12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Kweh! is the only way to go.

Futan
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM

/thread

Faris
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Hours of that is why it will always be Kweh to me.

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM

/thread

Gamblet
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
WARK! is more amusing but I went with Kweh!

Formalhaut
12-16-2012, 10:17 PM
WARK! sounds as if someone has squeezed a chocobo by the testicles with a vice.

Quindiana Jones
12-17-2012, 01:56 AM
wortwortwort

Elly
12-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Kweh all the way!!!

Jinx
12-17-2012, 02:46 AM
It's always lovely when EoFF agrees on something.

:snuggle::kiss::snog::squeeze:

Jiro
12-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Kweh and Wark are both right imo but if you listen to how they are "voiced" you will see that Wark is the correcter answer

Mercen-X
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
WARK! sounds as if someone has squeezed a chocobo by the testicles with a vice.

Love it.

Tigmafuzz
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Wark is a classic and I love the idea voices that match the appearance of chocobos being giant chicken-ostrich things, but kweh is just so much cuter and makes them so much more LOVABLE

Kweh and Wark are both right imo but if you listen to how they are "voiced" you will see that Wark is the correcter answer

Have you even been to Dali?

Lonely Paper Star
12-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Alternatively, I do use 'wark' more when I'm referring to 'work,' like "Oh, I have to go to wark," or "I'm warking."

Loony BoB
12-22-2012, 11:34 PM
That's like asking which is correct: The or And? It depends on the chocobo and on the situation the chocobo is in. There are moments in the games when it's quite clearly a 'Kweh' sound being made, and others where 'Wark' is the clearer word. "Wark" seems to me to be more commonly used in panic, joy or celebration, while "Kweh" is more likely to be when the chocobo is sad, in pain or perhaps in a situation where it wants to express endearment. I see Wark as the more casual, loud outburst while Kweh is the more personal one-to-one expression used amongst family.

Personally, I adore Kweh for it's use as a loving noise from parent to child, but my major feeling when thinking of chocobos is of them in high spirits (eg. after winning a race), so Wark it is for me!

I still want to know what word(s) to use to describe the three-syllable-sound chocobos make on occasion.

Formalhaut
12-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Let's ask Square Enix for an official translation!

Shauna
12-23-2012, 01:23 AM
The noise they make in FFX cannot be described as wark or kweh. :3

Flaming Ice
12-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Get back to wark slaves!

Jinx
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
That's like asking which is correct: The or And? It depends on the chocobo and on the situation the chocobo is in. There are moments in the games when it's quite clearly a 'Kweh' sound being made, and others where 'Wark' is the clearer word. "Wark" seems to me to be more commonly used in panic, joy or celebration, while "Kweh" is more likely to be when the chocobo is sad, in pain or perhaps in a situation where it wants to express endearment. I see Wark as the more casual, loud outburst while Kweh is the more personal one-to-one expression used amongst family.

Personally, I adore Kweh for it's use as a loving noise from parent to child, but my major feeling when thinking of chocobos is of them in high spirits (eg. after winning a race), so Wark it is for me!

I still want to know what word(s) to use to describe the three-syllable-sound chocobos make on occasion.

dude

Jiro
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM

Wook-ie-woo

Gamblet
12-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Looks like you have done your homework. :lol:

Clo
12-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Kwark.

Loony BoB
12-24-2012, 11:25 PM
dude

Looks like you have done your homework. :lol:
Chocobos are serious business. *serious nod*

Wook-ie-woo
It is a bit like that, yeah! This is my favourite sound by chocobos, actually.

Del Murder
12-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Wark sounds like they have something caught in their throat. Kweh is what all the cool chocobos say.

Goldenboko
12-28-2012, 05:44 AM
KWEEEEEEEEEEH!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Actually neither is the first sound that comes to mind when I think of chocobo's.

FF7- Electric de Chocobo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbUMlerv1ow)

But if it's between the two, Kweh for the same reason Faris mentioned.

Loony BoB
12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Interestingly, I read something (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wark) recently that backs up what I mentioned earlier. =o

In the PSP release Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, the generic male "Clifton" claims: "The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark", not the domestic breed's mild "kweh".

Not exactly the same as what I was thinking, but certainly along similar lines - mild Kweh, boisterous Wark. :)

Jinx
12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I love chocobos, but I'm not sure that a "Wark!" would exactly inspire fear in my heart.

Shorty
12-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I have to go with wark, strangely because I agree with Daniel's sentiments.

Tigmafuzz
12-30-2012, 04:04 AM
So chocobos wark to scare predators and such, and kweh when they want to bo fed? I wonder if a domesticated chocobo ever learns to wark?

We need a Final Fantasy Monster Rancher.

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 12:28 PM
When a wild animal senses a predator, it rarely speaks out to frighten an enemy - it is on some occasions to give a quick shock to the enemy and stop it in it's tracks (I know cats jump backwards when they hear a sudden sound) but normally it's to alert all other animals to the presence of a threat. Birds and monkeys are a great example of this, and as chocobos are birds, well, yeah! Still, Wark isn't only used in battle situations, it's used by wild chocobos (including those you race in FFVII) when they are happy etc. as well!

Shorty
12-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Loony BoB: Your expert in all things chocobo.

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I may have researched this a bit years ago. >_>;

Shorty
12-30-2012, 12:43 PM
oh my god I just had the greatest idea ever

robot chicken

wait for it

robot chocobo

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
http://legioastartes.deviantart.com/art/Robot-chocobo-89601845

Shorty
12-30-2012, 12:50 PM
This is more of what I had in mind.

Nice job trying to make me into a non-genius, though.

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 01:01 PM
No, I liked the idea so much I had to find a picture of it before my mind exploded. :monster:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=robot+chocobo#/d2pdq2o
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=robot+chocobo#/d3c6vo

None seem to be based on Robot Chicken, though, at least none that I can find. :(

Shorty
12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
I do like those other robot chocobos! I just think that something like Dr. Odine or someone whizzzz whizzing and brrrrr brrrring and surgerifying a robot chocobo and then strapping it down to watch Final Fantasy tv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wVogtCHJ70) would be awesome.

I'll stop derailing the thread now. But what noise would a robot chocobo make?

Loony BoB
12-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm torn between Stephen Hawking and a Dalek. Perhaps the former for Kweh, the latter for Wark.

Shorty
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
stephen hawking xD

Skyblade
12-30-2012, 03:50 PM

Wook-ie-woo

Yes. That's it. Better than both Kweh and Wark.

Quindiana Jones
01-02-2013, 01:59 AM
A robotic chocobo in action. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsMZKwqw3w)

Pumpkin
01-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Kweh because Bobby Corwin and Choco were the best chocobos ever and they said Kweh.

My spell check is not liking most of that sentence.

Roogle
01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I usually go with whichever term has been used longer. I think in that case, it is kweh, as that was used from Final Fantasy IX onwards, right? The same thing goes for character names like Aerith and Aeris.

Loony BoB
01-02-2013, 11:12 PM
I usually go with whichever term has been used longer. I think in that case, it is kweh, as that was used from Final Fantasy IX onwards, right? The same thing goes for character names like Aerith and Aeris.
Ah, but both wark and kweh are used simultaneously depending on the chocobo, it seems...

NeoCracker
01-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the IX fan boy in me says Kweh.

The rest of me doesn't give a fuck! :monster: