PDA

View Full Version : Anticipated Games for 2013

Futan
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Almost the end of the world year and 2013 is right around the corner. What games coming out in 2013 are you looking forward to?

Seeing the most recent SimCity gameplay trailer(I'll edit this with a link later :x) really has me excited for it. XIV 2.0 and GTA V, I'm also looking forward to.

EDIT: This is the first "trailer": http://www.simcity.com/en_US/media/video/SimCity-gameplay-strategy-video-1

and the latest: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/media/video/gameplay-strategy-video-2

Shauna
12-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Bioshock Infinite.

end of thread

Skyblade
12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Fire Emblem Kakusei.

NeoCracker
12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, my current Pre-Order list is as follows.

The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Ni No Kuni

As soon as they are available, I'll pre-order the following
Watch Dogs
The Kingdom Hearts Collection
Dragons Crown
Dark Souls 2

What I'm hoping will be released?
Persona 5.

So all in all, it's looking pretty promising.

Night Fury
12-12-2012, 10:14 PM
The new Tomb Raider.
Can. Not. Wait.

Shauna
12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
The new Tomb Raider. Don't know whether excite or terrified. :(

Night Fury
12-12-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm slightly terrified, but I'll play it anyway

Jowy
12-12-2012, 10:42 PM
DARK SOULS II.

my body isn't ready

Bolivar
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Man, I've been so into older games that I just haven't been following new games for a while.

I'm lookin forward to Dota 2's official release so some of my peoples who are waiting on beta invites will be able to play.
Same for End of Nations.
EA's new Command & Conquer should be interesting to watch.
I might grab Europa Universalis IV.
Despite Battlefield 3 being a frisby due to input lag, I probably will get Battlefield 4.
I have income at the time I'll definitely be getting God of War Ascension.
And Modern Warfare 4 is an inevitability for me.

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Honestly? Ni No Kuni, not because I like Level-5 (they are hit and miss with me) but because it's a Studio Ghibli game. Other than that, Shin Megami Tensei IV. Most of the projects I'm interested in have not been formally announced so there is no point to get excited for any of them. Maybe the next AC game but unless they drop the Animus element and do an expansion on Conner (please make it the French Revolution or War of 1812) I can't really fathom what Ubisoft is going to do with the AC franchise unless AC4 has also been in secret development all this time.

Jinx
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

NeoCracker
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
DARK SOULS II.

my body isn't ready

Bah, I forgot to include that.

If only you were getting it for PS3 we could kick some ass together. :(

Pike
12-12-2012, 11:54 PM
EUROPA
UNIVERSALIS
FOUR

Futan
12-12-2012, 11:57 PM
The Last of Us

Oooh, forgot about this. This is one I love the premise of. Would've liked it even better if there were no zombies at all though. :x

Oh, you. Like that's ever coming out. :p

Quindiana Jones
12-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I am looking forward to playing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Fallouts 1 and 2, and Beyond Good and Evil. My laptop is amazing. :)

Depression Moon
12-13-2012, 04:45 AM
The Last of Us

Oooh, forgot about this. This is one I love the premise of. Would've liked it even better if there were no zombies at all though. :x

Zombies? You don't have that confused with some other game?B

Besides that Tomb Raider, but I'm not really excited about it, just curious. I'm still growing bored with gaming right now. Still no JRPGs for me for PS3.

Del Murder
12-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Only The Last of Us at this point.

Flaming Ice
12-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Fire Emblem Kakusei.

Fire Emblem games last so long....:D'

As long as it's F2P or PS3 then realm reborn.

Ni No Kuni
Kingdom Hearts Collection
Dragons Crown

Pete for President
12-13-2012, 07:25 AM
DARK SOULS II.

And nothing else!

Skyblade
12-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Fire Emblem Kakusei.

Fire Emblem games last so long....:D'

Not only that, but Kakusei has downloadable content (both free and paid) that include past characters from the series. Some of them even have their own chapters and stories, and interactions with the cast of Kakusei, and from what I've seen, it's awesome.

For example, they have packs of like 6 characters to download from each previous game. You can pick up the Path of Radiance pack and get most of the Greil Mercenaries (and frelling Nephenee!).

