PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Raider Trailer Released!

Night Fury
12-13-2012, 03:26 PM
New Tomb Raider Trailer Released!

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/03/tomb-raider-voice-actress.jpg

A new Tomb Raider trailer has been released by Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix as an early Christmas present to all the fans who are eagerly awaiting this addition to the series.

It’s all looking very dark and eerily tense for Lara in this cinematic trailer which shows different scenes from throughout the game combined with gameplay clips.

The opening of the trailer shows Lara struggling to find her footing on a sky-scraping communications tower. We watch as it starts crumbling beneath her, and it only gives us the sense that this game is going to have these scary and unknowing undertones from beginning to end.

It would be no surprise to see this game become a bestseller next year, and to top the charts and ratings as from what has already been released; it is looking like a terrifying adventure awaits Lara.

With just over three months until the game is released, fans are starting to get impatient so perhaps this trailer will keep them satisfied for a little while longer.

Tomb Raider is set be released on the 5th March.

KwfdPT0ojgk

Goldenboko
12-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Assuming the gameplay is intuitive, this game looks like it will be very good!

Night Fury
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I am very excited for this game! I can't wait :D :D hurry up March is all I can say!

Shauna
12-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Gotta admit, it looks pretty cool. It is looking less like it'll be TORTURE LARA: THE GAME which is nice.

Her accent is abysmal though.

Futan
12-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Can't watch the trailer right now but I like these words you used: very dark and eerily tense. Definitely has me interested. I'll watch the trailer once I'm home. :3

Night Fury
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
the trailer is excellent Futan! You will not be disappointed.

And Shauna, I agree, I think the people who have been on the campaign have realised the fans want to see less of that and more of what's in the newer trailer!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-13-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this games release! The trailer sealed the deal for me, so thanks for sharing this. Perhaps I should pick up the HD collection of previous games to help get in the mood? I think I will.

Futan
12-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Just watched it. It does look pretty epic. :jess: Looks like it's half stealth and half action. Kind of reminds me of Splinter Cell: Conviction. Although I don't mean that in a bad way. SC:C is 'bad' because of how it abandoned the predecessors' pure stealth gameplay. The game itself is actually fun in it's own way(Itshouldn'thavetheSplinterCellnamethough:-/). The point I'm badly making is it looks fun and I'll probably get it. :)

Crop
12-14-2012, 01:01 AM
I've been a fan of Tomb Raider since 1, and I know I'm not alone in saying I haven't enjoyed a Tomb Raider since Revelations, but I have to say this is looking pretty decent.
The only thing I'm hating is her voice, I really really don't like it...but regardless I'm cursed to buy every Tomb Raider game until the end of time, much like Final Fantasy.

DMKA
12-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Oh hell yes, it looks awesome.

I bet a lot of longtime fans are going to hate it though, seeing as it doesn't resemble classic Tomb Raider in the least bit.

In fact, it looks like it plays very closely to Uncharted, which is funny considering how many people said Uncharted resembled Tomb Raider when it first came out.

Crop
12-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh hell yes, it looks awesome.

I bet a lot of longtime fans are going to hate it though, seeing as it doesn't resemble classic Tomb Raider in the least bit.

In fact, it looks like it plays very closely to Uncharted, which is funny considering how many people said Uncharted resembled Tomb Raider when it first came out.

I'm a longtime fan and I disagree with this. The reason I haven't enjoyed a Tomb Raider since Revelations is exactly because they didn't try and evolve with the times (Underworld being one of the most obvious examples).

I've said for a while now that Uncharted is the kind of game Tomb Raider should have turned into a long time ago, and I'm happy to see them trying another direction.

DMKA
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm a longtime fan and I disagree with this. The reason I haven't enjoyed a Tomb Raider since Revelations is exactly because they didn't try and evolve with the times (Underworld being one of the most obvious examples).

I've said for a while now that Uncharted is the kind of game Tomb Raider should have turned into a long time ago, and I'm happy to see them trying another direction.
Well you sir, are different than most of the long time Tomb Raider fans I know. They all seem to hate from The Angel of Darkness forward because they don't "feel like" the PS1 games, particularly due to the fact that there's no actual tomb raiding going on.

That's not to say that there aren't plenty of legitimate reasons to hate The Angel of Darkness, which I still believe delivered a mighty blow to the franchise in terms of cultural significance.

I also don't know what you mean when you say Underworld was behind the times. Care to elaborate?

Bubba
12-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree with DMKA in that it is very much in the Uncharted mold. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that either. If it can get anywhere near as high quality as Naughty Dog's efforts then it will definitely be worth a playthrough.

Crop
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM

Well you sir, are different than most of the long time Tomb Raider fans I know. They all seem to hate from The Angel of Darkness forward because they don't "feel like" the PS1 games, particularly due to the fact that there's no actual tomb raiding going on.

That's not to say that there aren't plenty of legitimate reasons to hate The Angel of Darkness, which I still believe delivered a mighty blow to the franchise in terms of cultural significance.

I also don't know what you mean when you say Underworld was behind the times. Care to elaborate?
I agree with your comment about AoD, the fact that it was the first Tomb Raider not on the PS1 also didn't help at all.

I'm not quite sure what these fans you know are talking about. Underworld is like a modern day version of what the old Tomb Raiders were like, puzzles, traps, tombs, treasure. They should play that.

You misunderstand, I don't mean Underworld was behind the times, I mean it didn't evolve. Underworld was exactly what Tomb Raider fans were asking for - the style of the old games for the modern era - and it didn't come across very well. It was as if the designers were out of ideas, rehashing the same ideas from the PS1 era doesn't work. We've seen it all before.

I'm not a fan of reboots by a long way, but I think it's the best thing that can happen to Tomb Raider. The fact that it's been in decline since Chronicles should prove that. I guess some fans just really miss the old era (don't get me wrong, I can still pick up TR2 today and rank it as one of my favourite games), but it's time to look forward and try a new direction, and if it really is like Uncharted, then it's a direction that's been proven to work.