PDA

View Full Version : WILTY? Game 1 Audience Thread

Citizen Bleys
12-13-2012, 07:53 PM
ITT discuss the ongoing game of Would I Lie To You?, preferably to mock the players.

The players aren't allowed to view this thread while play is ongoing, but they'll be able to come back and read it afterwards, so don't say anything you'd be upset if they knew you said :)

But wait, there's more! There's a prize up for grabs for audience members. As play proceeds, you can make predictions of your own; use the same tags as the captains (##Vote: Lie and ##Vote: Truth). Your first vote in each phase will be tabulated, and whoever gets the most correct guesses wins 100 gil from me (This isn't an official award, so you'll have to open a trade in Triple Triad to claim). If there's a 2-way tie, I'll post a tie-breaker statement of my own, but if there's more than 3 people with the same number of correct guesses, random.org will decide the winner in the interest of expedience.

EDIT: Audience predictions for each phase have to be sent before the captain's official vote; I'll check timestamps, though, and if a prediction is made less than 5 minutes after the official vote, I'll assume you were typing when the official vote went in and count it.

This is the trial run of WILTY? to decide if a) this should become a recurring event on an annual or bi-annual basis, and b) if so, how many games per run should be played. If you have input on whether you want this to recur and/or how many games, post it in here. The final decision on that goes to the Events Committee, but any input makes the decision easier to make.

Predictions Tally
Psychotic: 0
The Man: 0
Uncle Big Hands NeoCracker: 0
Madonna: 2
Quin: 1

NeoCracker
12-13-2012, 08:06 PM
The players are a bunch of wankers.

That'll give em' something to read upon their arrival here.

Psychotic
12-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Whatever Raistlin says is a lie :colbert:

I mean, I guess I'll wait to see what he posts like a normal person would before actually making a prediction but I'm predicting that my prediction is that he is a LIAR.

NeoCracker
12-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't think Raistlin would refer to it as Scrotum.

...I don't know why.

Citizen Bleys
12-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm glad I know the answer, because I really would not want to do a forums search for +"scrotum" +"raistlin"

The Man
12-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Neither would I, so I won't bother :monster: If someone else does it, feel free to let us know what you come up with :monster:

NeoCracker
12-13-2012, 11:13 PM
What would be really funny is if you sent that to Raistlin to say as a lie, but it turns out he really did have a birthmark on his Scrotum. :p

Citizen Bleys
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM

I guess we know what he's searching for.

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
My money's on lie. Raistlin would not send a PM to Bleys telling him anything regarding his wrinkly balls. Then again, he knows that we know he would, so maybe he did? :eek:

Citizen Bleys
12-13-2012, 11:43 PM
That's blatantly WIFOM, Quin.

NeoCracker
12-13-2012, 11:44 PM
To elaborate a little, I think if Raistlin was going to say 'Scrotum' he would have been a bit more elaborate and technical with the whole thing.

Given how short it was, I think he was more likely to just say 'I have a birthmark on my dick/cock/penis' if he was going the simplistic route.

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2012, 11:49 PM
I never knew there existed such an acronym. Great film, that.

Citizen Bleys
12-14-2012, 01:23 AM
This has officially become horrible.

I can't even make fun of Wesley now due to the necessity of staying neutral--anything I say could be read as a hint from the only other person who knows if he's lying or not.

BTW, I set the thread title before I rolled the numbers to pick a statement for him to read. The horrifying implications were not intentional.

EDIT: it seems I'm fortunate in captains

Psychotic
12-14-2012, 08:43 PM
##Vote: Lie

Fuck. this. Shit.

Mercen-X
12-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Am I supposed to understand this? I am lost like the passengers of 815.

EDIT: !!! Oi. Never mind. I figured it out. I should try reading.

The Man
12-15-2012, 04:58 AM
##vote lie

if anything wesly said in that is true i will be completely shocked

Citizen Bleys
12-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Am I supposed to understand this? I am lost like the passengers of 815.

EDIT: !!! Oi. Never mind. I figured it out. I should try reading.

