyone enjoys.

Mother Fuckers! :cool:

You will need

a pack of skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders (a pack of 4 tenders)
cabbage (or sprouts)
a medium white onion
1-3 carrots
2-4 cloves of garlic
black pepper
wonton skins
skillet/pan
a frying skimmer
a deep fryer
a gallon of canola oil
a soup bowl sized Tupperware container with lid.

Start by adding the oil to the fryer and setting it to around 375-400 degrees.

While that preheats, begin by dicing your chicken breasts into dime sized bits, or even smaller if you have the patience. Then quickly cook them on the stove. It shouldn't take long since the bits are so small. Monitor your heat.

Put your chicken in the Tupperware bowl. Crush up your cloves of garlic. Soon the neighbors will think you're Korean/Italian. Add the amount of black pepper and crushed garlic that meets your personal preference. I usually use around 2-3 cloves of garlic, and a tbl spoon of pepper for it all. Place the lid over the bowl and shake it until the chicken is coated.

Take the white onion and dice up enough of it to fill 1 a cup. Wipe away your tears. Maybe add the tears to the chicken if you're into that sort of thing.

Clean and peel the carrots, then julienne them. Some people use a grater for this, just watch out for grated knuckle in the carrots. Enough to fill a cup and a half should be good.

Clean and shred (or dice) the cabbage. You will need around 2 cups. If you chose sprouts, just clean them.

Now its time for egg roll folding! Witness your poor motor skills and learn new swear words! (Actually, it's pretty easy. Some people just hate it.) Take the first wonton skin and place it in front of you so it's oriented like a diamond instead of a square. Place a mixture of all your ingredients in the bottom center of the diamond. Grab the bottom corner and roll it over the ingredients. Now fold/tuck each side, then continue rolling the skin. This pins the corners inside the roll. I take a dab of water or oil and smear it on the top inside corner of egg roll. This helps it stick together, and keep the skin in place.

Things in the fryer should be ready to roll by now. You can add a little piece of left over chicken or vegetable first to make sure things are hot enough. The size of your fryer decides how many you can fry at once. They should be able to float freely. Place them in gently and lay them away from you to avoid second degree face burns. Or not. Maybe you're making these for a Halloween party and horrible burns make a good costume. That's really up to you.

It should take around 3-5 minutes, or until the skin on the egg rolls (and possibly your face) is golden brown and a little bubbled. You might have to take a fork or a pair of tongs to rotate them so they cook evenly. Just keep an eye on things.

When they're ready, scoop them out with the skimmer, and let them drip the oil off for a moment.

I like to serve them with a 50/50 mixture of plum sauce and mango chutney, with a few ounces of lime juice for my own idea of sweet and sour sauce. They'll work with what ever you prefer. Spicy mustard is also a nice choice.

Enjoy! I hope you like them, and I hope those burns and grated knuckles were worth it!

Cuchulainn
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Irish Spiced Soup

Ingredients

1 x bottle of irish whiskey (Jameson's or Bushmills are a preferance)
1 x whiskey tumbler (if you dont have one, use your shoe)
1 x bottle of tonic (optional: only needed if you're a little girl or just a man with no smurfing balls)

Start by opening the bottle, throw away the lid you will have no further need of it. pour whiskey into tumbler or shoe, and drink. I cannot stress this enough, it is of utmost importance that you continue to sup of the bottle until you can no longer see your feet. It may be a good idea to buy 2 bottles in case you finish the first one and are still able to see further than your nose.

If you're having friends over, tell them to smurf off as that means more soup for you. You will have no need of friends as during your courses of irish spiced soup your brain will invent them for you and you'll be able to have in depth conversations with the imaginings of your whiskey addled mind.

The great thing about this soup is that's it's totally safe and fine to have everyday!. I hope you enjoy this just as much as i do. Slan!

Shorty
12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Had this for the first time on Friday and it's the greatest smurfing new thing I've tasted in months.

