PDA

View Full Version : Quirky Nighttime Activities

Formalhaut
12-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't know why, but I really like to bake during the night time. Perhaps it's because it's quieter and I can concentrate more on the task, but definitely it's at odds with your classic T.V chef, cooking in front of a Saturday audience the average age of about 55.

So, main point: What activities do you do that seem at odds with what most people do them? Doesn't have to be just daytime either.

Jowy
12-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Grocery shopping after midnight! Freshly stocked produce everywhere and there isn't much traffic in the store.

Balzac
12-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Usually my day job.

Jinx
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Write stuff.

Pike
12-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Well my job starts at 4am so I wake up at 3am every day. Even on my days off I usually don't sleep past 3:30am just to keep my schedule consistent.

SO a lot of times I'll pull up a videogame and play it at like 4am. Best time to do WoW dailies in heavily camped zones, lemme tell ya.

Citizen Bleys
12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Everything. I work nights.

My neighbors once called the cops on me because they saw a "suspicious person" in my yard at 4AM--me, getting home from work.

I considered making a habit of watering my garden exclusively at that hour, out of jerry cans.

Chris
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Grocery shopping after midnight! Freshly stocked produce everywhere and there isn't much traffic in the store.
I actually do this, too. It's not as weird as it may sound! :p

41-Inches-Wide
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Managing personal finances. :love:

Shorty
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I actually do this, too. It's not as weird as it may sound! :p

I also like midnight grocery shopping. The best is when you have to weave your way around the stock boxes.

I like taking long drives at night, but that's not necessarily quirky.

edit: I stay up late with Rob and sing Rocky Horror songs on facebook with him. Our serenades most often happen after midnight.

Shoeberto
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Me and the lady try to never go to the store before 8PM for this reason. It's always filled with yuppies, college kids and old people any other time.

Laddy
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I watch either foreign editions of Survivor or Deep Space Nine at night and only at night.

Denmark
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM
edit: I stay up late with Rob and sing Rocky Horror songs on facebook with him. Our serenades most often happen after midnight.

midnight PST at that (because it's a late-night double feature picture show)

i stay up late playing video games and posting on internet message boards (really guys, this isn't the norm for most people it just seems that way)

Bunny
12-10-2012, 08:35 PM

This is glorious.

Aulayna
12-10-2012, 10:00 PM
For some reason I have a habbit of making late night viewings of Air Crash Investigations.

No idea why, it just feels more dramatic at night I guess.

Formalhaut
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
For some reason I have a habbit of making late night viewings of Air Crash Investigations.

No idea why, it just feels more dramatic at night I guess.

Oh YESSS!! I love you. I love doing that as well. Either that or FBI Files or Forensic Detectives on the Investigation Discovery or Crime channels.

Heaven.

~*~Celes~*~
12-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Cleaning the house and baking cookies are probably the oddest things I've done. You can bet your blessed little heart that during periods of insomnia my house is spotless.

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Big time.

Formalhaut
12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Cleaning the house and baking cookies are probably the oddest things I've done. You can bet your blessed little heart that during periods of insomnia my house is spotless.

Baking cookies? Yes. Definitely yes. I do this as well!

Raistlin
12-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Count me in the late night grocery shopping club.