PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Accomplishments

Aulayna
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
So these days there are trophies and achievements to be had - but what are some of your non-achievement related accomplishments you're really proud of?

The one that really sticks out for me is my Dad got me Sonic CD on the PC for Christmas. One afternoon I sat down and was like right I'm going to do this game in one sitting because it's the school holidays, my friends are away and I have nothing else to do.

So not only did I do it, I also did all the special stages and didn't die once!

At the end of the credits it came up with a screen of Sonic, Amy and Metal Sonic along with a load of animals jumping around with the message "You Are Our Greatest Player!"

I felt like a Gaming Goddess at the time and I still don't think anything has ever surpassed that one moment for me.

Pete for President
12-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Speedrunning Dark Souls in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Beating Penance (FFX) melee only.

Finishing the Firetruck and Paramedic missions to complete GTA Vice City 100%. Twice.

Getting 'Grand Master' rank for all Rikimaru's and Ayame's missions in Tenchu 3.

Maxing out 11 of 13 characters on SSX Tricky, 4 of them Trick Book included.

S ranking every mission on Ace Combat Zero on Ace difficulty.

And finally; beating Guitar Hero II's 'Free Bird' on Expert.

Jowy
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Resident Evil for PS1 in 1:41 with no saves or first aid spray.

Jinx
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, I beat Ocarina of Time in three days over the summer. Not sure if you can call this an accomplishment, or just really sad.

Formalhaut
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Getting all the trophies on FFXIII-2, also known as the only game where I actually got all the trophies for. Well impressed.

Or getting every single pin in the World Ends With You. And in general, I just aced the game.

Pike
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Anytime I make Miriam give up and submit to me in SMAC.

That one time that I took over half of Africa as Brittany in EU3.

Also that one time that I took over most of the Middle East as Ireland in EU3.

Skyblade
12-12-2012, 05:46 AM
My Crown Jewel of Gaming (thus far) occured about 4 months ago.

I defeated Margaret in Persona 3 Portable with only my main character in the party.

I knew it could be done in Persona 4, but changes they made to the fight when moving it to Persona 3, as well as the mechanics of P3 itself, made it nearly impossible. Even searching the internet, I found no one who had successfully completed this task, although several had tried, and I even found a fairly active thread on GameFAQs of people spinning theories and listing failed attempts.

Using my own strategy, my own Persona setup and gear setup, I did it.

Sure, my character had zero SP and half health by the end, and there was a ton of luck involved.

But I did not care. I frelling beat that monster of a boss with just my protagonist. And I did it just to prove to myself that I could, and to confirm to myself that the P3 Protagonist was still the strongest individual in the Persona universe.

Anyone who wants my setup and strategy is free to ask and use it, as long as they give me credit.:D

Jowy
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Well, I beat Ocarina of Time in three days over the summer. Not sure if you can call this an accomplishment, or just really sad.

Call us back when you do it with three heart containers.

escobert
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm going to feel like a god if I can finish this stupid task in GW2 :mad2:

Denmark
12-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Metroid in under an hour (real-time, not that pussy game-time displayed at end of game)
Super Mario World in under 12 minutes
Link to the Past in under 1:50
OoT 3 hearts (ez)
Getting 100s in all levels in Yoshi's Island

Skyblade
12-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Call us back when you do it with three heart containers.

Three Heart Container Master Quest Speed Run. Double damage taken and harder dungeons. Good luck.

Denmark
12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
real Master Quest (released on Gamecube with OoT as a bonus for preordering Wind Waker) was just a remake of the original with different dungeons. not double damage the 3ds version is a myth imo

Skyblade
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
It still included things like Stalfoses (Stalfi?) and Iron Knuckles early. But the double damage 3DS version is the way to go.

Jowy
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
link to the past 1:50

I assume that you're playing the SNES version and not the GBA remake? You can probably shave that down to 1:40 on GBA. The fucking skeleton forest always screws with my speed runs.

Red Mage Coffman
12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I defeated the god in Final Fantasy Legends. With a Chainsaw. Yeah, bitch went down pretty quick.

I also beat the last three soldiers in Crisis Core. Took me a while to wear them down though.

Denmark
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
re: jowy

> implying anyone should play gba version

and yeah 1:50 is actually a really bad time but it took a lot of effort to get there :3

Jinx
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I'd probably have to play Master Quest a few times before I tried the 3 Heart Challenge, but I have no doubt I could to the 3 Heart Challenge on the N64 Version

Jowy
12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
re: jowy

> implying anyone should play gba version

and yeah 1:50 is actually a really bad time but it took a lot of effort to get there :3

my best time was around 3:02, so that's pretty gorilla.

Karifean
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I beat Battletoads.

I got Platinum Trophies on both FF XIII and XIII-2.

That's about it.