PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I had class

Palom Porom
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I know some people only give credit to this game because it was succussfull enough to go on to make one of their favourite Fantasy's. I personally hated FFII. It was boring and the story was bland. I still haven't beaten it, it's sitting there in my PSP, I'm at the mysidia cave. I'm happy it was successful enough to make some coin so the series wet on. But FFI was so enjoyable. It was your journy, not someone else's. Sure it lacked Chocobo's and summons/edilons/whatever but it gave a certain feeling. Now, FFX got X-2 a direct sequel. So did XIII. So when you think of it FFII is a sequel to 1. It's even released together in origons. It was pale compared to it's predeccesor, but not so troutty to kill of the series, thank god. Does anyone like FFI over FFII? Please try and convince me it's good enough to go and finish this bloody game.

Flying Mullet
12-20-2012, 10:49 PM
The main incentive to beating FFII on the origins version is they show you how you can revive Aeris.

Raistlin
12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm a little confused, as this thread seems mostly about FFII. Also I don't see how you go from X-2's and XIII-2's existence to declaring FFII a direct sequel to FFI, when it's clearly not.

Anyway, FFII is the one main-entry FF that I haven't even played. But I assume I would like FFI more because FFI is great.

Palom Porom
12-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm a little confused, as this thread seems mostly about FFII. Also I don't see how you go from X-2's and XIII-2's existence to declaring FFII a direct sequel to FFI, when it's clearly not.

Yes, you're completely right I just mean being the second entry/installment it technically is a sequel, Irrelevant but true in my opinion, seen is how they have zero content to relation, you're right. I'm just saying I never liked it and I loved FFI, and was surprised the FF games continued after it's release. Maybe I should have posted this in the FFII section but, it was about FFI being better than II in my opinion. And thought I'd ask if I am the only one.

Fynn
12-22-2012, 09:11 AM
I is great, but I'm one of the few people who prefer II.

Yar
12-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah I also prefer II, but by no means do I think I is a bad game at all. They are both two of the best in the series if you ask me.

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2013, 01:08 AM
It actually had eight. Or four and their evolutions, technically.

:monster:

NeoCracker
01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
...Me and FF II have issues.

Those issues being I hate it, and it's issues being it's lack of enjoyability.