PDA

View Full Version : What is the most horrible present you've received for Christmas?

Mercen-X
12-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Granted, what I'm about to mention weren't INTENDED as gifts, but a good gift would have been their DELAY at best.

Two years ago, my girlfriend broke up with me on Christmas day. Yay me...

Today, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, my ex tells me she's off galavanting (how does one put casual sex nicely?) with some dipshet. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if the girl wasn't now like family to me and she basically tells me herself that the guy is a total fink. Also, my ex wasn't and, if her demeanor is any indication, still isn't the casual sex type.

Depressed sigh.

So! Anybody got something to top that, eh? Who among you FFers can offer worse?

I'm pretty certain this thread will remain empty.

Jinx
12-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Someone's having a major "I am still not over this girl" pity-party, tonight.

Mercen-X
12-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Aye, yeh meh be on teh summon tere, lass! But still: Christmas!

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Syphilis.

On a more serious note, not so much a present as I spent the last few Christmases alone without being able to see my family. Sucks big time, but then I just gamed or got laid. Made everything all better. :D

Tigmafuzz
12-10-2012, 03:01 AM
If she's having casual sex with some "fink," she probably isn't someone to be depressed over.

I haven't gotten any present that I would consider horrible. Everything I've ever received as a gift has meant a lot to me, even if only because I'm not used to having gifts in the first place.

Mirage
12-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Granted, what I'm about to mention weren't INTENDED as gifts, but a good gift would have been their DELAY at best.

Two years ago, my girlfriend broke up with me on Christmas day. Yay me...

Today, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, my ex tells me she's off galavanting (how does one put casual sex nicely?) with some dipshet. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if the girl wasn't now like family to me and she basically tells me herself that the guy is a total fink. Also, my ex wasn't and, if her demeanor is any indication, still isn't the casual sex type.

Depressed sigh.

So! Anybody got something to top that, eh? Who among you FFers can offer worse?

I'm pretty certain this thread will remain empty.

Would you rather she waited with telling you until february or something, while still doing that dude regularly?

Balzac
12-10-2012, 03:05 AM
inb4 my mum/dad/relative died.

Mercen-X
12-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Sorry for your loss

Would you rather she waited with telling you until february or something, while still doing that dude regularly?

. .. ... yes.

Futan
12-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Jesus seems to have a running joke with me getting sick, injured or having some other health related issue on or around Christmas. :-/ Probably at least 6 of my Christmas' this has happened. None recently though! :jess: Just jynxed myself.

Mirage
12-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Really? You've still got two weeks until christmas eve.

Shorty
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
When I was twelve and long grown out of Barbies, I got a big box with an entire set of Barbies for Christmas from my aunt.

It wasn't horrible, just disappointing. I was looking forward to opening that box with my name on it the whole night. :colbert:

(I felt bad for not appreciating it, though.)

escobert
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Once my brother gave me a Mcdonalds application -_-

My other brother got an empty box by accident once!

Denmark
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
man one year i got a video game and I opened it up and the disc wasn't in the thing! so the next day we had to go out to best buy and exchange it

worst christmas ever

Mercen-X
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
My aunt got me a game for my 18th birthday that had the wrong disc in it. (It's okay for the OP to be OT)

Aulayna
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Don't think I've ever had bad Christmas presents - always been thankful just to get something.

Oh wait, that's not what this thread is about is it.

Nevermind

Actually to one-up your own pity party.

I haven't actually had Christmas presents for the past 4 years. I've also worked every Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years for the past 6 years. I don't really have much in the way of family I can go back too for Christmas.

So yeah stick that in your girl troubles pipe and smoke it!

(Oh and yes before any asks I am being serious here.)

Pike
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Growing up I had a lot of "welfare Christmases" where the only things we would get would be from local charity groups. Which is a great idea except that all the charity groups would learn about us was the gender and ages of all the kids, and nothing else. So I'd get all sorts of girly stuff that I never had any interest in, lots of earrings (never had pierced ears), dresses (never wear those)... stuff like that.

Ultimately I was grateful that people were thinking of me but yeah, times like that it sucked to be a non-traditional girl. xD

Cuchulainn
12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
dog dirt

Mercen-X
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Eh, it's good enough for you.

I haven't actually had Christmas presents for the past 4 years. I've also worked every Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years for the past 6 years. I don't really have much in the way of family I can go back too for Christmas.

