PDA

View Full Version : BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENTS. EVARRRR!

Aulayna
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Title is self explanatory. What's the best, or most surprisingly thoughtful, gift you've ever received?

For me it would've been about... oooh... 8 or 9 years ago now. Pike was working at Target (I think) and the Nintendo DS had just come out in America and I was droning on and on and on and on at her about how I was really looking forward to it and how I was so annoyed it wasn't out in Europe until later the next year.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and Nintendo DS with Super Mario 64 DS turns up in the mail. She'd told me she'd try and send one but I honestly never expected her to actually do it. Especially as I'd only really known her for a few months at that point.

I still get happy inside just thinking about that.

Pumpkin
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Whatever my boyfriend gets me this year.

I'm also going to rep the next Pike post I see because of that story.

Pike
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Title is self explanatory. What's the best, or most surprisingly thoughtful, gift you've ever received?

For me it would've been about... oooh... 8 or 9 years ago now. Pike was working at Target (I think) and the Nintendo DS had just come out in America and I was droning on and on and on and on at her about how I was really looking forward to it and how I was so annoyed it wasn't out in Europe until later the next year.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and Nintendo DS with Super Mario 64 DS turns up in the mail. She'd told me she'd try and send one but I honestly never expected her to actually do it. Especially as I'd only really known her for a few months at that point.

I still get happy inside just thinking about that.

I did it so I could get a custom rank on TSR :shifty:

I'm so glad you remember that though! I love how excited you were :jess: Didn't it break not long after? I remember being sad about that :(

As for me, well, last year Hux bought me an Xbox 360 :}

Aulayna
12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah it got knocked off the table onto the stone patio and the top screen got a black screen tear as a result. :(

Laddy
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
My corgi. :love:

Jinx
12-11-2012, 02:18 AM
One year I got an autographed Frodo/Elijah Wood picture. <3

Also, a couple years ago my mom got me a Hosier Hut t-shirt. I jumped up and down and screamed like a 5-year-old for about 3 minutes. Same as the couple years before that when my parents finally got me a shirt with the Irish flag on it.

Balzac
12-11-2012, 04:53 AM
The Commodore C64 my parents bought me when I was 6 years old.

Pike
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Commodore 64 was how I played all my games for like the first ten years of my life. Hi5 bro.

Shlup
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
A few years ago my husband disassembled a keyboard to paint it pink. It was kind of messy and peeled off easily, but it was my favorite color, and he made it for me. I was really sad when it stopped working, though I still have it in my closet.

Chris
12-11-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.wilderblubordercollies.com/images/wildlife14.jpg

Got C.C. Rider for Christmas back in 2005. Best present ever. :D

Balzac
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Commodore 64 was how I played all my games for like the first ten years of my life. Hi5 bro.

Nice! I moved onto the NES and Master System after 2 years though. I still have the C64 somewhere.

Sephex
12-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Nothing will ever beat the surreal feeling of getting my very own NES with three games all at once. My parent's bought a cheaper package that didn't come with Super Mario Bros. (though I quickly obtained that one), but the three games were:

*R.C. Pro-Am (an early Rareware racing game)
*Pinball
*Mega Man 2

Jowy
12-11-2012, 02:51 PM
My mother walked over on Christmas during a blizzard to give me a sweater and Metroid Fusion when I was sixteen. I still have both. :aimsmile:

Night Fury
12-11-2012, 03:13 PM
The year I got my first laptop.

Prior to that, maybe when my dad got me a Playstation 2 and Final Fantasy X because we stayed up all night on the weekends playing it together :heart:

Cuchulainn
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
dog dirt

sharkythesharkdogg
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
The year I got a go-cart. I was around 11. My dog immediately bit all the tires except for the one near the motor. He could pick up the front of the go-cart with me in it, and shake it. I had three flat tires in 5 minutes. There's a picture of me somewhere driving around on the go-cart carrying a bat or a golf club. I had to poke the dog to keep him from biting my tires.

Then I proceeded to tear ass around the woods for the next....4 years? At least. I eventually had to strip that thing down to the chassis and repaint it. Replaced the little slipper clutch a few times, replace the fuel tank where some close racing with a friend might have caved it in and made it leak on the exhaust :|, then I had to replace all the tires because they were bald. I drove the bejeezus out of that poor little thing.

Memories. :jess:

Shorty
12-11-2012, 05:17 PM
My best Christmas was when I got up in the middle of the night really young to just come out and look at the Christmas tree and stuff. No one was around, so I just sat on the couch in the living room for a while. Heard a car door slam and saw my dad coming inside. He had presents for everyone and instead of getting angry at me like my mom would have, he asked if I would like to help him wrap things for my mom and my sisters.

I don't even really remember what I got, I was just so happy to be helping my dad.

Faris
12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
The year my grandmother couldn't come over, my dad and I celebrated by drinking and woke my ill mother at midnight to open gifts. I'm considering this a gift, I don't care if it actually isn't.