That's at least 2/6 players who didn't realize they weren't allowed to read this thread, but at least Formalhaut didn't post in it xD

Mercen-X
12-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Yeah. Instead of editing that, I could have deleted it. But then my line about the 815 would go unappreciated... Xp

Citizen Bleys
12-15-2012, 07:45 AM
I don't know how to interpret the fact that everybody thinks that that abomination of a statement sounds like something I'd write.

The Man
12-15-2012, 07:51 AM
It's a lot less of a stretch to assume that you'd make up something like that than to assume that that would actually be true in WesLY's case, much less all the other stuff he said :monster:

Quindiana Jones
12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Jesus. Fucking. CHRIST.

NeoCracker
12-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Brushing Raist's creepy scrot asside, this next story just sounds manufactured.

The specific detail of 'bad english' seems odd. Comes across as if he had sat down to think about it before writing that all out.

Quindiana Jones
12-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Rantz not knowing the proper terminology makes me think this is a lie. Not to mention everything else. :D

NeoCracker
12-15-2012, 04:15 PM
So his dad is a 'Political Scretary' Who only deals in domestic affairs, but his international holidays are taken in part for political interest?

If the 'employers' are purely local, with only a few neighboring cities, what possible political interest could a vacation to china have for them?

Quindiana Jones
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I think Rantzien could have made me believe the spotty bollock one, while Raistlin is much more suited to this lie. xD

NeoCracker
12-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Knowing Raistlin though, this is likely to have come up in one of the money civil rights threads by this point. :p

Citizen Bleys
12-15-2012, 06:50 PM
So his dad is a 'Political Scretary' Who only deals in domestic affairs, but his international holidays are taken in part for political interest?

If the 'employers' are purely local, with only a few neighboring cities, what possible political interest could a vacation to china have for them?

It was his dad's political interest, not his dad's employers' political interest

((Pondered not answering, but this doesn't really violate neutrality since I only know True or False--the details provided by the players in-game are as new to me as to anyone. I didn't ask for any details on true statements or invent any on lies.))

NeoCracker
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Well, I'd be asking what exactly his dad's Political interest is then. :p

The Man
12-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm having a somewhat hard time believing this too but maybe I just think everyone is a lying scumbag in games like this. :monster:

Citizen Bleys
12-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Naturally. That is the name of the game. The only time a player has to tell the truth about anything is if I select one of their true statements.

Apropos of nothing, remember that Rantz's goal here is to make Jiro, Mercen-X, and Formalhaut guess wrong. Guesses in this thread have no influence on whether he wins or not. *not obvious WIFOM*

EDIT: No predictions for Phase 2, so Psy and Freedo are still in a dead heat for the win with zero points each. Well done.

Update: so TB noticed something that wasn't meant to be unclear. Faced with clarifying the matter for everyone or allowing her to potentially have an advantage due to her own sagacity, I made a command decision in favour of the latter. Which decision do you think is more neutral?

Obviously I'm not sure or I wouldn't be asking. Any opprobrium I accrue as a result of this call is condign.

Quindiana Jones
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Either this one's a lie or Sam is dumb. :D

The Man
12-17-2012, 10:07 PM
I didn't vote officially but I said I thought it was a lie :<

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Turns out Jiro is also dumb because stuffing is delicious. Oh man, I cannot wait to eat some over Christmas.

I reckon Jiro is lying because I've said lie to everyone now and I may as well stick to what has failed me multiple times before. :D

Citizen Bleys
12-18-2012, 01:17 AM
You haven't actually entered a vote, though :)

EDIT: Damn, this is getting good.

NeoCracker
12-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Imma guess true on this one.

Jiro seems like he came from a conservative backround. :p

Edit: Probably badly worded. Moreso I know how it is to have a very conservative grandma who's views can be infuriating, and that's a pretty realistic thing to happen. :p

Citizen Bleys
12-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Is that official, or just a comment?

Madonna
12-18-2012, 03:47 AM
##Vote: Lie

When Jiro gets wordy, I start suspecting.

