PDA

View Full Version : I havn't logged in for about 3 years...

JodoBaggins
12-12-2012, 07:59 AM
And I discovered the "squall is dead" theory and I'm totally fascinated with it! It changes the perspective of the game for me, rather than confuse me with overly convient story-telling and throwing a twist of...well bitterness and depression to it. Even thought it prolly was not intented by the game designers, I wish it was so this game could be the "empire strikes back" of the final fantasy series. Since it does throw in the fact that, nothing worked out successfully for squall, he didnt know anything about his parents and he died...which is how life is. People die even if it is the main character of a final fantasy game. It's amazing to think about this game that way.

Any comments...?

Jiro
12-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Final Fantasy VIII has spawned so many theories, I just can't believe it. It's glorious!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I like that a topic like this could be so interesting to the point where it actually pulls back in members who haven't logged on in recent years so they can talk about it with us! :D

Shorty
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I never understood the "Squall is dead" theory. New discussion time?

Heath
12-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Man, I never realised people even read my posts :D

Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII (http://squallsdead.com/) The basic premise is that Squall dies at the end of disc one when Edea spikes him with the ice spears. The rest of the game is then a sort of fantasy of Cloud Squall's before he finally passes away, in which his dreams are fulfilled. Part of the reasoning behind it is that a lot of about turns take place after this event, and that the game becomes a lot more 'unrealistic' (or less true to our own world) after that point.

Jinx
12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Man, I never realised people even read my posts :D

Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII (http://squallsdead.com/) The basic premise is that Squall dies at the end of disc one when Edea spikes him with the ice spears. The rest of the game is then a sort of fantasy of Cloud's before he finally passes away, in which his dreams are fulfilled. Part of the reasoning behind it is that a lot of about turns take place after this event, and that the game becomes a lot more 'unrealistic' (or less true to our own world) after that point.

CLOUD IS IN FFVIII OH WOW

Heath
12-14-2012, 03:09 PM
As I said I never knew people read my posts, because I clearly don't!

Jiro
12-16-2012, 12:38 PM
The mental instability of the two does lend to confusing them.

Faris
12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Have any of these huge theories ever been confirmed or denied by the creators? If not then I'm guessing that they're all amused by it because somehow it's really:

Zell = Ultimecia
Rinoa's dog is actually Rinoa from the future turned into a dog
Raijin and Fujin are robots
Squall has multiple personality disorder and the other personas are Seifer, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward
None of this is real, it's just a sick story compiled by Cid and Edea. Whenever they had writers block, they threw in whatever the kids in the orphanage were yelling that day. For example: MOOMBA

Formalhaut
12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
I've just read it, and boy, it makes VIII sound ten times better. And deep as well. Very heavy and deep. The main character dying at the end of disc one? That's unheard of.

Sephex
12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Squall's don't die, they multiply. This is achieved by:

A) Forming a rap group/gang
B) Having sex with Rinoa

Tigmafuzz
12-19-2012, 03:13 AM
So one of the Squalls died after creating multiple copies of himself through mitosis?

JodoBaggins
12-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I've just read it, and boy, it makes VIII sound ten times better. And deep as well. Very heavy and deep. The main character dying at the end of disc one? That's unheard of.

Looks like you understand my point formalhaut. The concept makes the game seem way more understandable than it's original form. It is how I see the game form now on :)

tony12
12-23-2012, 04:38 PM
If you scroll down to the very bottom of the theory the guy states that the only reason he came up with this is because he doesn't have a clue what FF8 was supposeed to mean. People can come with anything if they let their imaginations run away with them. In fact if you watch the edea video the ice crystal looks like it just goes below Squall's armpit. If the writers intended Squall to die from that they probably would of centered it in a different location.

In my opinion the game was overall just supposed to be about the relationship between Squall and Rinoa and everything else received second hand treatment. That is why the story often seems strange and in some people's opinion not very good.