Then there are individual character packs, like Lyn's from Blazing Sword. She has her own story, several chapters, and her own interactions with the main character, who is a tactician with a mysterious origin (deeply related to the story of Kakusei, which I will not spoil). And Lyn thinks she recognizes the tactician, and you can actually in-game-canon it that its the same tactician from Blazing Swords (you can also tell her she's wrong and set it up as a separate tactician if you like), and the two can continue their adventures/friendship (and, if I've read right, even possible romance). That's just awesome.

Madame Adequate
12-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Gears of War: Judgment. But only really because DAMON BAIRD is the main character :hyper: :love:

Also EU4, all CK2 content, hopefully a Vicky 2 expansion (johan pls provide), Watch Dogs, Dead State, Grim Dawn, GTA 5, Stardriver, Star Lords, Star Citizen, Star Command, Starship Corporation, Company of Heroes 2, Project Eternity, Elite: Dangerous, and if Soldak gives us anything then hooray.

Mostly stuff in space.

Futan
12-13-2012, 12:54 PM
The Last of Us

Zombies? You don't have that confused with some other game?

There are 'zombies' in it. It's not the main focus of the story though.

Shoeberto
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us
GTA5

Those are the only ones that are possible day 1 purchases for me even though it's far more likely I'll just do what I always do and wait for them to be in the sub-$30 range :D

Flaming Ice
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Not only that, but Kakusei has downloadable content (both free and paid) that include past characters from the series. Some of them even have their own chapters and stories, and interactions with the cast of Kakusei, and from what I've seen, it's awesome.

Yes, I've read about this before. Do they have some story to link the different continents or something? Or are they just challenge map characters?

For example, they have packs of like 6 characters to download from each previous game. You can pick up the Path of Radiance pack and get most of the Greil Mercenaries (and frelling Nephenee!).

Lots of people seemed to like nephenee so it's no surprise for her:)

Are any laguz in? Ranulf would be nice.

Then there are individual character packs, like Lyn's from Blazing Sword. She has her own story, several chapters, and her own interactions with the main character, who is a tactician with a mysterious origin (deeply related to the story of Kakusei, which I will not spoil). And Lyn thinks she recognizes the tactician, and you can actually in-game-canon it that its the same tactician from Blazing Swords (you can also tell her she's wrong and set it up as a separate tactician if you like), and the two can continue their adventures/friendship (and, if I've read right, even possible romance). That's just awesome.

Sounds good, Lyn has always been one of my favourites :D

Skyblade
12-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Laguz are not in. Apparently they don't support completely unique classes like the Laguz or the Soldier/Halberdier (Nephenee is a Knight now :().

Also, there's a limit of 20 DLC characters at any time on your party (while there are over 120 characters just through SpotPass, and more through StreetPass and paid DLC, apparently [although some are duplicates, you can get Lyn with her paid DLC chapterrs, or as a SpotPass character in the FE Blazing Sword pack]). They are more than challenge map characters, as they show up on the world map and can be rerecruited if they fall (they'll eventually show up on the map again.

That's about as much as I can tell about it without playing the game.

Oh, and it's now officially gotten its NA title, which is new since the last time I looked it over. Fire Emblem Awakening.

Madame Adequate
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Forget everything I said.

There's only one videogame next year.

Earth Defense Force 2025 Coming Next Year - Earth Defense Force 2025 - Xbox 360 - www.GameInformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/earth_defense_force_2025/b/xbox360/archive/2012/12/13/earth-defense-force-2025-coming-next-year.aspx)

Pike
12-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Forget everything I said.

There's only one videogame next year.

Earth Defense Force 2025 Coming Next Year - Earth Defense Force 2025 - Xbox 360 - www.GameInformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/earth_defense_force_2025/b/xbox360/archive/2012/12/13/earth-defense-force-2025-coming-next-year.aspx)

This.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-14-2012, 01:36 AM
FF13vs...

Bolivar
12-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Oh man that fire emblem does look mad good... the 3ds is kinda staring to heat up...

DMKA
12-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Beyond: Two Souls
BioShock Infinite
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Dead Space 3
DmC: Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (LOL I KNOW RIGHT?)
God of War: Ascension
Kingdom Hearts: 1.5 HD Remix
The Last of Us
Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Phantom Pain
Rayman Legends
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Tomb Raider

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
DmC
SimCity
Tomb Raider
GTAV

And one that no one's mentioned - Yakuza 5.

