PDA

View Full Version : MIND FUCKING BLOWN

Jinx
12-17-2012, 04:37 AM
I just discovered on YouTube--if you're waiting for a video to load and get the white circle bubble loader? YOU CAN TOTALLY PLAY SNAKE WITH THAT. Use your directional keys, and the bubbles will turn into a snake! You have to catch the other bubble on the screen!

Flashbacks off the greatest Nokia cell phone game, man. It makes waiting for you video so much more fun.

The Man
12-17-2012, 05:07 AM
I had no idea. More developers should do things like this.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2012, 05:11 AM
I have known this, I think, for longer than you have been alive.

Mirage
12-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome to 4 years ago!

NorthernChaosGod
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I just discovered on YouTube--if you're waiting for a video to load and get the white circle bubble loader? YOU CAN TOTALLY PLAY SNAKE WITH THAT. Use your directional keys, and the bubbles will turn into a snake! You have to catch the other bubble on the screen!

Flashbacks off the greatest Nokia cell phone game, man. It makes waiting for you video so much more fun.

http://i45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/nl54wz.png

kotora
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Using the directional keys just make the screen scroll for me :(

Chris
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I want to take this opportunity to say just how much I hate the new Youtube design. :colbert:

I know it's fashionable to complain about Youtube, but it really is awful.

Jinx
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, no one ever told me. :(

Skyblade
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Using the directional keys just make the screen scroll for me :(

Click the video first, then use the arrow keys. Otherwise the video itself won't be in focus, so it won't get the keyboard inputs.

Also, I'll probably never use this again (I don't tend to have to wait long at all for vids to load), but it's still awesome.

Tigmafuzz
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I think YT first included the loading minigame in early-mid '09 or so. It was glitchy at first so it was always fun (and difficult) to play it even while the video was playing and all the colors and things were going on behind it. Ah, Nostalgia.

It wasn't originally a cell phone game; it was on the BBC Micro, and I'm sure it was around in arcades and such before that. Although the later Nokia versions were definitely more fun and smooth than the originals.

Bubba
12-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I had no smurfing idea this was possible.

My life has taken another step towards becoming complete.

Jiro
12-17-2012, 11:50 PM
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I stopped paying attention because it's kind of like yearly loading times for me

Agent Proto
12-18-2012, 01:42 AM
I think YT first included the loading minigame in early-mid '09 or so. It was glitchy at first so it was always fun (and difficult) to play it even while the video was playing and all the colors and things were going on behind it. Ah, Nostalgia.

It wasn't originally a cell phone game; it was on the BBC Micro, and I'm sure it was around in arcades and such before that. Although the later Nokia versions were definitely more fun and smooth than the originals.

Sam's a noob regarding the true origins of Snake.

Jinx
12-18-2012, 01:44 AM

Sam's a noob regarding the true origins of Snake.

/Sam doesn't really give a shit regarding the origins of Snake

Raistlin
12-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Oh yeah, I remember this. But I had forgotten, so it's good to be reminded. Snake is an awesome game.

Bahamut2000X
12-18-2012, 02:48 AM
I tried to do this but no video would load slow enough for me. T_T

Tigmafuzz
12-18-2012, 06:56 AM
I tried to do this but no video would load slow enough for me. T_T

I seem to remember if you pause a video and repeatedly press the left and down (or left and up?) arrow keys, you can still access the minigame whether the video is loading or not. Although that was at least a year ago, I think. Who knows if it still works that way :foot:

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Where was this during the dial up days?

Jiro
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Where was this during the dial up days?

That wasn't all that long ago for some...