NeoCracker
12-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Oh, right, I forgot. :p

Vote: ##True

Citizen Bleys
12-18-2012, 04:52 AM
w00t, opposing votes!

I was starting to think this whole audience thread would wind up being a multiple-way tie with zero points.

Madonna
12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I wish I had realized I could play earlier; I so could have nabbed two points. Now the moment has passed and I will be getting nothing but zeroes for that claim.

Glad to be part of that tie-breaking process, Bleys.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh right, the audience can make votes? Whut? xD

##VOTE: LIE

Goldenboko
12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
This shit is hilarious.

Citizen Bleys
12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
That was the intent :)

Next phase is up PUTTING THIS LINE IN BOLD/CAPS TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME TO DISCERN WHAT VOTES HAVE ALREADY BEEN COUNTED

EDIT (after Mercen-X's statement): I think regardless of how this round turns out, I will from this day forth refer to all troutty gifts as Nazi Skull Helmets and explain nothing about the origin of the term.

EDIT2: OK this is already my favourite Phase in the game xDDDDD

Jiro
12-21-2012, 04:19 AM
I picked Mercen-X for a reason.

Citizen Bleys
12-21-2012, 04:30 AM
A shrewd choice indeed. I haven't been able to stop laughing.

Part of that is because of the lack of any explication in TB's first post, though. Any text added to that post would only detract from the hilarity.

Madonna
12-21-2012, 08:23 AM
##VOTE: LIE

He could have been a contenda.

NeoCracker
12-21-2012, 12:17 PM
I could see Mercen ex doing that.

##Vote: True

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 01:54 PM

Each team consists of one captain, one person who was selected at random, and one person who was selected for merit. I did not do this on purpose, but I'm delighted it turned out that way

Does that make me the random-er of the team?

Citizen Bleys
12-21-2012, 05:09 PM

Each team consists of one captain, one person who was selected at random, and one person who was selected for merit. I did not do this on purpose, but I'm delighted it turned out that way

Does that make me the random-er of the team?

No, each captain made two choices. I meant two of the four players were selected based on the strengths of their true statements, and two were selected by random.org -- that's the random vs. merit part.

A player that only one captain chose got sent to that captain, and anybody unselected or that both captains chose was assigned to a team by random.org.

Mercen-X
12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
So then it's possible either Raistlin or TB are a random.

He makes me feel loved.

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
So then it's possible either Raistlin or TB are a random.

He makes me feel loved.

:(

Shauna
12-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Man, I have never heard of lighters being complicated. xD Two buttons? Pssssh.

Perhaps America-land has more complicated lighters than UK, I've actually never had any issue in my entire life for getting a lighter to start up, nor have I ever heard of one having a child lock.

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Perhaps they were too busy making sure their lighters were safe rather than focusing on their gun safety laws. I have never heard of a child lock in my life.

Citizen Bleys
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Man, I have never heard of lighters being complicated. xD Two buttons? Pssssh.

Perhaps America-land has more complicated lighters than UK, I've actually never had any issue in my entire life for getting a lighter to start up, nor have I ever heard of one having a child lock.

Some of them (Bics) in Canada do; lately they have a little metal plate elevated just a bit above the flint wheel so you have to push down really hard to get them to light. They can easily be pried off, though, and there are lots of non-childproof lighters on the market. It could be different in the US.

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Who'd have thought the US would be careful with lighters. Makes the UK over here look like bona fide pyromaniacs.

Mercen-X
12-22-2012, 01:24 AM
It probably had to do with kids like me, my brother, and my dad and his brothers. My dad burnt down his garage as a kid. My brother torched our couch. I burnt down our apartment.

Madonna
12-22-2012, 08:10 AM
##VOTE: TRUE

May as well mix it up once in a while.

Jiro
12-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Australia has safety lighters too, really sucks. Although they're not as safe as the US ones I'd say, I've still burnt myself a lot and almost set myself on fire.

Formalhaut
12-22-2012, 05:03 PM
So the consensus is that lighters definitely have the capability of setting things on fire. This practically just disproves what Tifa's Boobs had to say.