Flying Arrow
12-17-2012, 03:58 AM
My day-ones (PS3):

-Ni no Kuni
-Grand Theft Auto V
-South Park: The Stick of Truth
-Dark Souls II

I also really want to get into SMTIV and more 3DS exclusive RPGs. Thing is, I don't really have the time or desire to devote time to gaming heavily on two pieces of hardware, especially when I've never been big on the actual physical act of handheld gaming.

krissy
12-17-2012, 05:25 AM
the last guardian?????????????

Shoeberto
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
God, I hope it comes out in 2013. It'll be a PS4 launch title at this rate.

Edge7
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Bioshock Infinite.
end of thread
Well, that and the Last of Us, followed by Ni no Kuni.
I'm excited as hell for Sly 4 as well.

And Lyn thinks she recognizes the tactician, and you can actually in-game-canon it that its the same tactician from Blazing Swords (you can also tell her she's wrong and set it up as a separate tactician if you like), and the two can continue their adventures/friendship (and, if I've read right, even possible romance). That's just awesome.
That is quite awesome. Always held something of a fancy for Lyn back when I was a wee lad of 9 years.

Skyblade
12-17-2012, 08:46 PM
And Lyn thinks she recognizes the tactician, and you can actually in-game-canon it that its the same tactician from Blazing Swords (you can also tell her she's wrong and set it up as a separate tactician if you like), and the two can continue their adventures/friendship (and, if I've read right, even possible romance). That's just awesome.
That is quite awesome. Always held something of a fancy for Lyn back when I was a wee lad of 9 years.

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work out. The tactician can support any character in the game, and marry any of the opposite gender.

But, apparently, the implementation of the DLC characters prevents them from supporting, blocking them off from romances too. So it's just a massive tease during her chapters (again!), but no further than that.

Citizen Bleys
12-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Star Citizen.

When it comes out, I stop playing everything else

Skyblade
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Star Citizen.

That's a 2014 game though, by all accounts.

Wolf Kanno
12-18-2012, 04:17 AM
God, I hope it comes out in 2013. It'll be a PS4 launch title at this rate.

I think its safe to say its vaporware at this point, at least Versus XIII still gets mentioned from time to time. I think the last news I heard about this game was more people quitting the project.

Aulayna
12-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Tomb Raider
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy XIII-3
Bioshock Infinite
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
The Elder Scrolls Online (though have a feeling this will slip to 2014)

Loony BoB
12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Almost certainly getting
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
SimCity
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider

Am already considering getting
Watch Dogs
Ni No Kuni

Am interested in
Bioshock Infinite
GTA 5
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
The Elder Scrolls Online (probably won't get it, though, because FFXIV)
Deadpool

Hoping for
Final Fantasy Type-0
The Last Guardian

Star Citizen.

"From the makers of Freelancer" - x_x SOLD. 2014-2015, though. Damn. :(

Pike
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
The Elder Scrolls Online (though have a feeling this will slip to 2014)

I want this because Elder Scrolls

But I also don't want this because LORE, LOL, LET'S MAKE THE ARGONIANS AND DUNMER AND NORDS BEST FRIENDS :monster:

Slothy
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
The Last of Us
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

In terms of what I know I'll actually be able to afford, add Watch Dogs to this and you basically have my list. If the Last Guardian magically becomes a real thing that gets released then I'll sell a kidney or something to get it (probably not my own).

Already pre-ordered Heart of the Swarm though so I'm rocking out in the Beta now.

Skyblade
12-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I have to say, I'm not looking forward to Heart of the Swarm at all. I've basically given up on Blizzard at this point. Too much junk from them lately.

Slothy
12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I've basically given up on Blizzard at this point. Too much junk from them lately.

Care to elaborate? I only ask because putting aside WOW and it's expansions, they've released two games in almost ten years. Granted, by all accounts Diablo 3 was terrible, and while I haven't played it, I can understand why from much of the criticism it got. But I did enjoy Wings of Liberty, even if some of the online bits they implemented (or perhaps more accurately, cut) irk me a bit. And from what I've played of the HotS beta so far, it's a delightful breath of fresh air after a couple of years of WoL. Like the jump from Starcraft to Brood War kind of delightful. I have no real complaints with it so far. They even added in some sorely needed UI improvements that probably should have been in the first game.

Skyblade
12-18-2012, 04:27 PM
I've basically given up on Blizzard at this point. Too much junk from them lately.

