PDA

View Full Version : World Ends With You Sequel on Wii U?

Formalhaut
12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Now that the title has grabbed your attention, lets begin.

I don't know why, but were TWEWY to have a lovely sequel, would you think it would be a great idea to have it on the Wii U?

Think about it. One player could be Neku (or whoever is the protagonist) and use the touch screen pad to control his actions with the touch screen, while the other can control the partner with the Wii remote with the directional buttons.

If there's only one player there, he can use the touch screen and the directional buttons on the touch screen pad.

I might be completely wrong, but that would be a great idea.

Skyblade
12-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I hate the idea.

I really like the world and setup of TWEWY, but my gosh, the gameplay was horrible, due almost entirely to the extremely gimmicky nature of it. Drop the touch pad idea, and go back to DPad and buttons, and we'll talk.

Elly
12-15-2012, 08:43 PM
yeah, i dont like the idea of TWEWY being turned into a 2 player game, i love the original and how you control both characters yourself... they should keep it on the DS or 3DS as a single player game if a sequel were to happen...

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 02:09 AM
This is probably why I'm not a games designer then. :(

Del Murder
12-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Well, Formal, I think the idea is pretty cool. I would not like TWEWY turned into a more traditional RPG since that will cause it to lose some of its charm.

Skyblade
12-16-2012, 04:24 AM
I wouldn't want to see it turned into a traditional RPG, no, but I don't see why they felt the need to force touch screen control, which is the weakest part of the battle system. It's imprecise, tetchy, and makes movement clunky and borderline useless.

The control setup you use for your partner is far smoother, and could easily be adapted to control both characters that way, making gameplay more fluid and more fun.

maybee
12-16-2012, 05:18 AM
It would be better for the second part to be on the 3DS because the original was on the DS and it's fans most likely jumped to the DS to 3DS.

Putting it on the Wii U would most likely tick the fans off because of the console jumping.

Edge7
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Don't worry Formal, I like the idea!

And Skyblade, I personally preferred the touch screen combat to the buttons. There were just so many ways to execute attacks, I found it addicting.

Del Murder
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
I thought TWEWY was one of the better uses of the DS touch screen. Of course, I did scratch the smurf out of my screen playing that game.

Formalhaut
12-17-2012, 01:09 AM
While the odd pin had some strange controls, for the most part I loved the touch screen segments. I liked Shiki and Joshua's partner actions, but I could not quite comprehend Beats...