Curried Carrot Soup

http://search.chow.com/thumbnail/480/0/www.chow.com/assets/2006/11/carrot_290x210.jpg

Prep time: 30 mins, serves 6

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 medium garlic clove, smashed
1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and smashed
1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1 medium bay leaf
2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup canned coconut milk

INSTRUCTIONS:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the curry powder and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add the ginger, onion, carrots, bay leaf, and broth, increase the heat to medium high, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the carrots are soft when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
Working in batches, process the soup in a blender until smooth. (Be very careful when blending the hot soup, as steam could blow off the blender lid.)

Pour the soup into a clean pot and return it to the stove over medium heat. Stir in the coconut milk and adjust the seasoning as needed. To make appetizer portions, serve small amounts of soup in shot glasses or demitasses. Garnish with a few flakes of toasted coconut, if using.

Jinx
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Had this for the first time on Friday and it's the greatest smurfing new thing I've tasted in months.

Curried Carrot Soup

http://search.chow.com/thumbnail/480/0/www.chow.com/assets/2006/11/carrot_290x210.jpg

Prep time: 30 mins, serves 6

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 medium garlic clove, smashed
1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and smashed
1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1 medium bay leaf
2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup canned coconut milk

INSTRUCTIONS:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the curry powder and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add the ginger, onion, carrots, bay leaf, and broth, increase the heat to medium high, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the carrots are soft when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
Working in batches, process the soup in a blender until smooth. (Be very careful when blending the hot soup, as steam could blow off the blender lid.)

Pour the soup into a clean pot and return it to the stove over medium heat. Stir in the coconut milk and adjust the seasoning as needed. To make appetizer portions, serve small amounts of soup in shot glasses or demitasses. Garnish with a few flakes of toasted coconut, if using.

I thought you didn't like carrots. D: BETRAYAL

Shorty
12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
There are no SOLID UNCOOKED CARROTS in this curry and thus it is delicious! Plus the coconut milk makes it sweet and homg wish I had some right now.

Futan
12-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Aulayna(spelling?) mentioned mushrooms in that gross food(mushroomsdefinitelyaren'tbtw) thread and that reminded me of these beauties:

And I randomly looked up the recipe I'll never bother cooking. So here it is~ :p

Ingredients:

8 -12 fresh mushrooms
1 (6 ounce) can clams (drained and finely minced, save 1/4 cup of clam juice for stuffing)
1 green onion, finely minced
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon finely grated romano cheese
2 tablespoons finely grated mozzarella cheese (for stuffing)
1/4 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese (for garnish)
1/4 cup melted butter
fresh parsley (for garnish)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Lightly oil a small baking dish.
Gently wash and stem mushrooms; pat dry (Save stems for another recipe).
Combine clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano in a bowl and mix well.
Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice, mixing well.
Add Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella cheeses to the clam stuffing and mix well.
Place approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of the clam stuffing mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound (You should be able to stuff between 8- 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms).
Place the stuffed mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish and pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top of the mushrooms.
Cover and place in oven for about 35- 40 minutes.
Remove cover; sprinkle the 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly.
Garnish with freshly diced parsley.
Serve hot.

Stolen from this: Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms Copycat) Recipe - Food.com - 84696 (http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-stuffed-mushrooms-copycat-84696)

Pumpkin
12-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Todays recipe of the day is CHICKEN DIVAN!!

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 package broccoli
2 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of flour
1/2 cup chicken gravy
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cream
1 cup grated cheese
salt & pepper

Make: Salt and pepper chicken to taste. Cook in pan over medium-high heat until heated through. Cook broccoli al dente in boiling water. Drain and place in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Cover with the chicken. Make sauce with butter, flour, broth, gravy, water, and cream. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake:
400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Pumpkin
12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Today's recipe of the day is CORN FRITTERS!!
This is a sweet, quick, and easy to make side dish that goes well with almost everything. I especially like it with chicken.

