PDA

View Full Version : What if YOU were a Final Fantasy main character?

Red Mage Coffman
12-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Just a little thought I had, what if you were a Final Fantasy character? I don't mean just ANY character though, no, I'm talking the protagonist!

What weapons would you use? What class would you consider yourself? Would you be a soldier? HUH?! WOULD YOU?!

Consider who your party members would be. Give a brief description of them and their personalities. What class would they be? They can be your real friends or some lame creation whipped up in five seconds, just go for it! Also, crossovering is fine. If you want Squall, be my guest.

Who would your antagonist be? Would he pop up out of no where at the end of the game? Would he be some douce bag rival? Or some guy looking for evil, political gain? Tell me about him. And more importantly, make him cool. Like a psychotic clown or something. Crossovering here is fine as well.

SO GO ON. THIS IS YOUR STORY.

noshowmillk
12-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I would either be a Black Mage, Red Mage, or Summoner.

VeloZer0
12-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Probably something like Red Mage or Blue Mage. 100% I am going to be using a sword, but I would feel very vulnerable without the ability to heal myself or have useful abilities to get me out of sticky situations. Generally most classes are weak on their own, I would want something where I could go solo.

Laddy
12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I would be a Red Mage, and I would definitely used a rapier.

I guess I'd be pretty much worthless though.

Lonely Paper Star
12-20-2012, 11:36 PM
I have thought about this with my friends so many times~ :love:

Some of my friends associate me with black mages. I even have a black mage pin and a stuffed black mage chocobo. It began as an inside joke after I lent one of them FFI. She named her characters after our group of friends. The black mage, obviously, was named after me.

As far as weapons go, I think I'd stick to some kind of saber or rapier. A black mage with a sword, whaaat. Well, I have to protect myself somehow if I run out of MP and the enemy starts running at me. Fencing IRL!

I don't think I'd be a "soldier" of any kind. In fact, I don't think any of my party or NPCs would know I had skills in anything fighting-wise until I have to actually use them against an enemy for the first time.

I think I'd make one of my friends who usually tanks when we play MMOs together, a warrior. The first friend I mentioned would probably be our white mage and/or summoner... we always associated her with that just as they associated me with black mage.

Another friend who I play MMOs with plays healer a lot, but since that's taken, he can be red mage... or bard, which seems to be his second favorite class in any game. XD

My other friend insists that if she could, she'd beat up the guys who broke our hearts, so I guess she can be monk. LOL.

And just because I hate him right now, the most recent guy-who-broke-my-heart can be the antagonist. :V ... In real life, he's pretty well-known and well-liked (and fake!) on campus and has held officer/leading positions in a lot of school organizations. He's very involved at the university, so I'd imagine the FF version of him being powerful and influential in the business world, I guess as CEO of a company that has a Dark Secret.

Mercen-X
12-21-2012, 03:27 AM
I would be the best

maybee
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Oh gosh.

If I was the main character, I would feel so sorry for the other party members. Because I'll screw and mess everything up and the villain would win and destroy the world. :G

Jinx
12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh gosh.

If I was the main character, I would feel so sorry for the other party members. Because I'll screw and mess everything up and the villain would win and destroy the world. :G

Sounds no different from every other FF, tbh.

maybee
12-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh gosh.

Sounds no different from every other FF, tbh.

The villain wins in every Final Fantasy ?

Jowy
12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
One-handed straight sword, a sturdy shield, and some good ol' fashioned full plate. I'll keep the pretty healer girl and awesomeguy mage alive.

NinjaCoachZ
12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I imagine I'd be an agile brawler who uses gloves and claws as my weapons. Which unfortunately doesn't leave much in the way of defense, since shields and heavy armour are out of the question. I'll just let my White Mage comrade heal and buff me whenever necessary.

black orb
12-24-2012, 03:58 AM
>>> I would just do the usual.
Pick a sword > kill things > Level up > Gain money > repeat..:luca:

Oh yeah, only girls (and some trap) allowed in my party..

maybee
12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
>>> I would just do the usual.
Pick a sword > kill things > Level up > Gain money > repeat..:luca:

Oh yeah, only girls (and some trap) allowed in my party..

I want this Final Fantasy to happen. I'm picturing it like 300 kind of style. Just slashing monsters everywhere.
:p

THIS. IS. GAIA !

{The ladies would need to be strong and tough though.}

Greatermaximus
12-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Divine Spellcaster gone awry. I'd keep the good guys at bay with magical mind games and traps. Nothing too out of the ordinary I guess.

Del Murder
12-31-2012, 10:54 PM
I would be one of the mad scientists that ingests one of his own experimental potions in order to fight the main party.

Shorty
12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I think I'd be pretty similar to my Dokal character, having a small thief-like rogue/scout class, calling on animals to help in battle as my ability and working a little with magic. My companions would be a strongman type who would protect the party and a healer/magic person to aid as support in battle. Also I would have a permanent little animal companion of some kind like an owl or a white fox.

I like stories where the antagonist isn't immediately known and sortof becomes apparent about... a 1/4 of the way into the story. He wouldn't be a douchebag rival, he would either be in it for revenge of some sort for something that happened to he or a family member a long time ago OR have some strong driving force for whatever his goal is that's selfish in one way or another (like villains do).

Faris
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Most definitely a red mage. There is no way that I would want to jump right into a battle without sending a few fire/ice/thunder/whatever balls at the enemy first. Also the ability to heal would be useful and make my character more independent and self-reliant.

Pumpkin
01-02-2013, 06:03 AM
I would be a black mage. I'm physically weak, I've always used black mages the most and I'm not very confrontational so going to the front lines would be a no no for me.

With that being said, I would be an awful protagonist and leader. When I have a dilemma my first instinct is usually to ask someone else what I should do. I'm not very sure of myself. I also would hate being sent out to do these things all the time and I would probably cave under the pressure of trying to save the world.

Not to mention I would be yelling at all the shop keeps. "What do you mean 25000 for this armor?! I'm trying to save the world! That includes you! Do you think maybe, I don't know, I could get a discount or something?!"

Shorty
01-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I would be a black mage. I'm physically weak, I've always used black mages the most and I'm not very confrontational so going to the front lines would be a no no for me.

With that being said, I would be an awful protagonist and leader. When I have a dilemma my first instinct is usually to ask someone else what I should do. I'm not very sure of myself. I also would hate being sent out to do these things all the time and I would probably cave under the pressure of trying to save the world.

Not to mention I would be yelling at all the shop keeps. "What do you mean 25000 for this armor?! I'm trying to save the world! That includes you! Do you think maybe, I don't know, I could get a discount or something?!"

Nobody is a very strong leader then the game starts, silly - they become one as it goes on!

Bubba
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I would be the first ever pacifist FF protaganist.

I would hit the enemy and hit them hard with a major... and I mean major... leaflet campaign.

Night Fury
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM

I would hit the enemy and hit them hard with a major... and I mean major... leaflet campaign.

So you'd essentially be 'Chugger Class' :colbert:

In my FF, I will take out your kind.

Bubba
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM

So you'd essentially be 'Chugger Class' :colbert:

In my FF, I will take out your kind.

Haha no! Chugger Class is not an option. I would never stop people/enemies and ask them to give to charity.

Actually, if it was anything like a real chugger then enemies would actively avoid any confrontation. It would be like having a permanent Encounter None ability.

In essence, Chugger Class could casually stroll through the entire game...