Care to elaborate? I only ask because putting aside WOW and it's expansions, they've released two games in almost ten years. Granted, by all accounts Diablo 3 was terrible, and while I haven't played it, I can understand why from much of the criticism it got. But I did enjoy Wings of Liberty, even if some of the online bits they implemented (or perhaps more accurately, cut) irk me a bit. And from what I've played of the HotS beta so far, it's a delightful breath of fresh air after a couple of years of WoL. Like the jump from Starcraft to Brood War kind of delightful. I have no real complaints with it so far. They even added in some sorely needed UI improvements that probably should have been in the first game.

Well, I'm not putting aside WoW's expansions, for one. The game has gotten steadily worse and worse, to the point that I completely gave up on it.

Diablo 3 is Diablo 2 with prettier graphics and even more heavily exaggerated flaws, and is probably my single worst purchase of the year.

And, frankly, SCII is much the same way. First there's the entire two year wait and extra cost for the rest of the campaign missions, which I'm not too thrilled about. There's the fact that micro and action speed is still far more important than overall strategy. I haven't played it pretty much since I finished the campaign mode. It just didn't sit well with me in the long term.

Slothy
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Well, I'm not putting aside WoW's expansions, for one. The game has gotten steadily worse and worse, to the point that I completely gave up on it.

The only reason I left WoW's expansions out is because I don't play it. I actually haven't played any MMO that I would consider to be a good game, so I tend to avoid them. I suppose I'm a little bit of a hypocrite lately because I've been playing some Star Trek Online even though it's a terrible game. The trekkie in me got suckered in by the lore, but it won't hold much longer.

And, frankly, SCII is much the same way. First there's the entire two year wait and extra cost for the rest of the campaign missions, which I'm not too thrilled about. There's the fact that micro and action speed is still far more important than overall strategy. I haven't played it pretty much since I finished the campaign mode. It just didn't sit well with me in the long term.

These two arguments don't really sit well with me. The first simply because arguing that you're waiting more years and paying more money to get the full campaign is like complaining that Mass Effect wasn't finished after the first game. Wings of Liberty still had as much single player content in the campaign as the original game and Brood War. More if you take into account other single player modes like the challenges actually. It just always struck me as a weak argument, and one no one ever seems to apply to any other game that ends with a set up for a sequel.

The latter argument I also disagree with if only because I don't think it really holds as true as people think. Is Micro and APM important for getting to the top ranks in the game and playing professionally? Yes to some extent (there are actually a few guys who've placed well at tournaments with comparatively low APM though). And can it make a difference in individual games? Sure, if you're otherwise evenly matched with someone. But things like army composition, positioning, and timing attacks can all overcome someone who has better micro than you, but a worse handle on their macro and the other factors I mentioned. And the reality is, unless you're planning on trying to win the next MLG, it plays a much smaller role than you'd think. Certainly a much smaller role than in the first game and Brood War. But in the end, some benefit to having good micro is important because that's part of Starcraft and has been for a long time. If two people are completely evenly matched in every respect, but one has better micro, they should win.

I've personally been playing for much of the last two years and have never had any issues playing well and having fun, and even making it into leagues like Platinum, despite my having pretty low APM overall and a mediocre ability to micro my units and continue to build while attacking. The reality is that most people in most leagues are simply not that much better at it than I am, but I edge out wins by having better knowledge of the game, build orders, and positioning and unit compositions, as well as game awareness. I've frequently beaten players in leagues higher than myself who have much higher APM by being good at those things. I just play to my strengths.

But that said, being able to micro on some level is necessary to some degree, and if that isn't your thing then I don't begrudge you it. I just disagree that it's the most important factor. Certainly until you start hitting Diamond and Master leagues, other factors are dramatically more important and will win games more often than having better APM. And even if I do disagree with your reasons for not looking forward to the next Starcraft, you're still welcome to them. I'm not debating with you in some attempt to make you buy it by any means. You're welcome to your feelings about the games after all.

Skyblade
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM

The only reason I left WoW's expansions out is because I don't play it. I actually haven't played any MMO that I would consider to be a good game, so I tend to avoid them. I suppose I'm a little bit of a hypocrite lately because I've been playing some Star Trek Online even though it's a terrible game. The trekkie in me got suckered in by the lore, but it won't hold much longer.