Ingredients:
1 cup corn kernels
1 egg, seperated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablesppon cream (or milk)
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Make: Beat seperately the egg yolk and the egg white. Mix the remaining ingredients with the corn. Fold in the egg whites and the egg yolks. Drop by spoonful on to a well greased frying pan. Heat over meduim heat and brown on both sides, 2-3 mintes per side.

Shorty
12-12-2012, 07:28 PM
ffffffsmurf this thread is making me hungry

White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge - seasonal appropriate!

Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min. + chilling
Yield: 81 Servings

Ingredients:
1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

Directions
Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.

In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.

Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.

Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.

want now ;-;

Night Fury
12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
My Easy Peasy Chicken Noodle Soup!
(As featured in my student newspaper :smug:)

This recipe should make enough soup for 2 or 3 servings, depending on how generously you serve. It can be refrigerated and eaten up to two days after cooking as long as it is thoroughly heated again.

Ingredients

1 Ready Cooked Chicken Breast
1 Red Onion
1 Carrot
1 Portion of Egg Noodles
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Clove of Garlic or ˝ tsp Garlic Flakes
2 tsp Chilli Flakes
1 tsp Ginger

Preparation

Chop the onion into large slices or rings.
Peel and chop the carrot into small diced squares – this will make sure the carrot cooks quickly in the soup.
Finely chop up the clove of garlic.
Chop the chicken breast into generous chunks.
Make up 1 pint of chicken stock.

Cooking
Melt a generous knob of butter in a saucepan, (oil can be used too but butter gives it a creamier taste) add the chopped onion and leave it to simmer in the butter for a couple of minutes, until the onion has softened.
Add the diced carrot and garlic to the pan then add just enough stock to cover the vegetables.

Add the chicken once the vegetables have simmered for a couple of minutes in the stock. Now the chicken is added, pour in more stock to just cover it over. There should still be stock leftover, if not simply make another pint as during cooking the water will boil away.

Leave to simmer for 7 to 8 minutes before you add the noodles. (You will need to add more stock at this point.) When adding the noodles, just let them sit on top of the soup to soften before you stir them in.
When all the ingredients are added, it is time to season the soup. First add the chilli flakes and stir them in. Remember to taste the soup as you go, you don’t want it too spicy or not spicy enough! Let it simmer for a couple of minutes before you add in the ginger.

Finally, leave it to simmer until the carrot is cooked and the noodles are spread through the whole dish, then it is ready to serve!

NorthernChaosGod
12-13-2012, 02:11 AM
http://i45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/28iqpsp.jpg

Don't click if adult language hurts your baby eyes. Or you're at work or something.

Freya
12-13-2012, 02:22 AM
I can't look at this thread argh, hungry.

Pumpkin
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Today's recipe of the day is CHOCOLATE CAKE!!
This is probably the best chocolate cake recipe I have used. It is rich and chocolatey and delicious. Also don't forget to get some icing! I used cream cheese icing but it would go well with many many flavors.

Ingredients:
2 cups sifted pastry flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 + 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, unbeaten

Make: Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix 3/4 cup milk and vanilla. Add shortening. Add to flour mixture and beat. Add the 1/2 cup milk and the eggs. Beat. Turn the batter into greased baking pan(s).

Bake:
350 degrees F for 35 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.

Lonely Paper Star
12-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I have not tried this video recipe yet, but I really want to.

Puerco Pibil/Cochinita Pibil by Robert Rodriguez (yeah, the movie director)
Warning: some swearing, but not too much. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wZRMgQnOE)

Pike
12-18-2012, 08:18 PM
http://i45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/28iqpsp.jpg

Don't click if adult language hurts your baby eyes. Or you're at work or something.