Would you say you have enemies? I think someone wished a shetty Christmas... and, well, they haven't stopped at the one.

Also, Pike... are you a "traditional girl" now?

Aulayna
12-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I don't have enemies but lets just say I made a personal life decision that my mother didn't approve of and for the sake of not causing any rifts in the family I adopted the role of outcast. Which in return means Christmas etc is never full of presents or roast dinners with drunken relatives or all that jazz anymore for me. That and I don't really get to opt-out of working over them either unless I have paid vacation left to take.

Hollycat
12-11-2012, 01:49 AM
A roll of toilet paper. Not even joking, that was the whole present. It even came with a little tag; wipe that frown from your face.

Pike
12-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Also, Pike... are you a "traditional girl" now?

Nope, I'm a pre-op genderless robot.

Also, hugs for Aul <3

G13
12-11-2012, 03:24 AM
I got a flashlight one year.

:stare:

Hollycat
12-11-2012, 03:46 AM
I got a fleshlight one year.

Was it used or new?

Shiny
12-11-2012, 04:11 AM
http://di1-1.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/7f/a2/2e/20247498-260x260-0-0_Spice+World.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
12-11-2012, 06:04 AM
I got a flashlight one year.

Was it at least a Maglite so you could beat people with it?

G13
12-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Yeah it was a Maglite, actually. It was like a cop's flashlight, bullet-proof and all that. It was kind of cool, I guess, but when the hell am I ever going to find myself in a situation where I'm being shot at in the dark!?

Tigmafuzz
12-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah it was a Maglite, actually. It was like a cop's flashlight, bullet-proof and all that. It was kind of cool, I guess, but when the hell am I ever going to find myself in a situation where I'm being shot at in the dark!?

A tactical flashlight is a smurfing awesome gift :colbert: if it has a crenelated strike bezel you can smash car windows with it and easily escape if you drive yourself into a lake or something. Which could happen anytime.

:shifty:

Jiro
12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I probably got lame presents over the years but beggars can't be choosers and I was fortunate enough to get stuff in the first place so that's something to be happy about. At least this year my present will be no family arguments albeit that is largely because this year there is no family unit, so things will be fresh and exciting in a way

Night Fury
12-11-2012, 03:16 PM
http://di1-1.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/7f/a2/2e/20247498-260x260-0-0_Spice+World.jpg

I never got this game and I'm still disgusted by that to this day.

Also, for bad pressies, I've never really had one. I mean one year my Stepdad got me this like... circuit board activity kit (lol nerd) and I thought it was the lamest gift ever, but I ended up making a radio out of that thing and it turned out to be totally awesome!

Mercen-X
12-11-2012, 05:49 PM
circuit board activity kit (lol nerd) and I thought it was the lamest gift ever, but I ended up making a radio out of that thing and it turned out to be totally awesome!
My dad got me that. Thought we could work on it together (after all, we had spent years discussing how to make our own R2 unit).
We've never used it.

Faris
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM

At first, I was going to say nothing that I can think of. Then I saw Shiny's post.

Jinx
12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Shiny and Faris can give their copies to me and Lockharted.

Faris
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Shiny and Faris can give their copies to me and Lockharted.

My copy is lost but trust me, you don't want to play it. Just throw on a Spice Girl's CD and play a real game.

Shoeberto
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
NO
MOM

I
DON'T
WANT
CLOTHES

now where da legos at

Aulayna
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM

At first, I was going to say nothing that I can think of. Then I saw Shiny's post.

How is that a bad Christmas present. I don't understand?

Shorty
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Receiving clothes was the worst. Always from Shopko or Fred Meyer, never in the size or style I wanted. Thanks, Aunt LaraLynn!

Jinx
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Meeting my dad's then-girlfriend-turned-4th-wife on Christmas Day two years ago. :monster:

Pike
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Fred Meyer

AHAHA oh wow it's like I'm really back in Washington State during my childhood

Shorty
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Fred Meyer was the worst ahaha xD

G13
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
What, other states don't have Fred Meyers?

Pike
12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
I think just Washington and Idaho or something.

WASHINGTON STORES GENERAL
Fred Meyer
Haggens
Payless/Pay N' Save
Ernst
QFC

Mercen-X
12-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Fred Meyer was the worst ahaha xD

Marvin the Superhero, everybody!

NorthernChaosGod
12-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Maybe certain people don't want you to see them shooting at you.