PDA

View Full Version : Building things

Pike
12-13-2012, 08:56 PM
I am about to build a new computer :)

When was the last time you built something?

Minecraft counts

Balzac
12-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I build stuff in 3d all the time.

Madame Adequate
12-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm building a worker's state that extends to the four corners of the world. :)

Jinx
12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
I built the furniture in my bedroom. I AM GOOD WITH HANDY TOOLS.

Heath
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
The last thing I built was a tower out of spaghetti for an ice breaker exercise at a conference I went to. It collapsed and I'm surprised the marshmallow we had to balance on top didn't get eaten. It was slightly depressing when you found out which demographic was the best at this particular activity (young children). (http://www.ted.com/talks/tom_wujec_build_a_tower.html)

In terms of wanting to build stuff, it takes quite a bit of mental self-restraint to stop me going into the Lego shop in Liverpool One and emptying the contents of my current account. I want a Lego Star Destroyer in my living room :D It'd be the best use of £250 ever.*

*Probably not.

Futan
12-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Did pretty much the same thing a couple weekends ago. Forgot to take a decent pic at the time so here's a half assed one I took later. XD

http://img.darkerthanblack.net/wc0.jpg

The dye still hasn't distributed evenly. :-/

Chris
12-13-2012, 11:49 PM
I can seriously not remember when I last built something. Anything. Actually, I don't think I have ever built anything myself. :(

Jiro
12-14-2012, 01:24 AM
If we switch the word "built" with "assembled" then I have assembled my wardrobe today, and I don't mean as in the place you put clothes or even building a collection of clothes; no, I mean I got dressed. Well, half dressed I guess. Can't even do that right, oh man :(

Citizen Bleys
12-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Happypeepeehead once expressed incredulity that I could make something other than poop.

When I tried to build a model Se5a WWI fighter, I couldn't figure out how to get the decals off of the paper, since they were of a type that slides of when wet and I'd never seen before. After picking at them like a normal sticker failed, I tried everything I could think of, which did not include water, but did include fire.

My Se5a looked like it had experienced a run-in with Manfred von Richthofen.

Freya
12-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Well if minecraft counts, I built a mine shaft the other day!

In real world things, I built a table for my plants!

Raistlin
12-14-2012, 03:18 AM
If assembled counts, then I put together my desk a while ago. Otherwise I can't even remember the last thing I built.

Slothy
12-14-2012, 03:23 AM
I have a half built Warhammer 40k model that I've been converting to resemble a Starcraft marine instead.

Also, play games with me Pike!

Pike
12-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Also, play games with me Pike!

LET'S DO IT.