PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hymn of the Fayth

Jinx
12-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Pretty self-explanatory. Which version of the Hymn of the Fayth do you like best?

Personally, I like Valefor's best. I like how the song sounds from a female's voice. Shiva has more of an alto voice, but Valefor's voice is very clear and precise.

nik0tine
12-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I listened to them all earlier this morning and I probably have to pick Bahamut for it's uniqueness. I have to give points to Yunalesca, though, for the surprising harmonies.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-15-2012, 12:56 PM
For those who want to hear them all:

Final Fantasy X - Hymn of the Fayth - All Versions - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVST7P37IM)

You know, it's funny. Before this thread I never took the time to think that there were several versions of the hymn. But looking back now I think "oh yeah...it sounded different in every temple, didn't it?"

I think I liked the hymn most when the Ronso Tribe sang it to Yuna. Very sentimental scene. Also when all of Spira sings it to subdue Sin.

blackmage_nuke
12-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Probably Ifrit or Yojimbo, followed by the version when Yuna performs the sending at Kilika. I remember after I first played the game I got all the versions sung by fayth and played them all simultaneously. If my memory serves me well I think all of them matched except Anima.

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Valefor - I love the female voice in this, it really carries across Valefor's personality. If it has one...

Ifrit - The manly male voice essentially just symbolises Ifrit doesn't it?

Ixion - Not my favourite really. Just sounds more boring than saddening.

Shiva - Hard to discern from Valefor's quite honestly. About as good as Valefor then.

Bahamut - Clearly a child singing. It's quite haunting really... like he's singing from the dead...

Yojimbo - Similar to Ifrit so again, hard to discern. I suppose I prefered Ifrit's version.

Ronso Tribe - I like this one. The fact that there's more than one singer gives it more power and community.

Yunalesca - More depressing I find. I like this one too.

Spira - I love Spira's version. Everyone's singing in this one. Certainly the most uplifting version.

Anima - This one sounds unique in a strange way, much like the summon then. I like it.

Wait? Where's the Magus Sisters?

NinjaCoachZ
12-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Does the humming version Tidus does at one point count?

Futan
12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Wait? Where's the Magus Sisters?

The first 44 seconds is the Magus Sisters. :x

I guess Spira is my favorite.

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I like Anima's and Shiva's.

Hollycat
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I misread the title of this thread with an extra e ..
I like Shiva's best!

NinjaCoachZ
12-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Does the humming version Tidus does at one point count?

In all seriousness, the Yunalesca version is my favourite. I love how ominous it sounds.

Pheesh
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Anima's or Ronso Tribe's

Rocket Edge
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
I always adored Yunalesca's version. It suits the area perfectly too.

leader of mortals
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
First, I'm going to give my impression on each of the Aeon's hymns, because I'm that kind of person.

Valefor: Valefor is Yuna's first aeon, and is comforting and beautiful and graceful, and this is perfectly communicated in the hymn's tone.

Ifrit: The hymn communicates power, to me. Pure, extreme power, and, as such, is sung in a deep, strong voice. Very fitting.

Ixion: I always got an old and wise vibe from Ixion, and this, to me, is communicated well in the hymn.

Shiva: Shiva is pure beauty and grace, and the hymn is incredibly fitting for these themes.

Bahamut: I think that the voice of a child in this version might communicate potential, or innocence. Fitting to Yuna, for sure, and I find it fairly fitting to Bahamut as well, for some reason.

Yojimbo: I found this to be a mix of Ifrit and Ixion, strong, wise, and powerful. Fitting to a samurai, for sure.

Anima: This hymn communicates the pain and sorrow that Seymour and his mother went through, and even the pain of Seymour's mother to watch her son become so evil.

Final Aeon(Yunalesca): I found this one to be the most fitting of all the hymns, for sure. This hymn communicates the pain, anguish, and confusion of sacrifice perfectly.

Now, my favorite is probably either Bahamut's or Yunalesca's. Yunalesca because of the emotions behind the hymn, and Bahamut because of the overall sound of the hymn.