Ahahahaha xD

Today's recipe from me is MICROWAVE PIZZA:

Ingredients:
Microwave pizza

Instructions:
Unwrap the pizza.
Put it on a plate.
Microwave for 2:25.
Cut it into four pieces
Enjoy! :)

Pumpkin
12-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Today's recipe of the day is CHOCOLATE PANCAKES!!
Not chocolate chip pancakes. Chocolate pancakes. Of chocolate.

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon soft butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tbsp butter

Make: Beat egg yolks until light. Combine and stir soft butter, sugar, salt, cocoa and the 2 tablespoons of milk. To the mixture add flour and baking powder. Add cup of milk. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Melt butter in skillet. Saute the pancakes in butter on both sides over medium heat.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-19-2012, 06:14 PM
My favorite part of that one is making sure to beat things until they are stiff, but not beat them too much.

Jinx
12-19-2012, 06:16 PM
My favorite part of that one is making sure to beat things until they are stiff, but not beat them too much.

Yeah, that might leave you with a mess on your hands.

Pumpkin
12-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Sometimes you make it hard to remember why I make these things for you.

Pumpkin
12-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Today's recipe of the day is TOMATO AND SALSA FRITTATA!!
Good spicy change of pace for breakfast.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
8 ounces chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
6 ounces salsa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup cheese, grated

Make: Beat eggs, 4 ounces of salsa, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Melt oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook about 5 minutes. Add remaining salsa, tomatoes and cheese on top. Place foil around the handle of the pan and place in the oven.

Bake:
425 degrees for 4 to 6 minutes.

Jowy
12-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Making <a href=http://gentlemint.com/tack/113925/>this</a> tonight. "Double crunch" anything sounds downright orgasmic.

fire_of_avalon
12-27-2012, 02:36 AM
I am going to add to the recipe of the day thread each day with a different drink recipe that will destroy your livers because I love you.

Today's recipe is a Bajito the lesser known cousin of the Mojito. Bajito means squat, which is probably why you serve this drink in an old fashioned glass as opposed to a Collins.

* 4 basil leaves
* 4 mint leaves
* 5 thin slices of lime
* 1 tbsp superfine sugar
* All the dark rum you'd care for.

Don't get your spiced rum in this drink, because it will overpower the flavors. Don't do it. Instead, spend a little money and opt for something like Gosling's Black Seal rum in 80 proof. You will not be disappointed.

Muddle your leaves, lime and sugar in the bottom of a shaker until it forms a paste. Top with ice, as much as you'd like, but you really just want enough to chill the ingredients. Rum goes on top and you shake that sucker for all you're worth. Pour over a few ice cubes in an old fashioned glass and sing my praises.

Pumpkin
12-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Today's recipe of the day is CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP!!
A good change of pace for soup. feel free to add more/less seasoning depending on your tastes.

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium jalapeno, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, copped
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups corn
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
14 ounces chicken broth
2 cans dried tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
1 cup tortilla chips, crumbled

Make: Saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno and green pepper in olive oil until soft. Add to pot with remaining ingredients and boil for about 15 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 15 minutes. Top with crushed tortilla chips.

Pumpkin
12-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Today's recipe of the day is PORK MILANESE!!
This is a pretty easy to make recipe.

Ingredients:
8 boneless pork chops
salt & pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons parmesan
2 tablespoons parsley
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil

Make: Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Transfer breadcrumbs to bowl and toss with cheese, parsley, and rosemary. Whisk eggs. Put flour in another bowl. Dip pork chops in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture. Heat olive oil. Cook pork chops over medium heat.

Araciel
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Add bacon and cheese to anything

enjoy.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Japanese Omeletwith rice, or "Tamagoyaki with Omurice" (I think)

Ingredients:

2 Large eggs
1/2 cup short grain white rice
ketchup and/or tomato paste 1/2 cup
cooking oil
two pans
one pot
one bowl

Optional:
rice steamer
diced onion 1/4 cup
diced ham 1/4 cup

Start the rice cooking in the steamer or in one of the pots with some water. Set a pan on low-medium heat. A non-stick pan of some sort is a wonderful thing.
In a bowl, add your two eggs, and stir them together thoroughly. Now is a good time to add any seasonings like cayenne, garlic, etc, if you like that.

