PDA

View Full Version : Smurf yes nerdy name drops for marks!

Night Fury
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Writing my Media Culture essay and I'm just like, putting in so many different vidya references it's awesome. I'm on a roll. I'm on so much caffeine right now and it feels like my brain is going to melt out of my nose.

BUT COME ON WOMAN YOU CAN DO THIS trout.

My teachers has like some kind of PHD doodah in vidya or something like that I dunno but HE WILL LOVE ALL THIS.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

LOOK IT'S A PINK CHOCOBO AND I THINK THIS IS SPAM. BUT OH MER GOSH I'M ON AN ACADEMIC ROLL!!!!!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/115/a/d/re_colored_pink_theatrhythm_chocobo_by_dragontamer379-d4xlq3o.png

Tigmafuzz
12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
YEAH WORK THAT ESSAY

TWIST IT

SPIN IT

BOP IT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Bop_it_Extreme.jpg

Night Fury
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I AM BOPPING IT UNCLE TIG.
I AM BOPPING!!

I'm now on a caffeine comedown, I am slightly irritable and not close enough to my word deadline of the day to call it quits, and to make matters worse, someone in this computer lab has taken off their shoes and their feet STINK.

WHY?

Faris
12-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Once, I made a Raiders of the Lost Ark and Pinky and the Brain references on a final exam. I was acing everything but ended the class with a B+ so I doubt she enjoyed the references :(

Shoeberto
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I once had to write an essay from the POV of an ancient Greek attending a forum, which typically involved a lot of drinking and debauchery. It was about the jealousy he experienced when a concubine he liked went with another attendee of the forum. I was able to work in "I must check myself, lest I wreck myself." The prof liked it.

Cuchulainn
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Writing my Media Culture essay and I'm just like, putting in so many different vidya references it's awesome. I'm on a roll. I'm on so much caffeine right now and it feels like my brain is going to melt out of my nose.

BUT COME ON WOMAN YOU CAN DO THIS trout.

My teachers has like some kind of PHD doodah in vidya or something like that I dunno but HE WILL LOVE ALL THIS.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

LOOK IT'S A PINK CHOCOBO AND I THINK THIS IS SPAM. BUT OH MER GOSH I'M ON AN ACADEMIC ROLL!!!!!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/115/a/d/re_colored_pink_theatrhythm_chocobo_by_dragontamer379-d4xlq3o.png

Now you're just a one-legged picture away from being Alice

Formalhaut
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
This is a very strange thread.

Aulayna
12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
About... 6 years ago... I wrote my dissertation on The Formation of Identity in Online Roleplaying Games.

Really it was just an excuse to continue playing WoW.

Got a first for it though so :kakapo:

escobert
12-11-2012, 12:33 AM
What you mean you can make essays not boring and a drab?

Really though I always found word limits were horrible because I walways wanted to write more!

Tigmafuzz
12-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I always found word limits were horrible because I walways wanted to write more!

I know right :cry: THEY CAN'T LIMIT MY WISDOM

Citizen Bleys
12-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Now you're just a one-legged picture away from being Alice

Been a while since I've done this one.

Alice! Who the fuck is Alice?

Clo
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Refer to Deep Throat.

Night Fury
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
What you mean you can make essays not boring and a drab?

Really though I always found word limits were horrible because I walways wanted to write more!

I think this essay is still boring and drab :( I'm not even on a roll today either. Been sat here for 2 hours and NOTHING has come out of my brain yet.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Wanna switch? You write my essay, I write yours? Pwease?

Night Fury
12-11-2012, 01:35 PM

Whatcha writing about?

12-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Whatcha writing about?

Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground's and Callaghan's Such is My Beloved's protagonists and relating them to Berdyaev's creative ethics and whether or not they exemplify it. With occasional reference, as need be, with some pre-Existentialist and Existentialist thinkers. :(

Night Fury
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Whatcha writing about?

Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground's and Callaghan's Such is My Beloved's protagonists and relating them to Berdyaev's creative ethics and whether or not they exemplify it. With occasional reference, as need be, with some pre-Existentialist and Existentialist thinkers. :(

Yeah not even going to pretend I know what that all means....

Jiro
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Working in sweet references was only a last resort when I couldn't base my entire assignment around some form of pop culture - most likely video games specifically Final Fantasy. My origins here stem from one such endeavour, and I still attribute my passing school entirely to video games. Without the knowledge I gained there and the sneaky ideas to steal I would never have made it all the way. I simply cannot even recount the various assignments and references, but oh man, good times.

krissy
12-13-2012, 06:29 AM
i once in high school wrote an essay that described bravery based on the events of final fantasy tactics

80%

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
i once in high school wrote an essay that described bravery based on the events of final fantasy tactics

80%

Do you still have the essay around somewhere? Sounds like it would be an interesting read.

Iceglow
12-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I once re-wrote an essay on consumer law and pointed out that the consumer often agrees to things without reading them and how ignorance of the fact doesn't constitute not legally being bound by the terms laid out in the contract. My example was EULA's common to many games.

Night Fury
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I finished my essay, it's been handed in a day early. I'm so relieved that I now have free timeee!

For a week until I have to make a start on my 4000 word business portfolio! :monster:

krissy
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
sorry guys, this was on paper and i certainly didn't keep my stuff from grade 10. if i did i wouldn't know where to start looking. the thing i do remember though, was i kept calling it the 'zodiac brave story' by squaresoft, just to reinforce the idea that it was about bravery

Jinx
12-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I just wrote a paper on the Teleological and Cosmological arguments for God!

I've been putting it off for 2 weeks.

It took me 10 minutes to write.

>.>

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
In a final exam on Roman History, I was writing an essay on Rome's technological capabilities, and whether or not they were really as advanced as they could have been. As with all exams, I was getting a bit loopy by the end, and found myself writing "[the Romans were quite advanced but they could've done better]; they didn't even have Internet!". :D

Jiro
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
sorry guys, this was on paper and i certainly didn't keep my stuff from grade 10. if i did i wouldn't know where to start looking. the thing i do remember though, was i kept calling it the 'zodiac brave story' by squaresoft, just to reinforce the idea that it was about bravery

That's a shame. I hate when you have those moments of genius on things you aren't allowed to keep.

Freya
12-14-2012, 02:40 AM
I once wrote an essay for my intro english class in college about the impending robot invasion. The prompt was how does that college prepare kids for the future. I quoted novels and movies and such. It was aligning that we were preparing ourselves to craft our future overlords. Well written I though but I got a D because it wasn't based in reality and my sources were not factual, or so he wrote in the notes. So I contested it and he changed it to a B.

Raistlin
12-14-2012, 03:16 AM
In 6th grade English we had to write something about news, so I wrote about the development of Final Fantasy VIII, which hadn't been released yet.

In 7th grade English for a creative writing paper, I wrote what was essentially a mini-sequel to Suikoden II. I don't have it anymore. :(

I took a creative writing class my junior year of college, and one of my short stories was about a real life game of mafia (which I called Death Note). I got an A on it.

80%

This is amazing.

12-14-2012, 06:17 AM

>.>

Yeah, they are rather straight forward. Go Aquinas, go! :p

My paper has been handed in but it was a rather shoddy job. :/

Jinx
12-14-2012, 04:19 PM

>.>

Yeah, they are rather straight forward. Go Aquinas, go! :p

My paper > My class > Philosophy > Years of philosophical discussion > Aquinas > THE FIRST CAUSE

Pike
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
When I was taking Intermediate Japanese in college the final project was to write an essay, all in Japanese, about something that was important to you.

So I wrote about how to install Linux.

True story.

Jiro
12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
I wonder if Linux is popular in Japan.

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I wonder if Linus is popular in Japan.

Tigmafuzz
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I wonder if Linus is popular in Japan.

He's quite big there.