PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Game of the Year Competition

Hollycat
12-16-2012, 06:14 AM

I know we've had a smorgasbord of events over the last few months to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy, but while the ciddies may be over, I'm afraid the festivities haven't ended yet!
Hello there, and welcome, to the first annual Eyes on Final Fantasy Game of the Year Competition. My name is HC, and I will be your MC for this event. Rather than just having the staff choose the games worthy of these awards, we are going to decide our game of the year winners together!

The rules are:

You can nominate three games for each category.
You can send in your nominations by private message to me, up till Saturday the 22nd of December.
You can nominate any game released after December 31st 2011.

Our categories are:

Best PS3 Exclusive

Best XBOX Exclusive

Best Wii Exclusive

Best PC Exclusive

Best Handheld game

Worst game of the Year

Game of the Year

This is the first year this event has been held at EoFF, so let's try to make it a success! A small competition this year can become a huge event next year, but only if you participate, so send in your noms!

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh this is a fantastic idea HC! Perfect. I'm definitely in. I'll have to think of games though, because I don't own an Xbox 360 so I'll wrack my brains don't you worry! :)

Del Murder
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Great idea, HC. I'll be sure to get my nominations in when I have time.

Agent Proto
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Why do the PS3 and XBOX have exclusive awards and the other consoles don't?

Hollycat
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Why do the PS3 and XBOX have exclusive awards and the other consoles don't?
Because you touch yourself at night.
Also, because 500 votes for Xenoblade chronicles and none for anything else doesn't make for entertaining awards.

You don't have to send in for all categories, I know not everyone has everything.

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
I would have liked a few more categories as well, maybe like:

Most disappointing release - A game which was highly anticipated, but just fell flat (*cough* RE6 *cough*)
Most innovative release - A game which makes people go "oooh that's interesting"
Best iOS/Android release - Because gaming has evolved into phones. Not that I'd know since I don't have a smartphone...

I am really nitpicking though; I love this event!

Del Murder
12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
We can always make adjustments for awards next year. Let's just run with the categories as they are now.

Hollycat
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
That was the plan. I knocked off a whole row of awards because I want to see how interested people are in this. Any chance of a sticky?

Aulayna
12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Trying to think of games for this made me realise I haven't really played many games this year as the games that were coming to mind were the likes of Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Mario Kart 7 - all of which came out last year xD

Faris
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I'll get to this tomorrow :love:

Wolf Kanno
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Trying to think of games for this made me realise I haven't really played many games this year as the games that were coming to mind were the likes of Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Mario Kart 7 - all of which came out last year xD

This was my issue, I realized I've only played maybe three games that actually came out this year, everything else is from a year or two ago. I'm sad that Xenoblade will probably not get anything since X-Com or Guild Wars will most like win Game of the Year and there is no Wii category. :(

Hollycat
12-16-2012, 11:54 PM
By popular demand, Wii has been added.

Futan
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I realized I didn't play a single game that came out in 2012. lol. Just Googled everything to come up with nominations. >___>

EDIT: Owait. I'm lying. I played a tiny bit of Borderlands 2 and a lot of FIFA 13.

escobert
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
GW2 > all ;)

Formalhaut
12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Okey Dokey then, let's do it. And yes, I know I'm meant to send it in via PM, but I just wanted everyone to know how little I know about brand new games! It's pathetic, I only put down three games, two of which I have never played. Nevermind, I'll send this in a PM anyway.

Best PS3 Exclusive

Very quiet gaming year for me in general, particularly for large consoles. I actually only bought one game this year for the PS3, and that was Final Fantasy XIII-2, and that wasn't an exclusive. I suppose then... eh. I don't know. I'll leave it.

Best XBOX Exclusive

Don't even own an Xbox 360. So I have no clue. Again. Leave it.

Best Wii Exclusive

Well... uh.... I do own a Wii, but I didn't purchase any games for it this year... So.. yeah...

Best PC Exclusive

The Sims 3 doesn't count annoyingly and the only other game I've really played is Empire Earth I & II, both obviously don't fit into this year. Again. Leaving it. Starting to sound like a theme running right?

Best Handheld game

FINALLY. Well, I happen to love my 3DS and I currently have 4-5 games exclusively for it, barring any DS convertible ones. I'm torn between Mario Kart 7 and.. wait hang on. It was released early December. Great. Guess it's...

##VOTE: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Worst game of the Year

This one's easy. The game I have chosen is surprising, but it's so damn formulaic, so carbon copied. Sure, there might be the odd tweak or whatever, but for all intents and purposes it's the same game. Different story. Not to mention the advert I have for it on television is literally just a horde of testosterone fuelled guys all shouting and cheering waiting in line for the game; hardly the nice image of the average gamer. This will be a controversial vote, but it's for..

##VOTE: Call of Duty: Black Ops II

I've got another game, put down here because it didn't follow the success of the original. And based on the review, it's not that good.

##VOTE: Assasin's Creed III: Liberation

Game of the Year

Eh, go on. Guess. It's the only game I've put down that isn't Worst Game of the Year? Do you know what it is yet?

##Vote: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

NeoCracker
12-18-2012, 04:48 PM
I nominated two other games, because I feel they deserve a mention at least, but honestly I don't think it's much of a competion for me.

Xenoblade chronicles is a steller game in pretty much all regards, and the oddly flat faces asside, shows exactly why art direction will always win out over better graphics.

escobert
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
GW2 > all ;)

PC Game of the Year: The Winner - GameSpot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/shows/best-of-2012-videos/?event=pc_winner20121217)

Dr. rydrum2112
12-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Tales of Graces f was quite fun.

NeoCracker
12-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Also, the other two games I submited for Game of the Year were Devil Survivor 2 (My number two choice) and Borderlands 2.

Hollycat
12-23-2012, 03:01 AM
We had almost 15 votes. the new thread will be up soon!