Poor the contents of the bowl into the pan that's on low-medium heat. Keep an eye one it.

In the other pan you can begin cooking your diced ham and/or onion if you decided to go for that.

Now it's probably time to flip the egg over. Make sure it looks cooked, and then flip it. A nice flat spatula in a big pan gives the best results.

Place the egg on a plate. Take the ketchup (and maybe ham and onion), and stir it into the now cooked rice. Add the rice on top of the egg, and fold the egg in half over it. Gently. Garnish with ketchup if you love ketchup. (Shlup)

Enjoy!

http://amybsherman.com/images/omeletrice.JPG

Pumpkin
12-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Today's recipe of the day is PENNE BEEF BAKE!!

Ingredients:
12 ounces penne pasta
1 pound ground beef
1 zucchini, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 jar marinara sauce (or you could always make your own)
1 1/2 cups alfredo sauce
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder

Make: Cook penne pasta in boiling water. Cook ground beef, zucchini, and pepper over medium heat, drain. Stir in marinara sauce and alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup of mozzarella and garlic powder. Drain penne, stir into mixture. Transfer to baking dish.

Bake:
Cover and bake 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and cheddar. Bake uncovered for 3-5 minutes longer.

Laddy
12-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Wrapped Fromage Américain

http://www.gourmet.com/images/food/2009/09/fo-ode-to-american-cheese-608.jpg

Pumpkin
12-31-2012, 04:35 AM
Today's recipe of the day IS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!!
May contain peanuts.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup soft peanut butter
1 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Make: Cream until light the eggs, peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the two mixtures. Drop by spoonful on baking sheet. Flatten with fork dipped in cold water.

Bake:
375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Make sure oven is preheated.

Pumpkin
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Today's recipe of the day is BANANA MUFFINS!!
These I will be making tomorrow.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Make: Cream the butter, add the brown sugar and beat until creamy. Add egg and bananas, mixing well. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the banana mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir just enough to blend. Spoon into greased muffin pans.

Bake:
400 degrees F for 20 minutes in preheated oven.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
I made completely ordinary meatloaf over the weekend.

ACTIVATE!!!!!!

You'll need

Loaf pan (they have disposable ones at grocery stores)
1 lb ground sirloin (the best MC, For the Shorties)
3 tblspn Worchestire sauce
2-3 tblspn Balsalmic Vinegar
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper (I like red for color)
1 slice of white sandwhich bread (or a roll)
2 eggs
Italian blend seasoning (however much you like)
Bottle of ketchup
vegetable oil
Salt and pepper

Go ahead and preheat that oven to 350 degress F.

Tear your slice of bread in to pieces about the size of your thumbnail. Combine your sirloin, seasonings, eggs, bread, vinegar and Worchestire in the bowl, then mix it all very thoroughly. Some people like to add all ingredients at once, but I like to give the meat a chance to absorb all the seasoning and tenderizing agents before I add the vegetables.

Once it's blending together, and marinating, you can go ahead and dice your vegetables. Then take a napkin and your vegetable oil, and apply a very light coat of the oil on your baking pan.

Now you should be ready to add your diced vegetables. Work them into the mixture with your hands the same way. Place the mixture in the pan, making sure to keep it even and uniform in depth. This way it will bake more evenly. You'll need to bake the loaf for aprox. 50 minutes to an hour depending on your oven. You can occasionally check the loaf by poking into with a knife. It will let you see how thoroughly cooked it is. Around 10-15 minutes before you're ready to pull the loaf out, add a layer of ketchup to the top of the loaf. This helps seal in juices, so the loaf doesn't dry, and gives the ketchup a nice tangy flavor.

Once things appear cooked, serve and enjoy!