Citizen Bleys
12-22-2012, 05:12 PM
So the consensus is that lighters definitely have the capability of setting things on fire.

It was either an accidental fire or one done on purpose.

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm giggling like a little school girl now.

Citizen Bleys
12-23-2012, 06:19 PM
No score for the audience either this phase.

Jinx
12-23-2012, 07:02 PM
So the consensus is that lighters definitely have the capability of setting things on fire. This practically just disproves what Tifa's Boobs had to say.

What in the actual fuck? I never said anything like this.

It was one thing you and Shauna made fun of me for my lighter statement, but after Bleys affirmed they do have a lot of lighters like that in the US, you felt the need to make this statement, when I never said anything like this?

Shauna
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
I never intended to make fun. :p I was just genuinely pretty whut over lighters having child locks. xD

Formalhaut
12-23-2012, 09:40 PM

What in the actual smurf? I never said anything like this.

It was one thing you and Shauna made fun of me for my lighter statement, but after Bleys affirmed they do have a lot of lighters like that in the US, you felt the need to make this statement, when I never said anything like this?

You made lighters having child locks as one of the main points against me! I believe it was the second point, and also the largest point. What I'm saying is, your point is moot.

I'm with Shauna. I've never seen a child locked lighter in my life. I do have a candle lighter with a child lock though.

Edit: And I'm still waiting for a answer over the Secret Santa Sam...

Citizen Bleys
01-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Calling for volunteers to replace in for Team Formalhaut

If there's a response to this thread while I'm still at work, I'll take the first person to respond, if not I'll start PMing people who have signed up to play.

No true statements are needed to replace in since it'll be Team Rantz in the hotseat for the final round.

Formalhaut
01-02-2013, 11:52 PM
My word, the audience must have got bored and left, last post was the 23rd!

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Wake me if you need me, Bleys.

Citizen Bleys
01-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Quin's in, then.

NeoCracker
01-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Not so much bored, I had been working on two other projects I'm running on this site, and lost focus. XD

The rest of them probably bored, yes. :p

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Oh shit, pressure's on! Wait. Should I not be commenting here now? xD

Citizen Bleys
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
It's only in the final round you'll have to avoid this thread. Until Rantz makes his vote, Team Formalhaut is allowed in here, then the teams switch.

In retrospect, I don't think the "no players in this thread" rule really contributes much to the game and future presenters might even do away with it entirely. The only reason I'm not is that it was in place at the start and changing the rules in round 4/5 is decidedly non-neutral.

Formalhaut
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
To be honest, I've broken the rule so many times it's as if it wasn't there. Sorry. :(

As an aside, either:

A) Mercen is telling the truth

or

B) Bleys must have been either high or very depressed when writing that statement

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Just realised that Lynx auto-wins the audience competition at this point, since Quin's playing and can't guess in this thread anymore, so the maximum number of points any non-Lynx player can get is one.

PM me when you've created the trade so I don't miss it.

Formalhaut
01-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Where's the audience gone?

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Game length > attention span.

It's not as much fun when you're not playing.

NeoCracker
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
...Yeah, I spaced this thing existed. :(

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
At first I thought this sounded like a lie because of how Quin pointedly mentioned the name of Howard's children and the fact that he's a Buddhist - facts that aren't too hard to find out from a simple search - in a sort of unnatural way that a person who does know him probably wouldn't. But then, I like to think Quin is a bit more clever than that and might be doing that specifically to seem like he's lying when he's actually telling the truth. I also think it seems like an unlikely statement to be used as a lie, seeing as you'd need to live in England for it to be plausible, and I think the statements Bleys appoints are picked randomly. This could be wrong, though.

Thoughts, team?

Somebody didn't read my #136 (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/147242-would-i-lie-you-game-1-sudden-death-2.html#post3186094)

Although in all fairness I have done a pretty shit job of matching lies to players.

Mercen-X
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
It's worked out well for me thus far.

I almost voted on Quin's statement myself.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Hahaha, you and your WIFOM. Loving it.