PDA

View Full Version : The Fated Hour

Jowy
12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Chrono Trigger is great.

What is your preferred order of tying up loose ends before going to save the future?

- Hero's Grave
- Sun Temple
- Ozzie's Fort
- Genocide Dome
- Planting trees
- Giant's Claw / Trial of the Century

I like to pick up Moon/Nova Armour, Shiva Edge, and Valkyrie as soon as possible. Repairing the ruins isn't exactly challenging by any means. Son of Sun rolls over and dies. Ozzie's Fort is just using a mediocre group composition to TwinCharm silly trinkets. Genocide Dome is a barrel of fun and the best spot in the game to level-grind. Sunken Desert is a hellhole and Retinite isn't much fun to fight. The reunion in the forest may be the best scene in the entire game, however. Giant's Claw just sucks.

Sephiroth
12-20-2012, 05:20 PM
You say Chrono Trigger is great but it seems like no sidequest was satisfying for you except the one in the Geno Dome and the reunion, however I don't know if you mean the part in the church when they get Robo again or the part when they camp afterwards and when Lucca finds the time gate. Or do you mean both ?

My favourite sidequest is rescuing Lara which is a part of the church-forest sidequest.

The Lost Sanctuary and Dimensional Vortex of the DS version are actually also rank I for me.

I. Church & Lara Quest
II. Find Magus
III. Black Omen since it is optional
IV. Giant's Claw with the whole Sun Temple/Cave part, which would include the Castle part since the Rainbow Scale is in the cellar then, but the Fake King part itself is not so good in my opinion
V. Return to Magus' Lair with Magus
VI. Return to Cyrus' Grave
VII. Geno Dome

Jowy
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
You say Chrono Trigger is great but it seems like no sidequest was satisfying for you.

My favourite sidequest is rescuing Lara.

I enjoyed all of the side quests, honestly. Except the Giant's Claw. Damn dinosaurs. I was moreso curious about the order in which others go through them.

Sephiroth
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I wrote down in which order I like them the most. There is no particular order for me.

NeoCracker
12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
My favorite thing to do is make it to The End of Time so that I may fight Spekio in his Tadpole state, and then win that Magic tab so that I may give it to Robo, starting already the bat trout insanity that is the Robo Heal master.

I usually try to knock out Genocide dome early, just because of the stat bumps to Robo. :p

That and Ozzies fort for Magus's Gear.

Otherwise it's no particular order for me.

VeloZer0
12-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I usually go:

Magus-Frog-Ayla
Ozzies Fort - Grab the gear and leave
Northern Ruins - Mainly for the Masamune 2
Demons Peak - Get Chrono Back

Magus-Crono-Ayla
Giants Claw & Gaurdia
Sunstone - Get the Rainbow Katana & Prism Dress
Ozzies fort to finish them off
Fionas Forrest
Black Omen - x3 to Charm Prism Helms off Zeal.

Geno Dome gets done last because I don't use Robo, and I often neglect to finish it because the conveyor belt is the best way to level to ** on an emulator and I would like it to be working should the inclination strike me.

Jowy
12-20-2012, 10:24 PM
It's been a while; do all of the bosses respawn on subsequent trips through the Black Omen?

VeloZer0
12-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Nope, only Zeal/Mamon Machine.

Del Murder
12-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I usually do Ozzie's Fort first to get Magus's stuff. After that I do them in no particular order.

theundeadhero
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Pretty much the order you listed is what I do.

Skyblade
01-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I usually go:

Magus-Frog-Ayla
Ozzies Fort - Grab the gear and leave
Northern Ruins - Mainly for the Masamune 2
Demons Peak - Get Chrono Back

Magus-Crono-Ayla
Giants Claw & Gaurdia
Sunstone - Get the Rainbow Katana & Prism Dress
Ozzies fort to finish them off
Fionas Forrest
Black Omen - x3 to Charm Prism Helms off Zeal.

Geno Dome gets done last because I don't use Robo, and I often neglect to finish it because the conveyor belt is the best way to level to ** on an emulator and I would like it to be working should the inclination strike me.

You should get the helms from the shell. If you're doing Black Omen 3x, you can charm three dresses off Zeal, in addition to 3 helms. This gives you six helms (one for everyone except Magus, who has his own helm), and three dresses, one for each female character.

VeloZer0
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
.... which would be what I do when I am thinking straight. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.:eep:

theundeadhero
01-09-2013, 10:07 PM
MY last characters are usually Magus, Ayla, and Frog.

Generally Magus over Crono because I wait until very last to go back and save him if I decide to do so during that play through. Frog and Ayla because they're both strong hitters and they can double tech AOE heal when needed on the last boss. With the two of them the right bit goes down in a single turn between Cat Attack and Leap Slash then Magus does over 2000 damage with Dark Matter on the right bit. Ayla Triple Kicks the right bit for more than that and then Frog will do over 1000 damage with the occasional elixer to get Alya's MP back up.

Jowy
01-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I usually roll Magus/Lucca/Robo for the final battle. Omega Flare can kill second form Lavos in five to six casts; With a Gold Stud to soften the blow of the 20 MP requirement of Flare as a variable, you're looking at very minimal MP recovery overall. Final form, focus down the left bit with physical attacks from all three characters. Defence drops, Magus uses DarkMatter and Robo/Lucca for Double Bomb which hits like a truck. You'll only have to muscle through three casts of Active Life at the most.