These two arguments don't really sit well with me. The first simply because arguing that you're waiting more years and paying more money to get the full campaign is like complaining that Mass Effect wasn't finished after the first game. Wings of Liberty still had as much single player content in the campaign as the original game and Brood War. More if you take into account other single player modes like the challenges actually. It just always struck me as a weak argument, and one no one ever seems to apply to any other game that ends with a set up for a sequel.

The latter argument I also disagree with if only because I don't think it really holds as true as people think. Is Micro and APM important for getting to the top ranks in the game and playing professionally? Yes to some extent (there are actually a few guys who've placed well at tournaments with comparatively low APM though). And can it make a difference in individual games? Sure, if you're otherwise evenly matched with someone. But things like army composition, positioning, and timing attacks can all overcome someone who has better micro than you, but a worse handle on their macro and the other factors I mentioned. And the reality is, unless you're planning on trying to win the next MLG, it plays a much smaller role than you'd think. Certainly a much smaller role than in the first game and Brood War. But in the end, some benefit to having good micro is important because that's part of Starcraft and has been for a long time. If two people are completely evenly matched in every respect, but one has better micro, they should win.

I've personally been playing for much of the last two years and have never had any issues playing well and having fun, and even making it into leagues like Platinum, despite my having pretty low APM overall and a mediocre ability to micro my units and continue to build while attacking. The reality is that most people in most leagues are simply not that much better at it than I am, but I edge out wins by having better knowledge of the game, build orders, and positioning and unit compositions, as well as game awareness. I've frequently beaten players in leagues higher than myself who have much higher APM by being good at those things. I just play to my strengths.

But that said, being able to micro on some level is necessary to some degree, and if that isn't your thing then I don't begrudge you it. I just disagree that it's the most important factor. Certainly until you start hitting Diamond and Master leagues, other factors are dramatically more important and will win games more often than having better APM. And even if I do disagree with your reasons for not looking forward to the next Starcraft, you're still welcome to them. I'm not debating with you in some attempt to make you buy it by any means. You're welcome to your feelings about the games after all.

I'm not trying to argue that it's a bad game (Diablo 3, now that's a bad game), just that it did not take Starcraft in a direction I was happy with.

I haven't replayed SCII more than once since beating it. It had no lasting appeal to me. I still go back to replay WCIII, but not SCII. I'm not sure exactly why. Story and characters, possibly.

As for the importance of micro, go to single player mode, lower the speed to slow, and watch how easy the game becomes. Now ask yourself why Hard mode and multiplayer lock the game to fast speed. Answer? Because slowing the game and giving players more time to take actions and respond to things makes APM meaningless, and Blizzard knows it.

Pike
12-18-2012, 11:50 PM
What was the last WoW expac you played, Skyblade? Whilst I agree that Cataclysm was pretty terrible, MoP is the second best expac thus far, if not the best. Also, purely in terms of gaming mechanics, WoW has never been better than it is right now.

The only reason I don't currently have an active account is because I have too many other games in my backlog that I need to chip away at.

Madame Adequate
12-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah MoP was way way better than I was expecting and WoW has honestly never been better than it is right now.

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2012, 11:41 AM
My laptop can run WoW. Maybe I should get WoW.

NeoCracker
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, I think I can now add Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker to my list. :p

Bolivar
12-20-2012, 03:41 AM
I'm not debating with you in some attempt to make you buy it by any means.

Yeah but you may have just convinced me to check it out, I'm gonna be anticipating this game for 2013!!!

Flaming Ice
12-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Laguz are not in. Apparently they don't support completely unique classes like the Laguz or the Soldier/Halberdier (Nephenee is a Knight now :().

She doesn't even seem like she'd fit as a knight but if Brom's in they'd go good together :)

Also, there's a limit of 20 DLC characters at any time on your party (while there are over 120 characters just through SpotPass, and more through StreetPass and paid DLC, apparently [although some are duplicates, you can get Lyn with her paid DLC chapterrs, or as a SpotPass character in the FE Blazing Sword pack]). They are more than challenge map characters, as they show up on the world map and can be rerecruited if they fall (they'll eventually show up on the map again.

That's about as much as I can tell about it without playing the game.

Oh, and it's now officially gotten its NA title, which is new since the last time I looked it over. Fire Emblem Awakening.

Ah, sounds good, except for the undead enemies that are supposed to be in -.-

Double attacks look interesting too