PDA

View Full Version : [Graphic Design] Help EoFF out! Come up with a Triple Triad template...

Loony BoB
12-21-2012, 10:47 AM
So we want to set up a Triple Triad template that allows for us admins to easily create new Triple Triad sets. We're looking for a template that is different to the default TT layout because we want it to work with EoFFer avatars (amongst other things). Essentially, we're looking to create an EoFF Triple Triad set made up of EoFF avatars and other such EoFF-related images. :)

This means we're looking for something that will allow for the border and numbers to switch between red and blue (instead of the background of the image). Can you help with this? If so, let us know!

Ideally the template will work with Adobe Photoshop as that's what I have! :)

Rantz
12-21-2012, 01:51 PM
What, was mine not good enough? Or Jiro's? C'mon, man :(

Loony BoB
12-21-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't remember any being made that didn't rely on the background changing colour, and in some cases there won't be a background to work with (unless you're also willing to edit in transparent areas to hundreds of images).

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Nothing is good enough for BoB, Rantz.

Jinx
12-21-2012, 02:13 PM
People change their avatars, though. Use their pictures (most of us know what each other looks like) in the art style of the regular TT cards, imho.

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM
People change their avatars, though. Use their pictures (most of us know what each other looks like) in the art style of the regular TT cards, imho.

Only losers aren't identifiable by certain images. If you don't have an image that can represent you, you probably aren't famous enough here for a card. :colbert:

Jinx
12-21-2012, 02:48 PM

Only losers aren't identifiable by certain images. If you don't have an image that can represent you, you probably aren't famous enough here for a card. :colbert:

Fair enough. But I'm still not sure if avatars are the best way to go. But, an image that people can define you with, yes.

Can't wait for my bootay.jpg TT card

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 02:55 PM

Fair enough. But I'm still not sure if avatars are the best way to go. But, an image that people can define you with, yes.

Can't wait for my bootay.jpg TT card

So we want to set up a Triple Triad template that allows for us admins to easily create new Triple Triad sets. We're looking for a template that is different to the default TT layout because we want it to work with EoFFer avatars (amongst other things). Essentially, we're looking to create an EoFF Triple Triad set made up of EoFF avatars and other such EoFF-related images. :)

:)

Rantz
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't remember any being made that didn't rely on the background changing colour, and in some cases there won't be a background to work with (unless you're also willing to edit in transparent areas to hundreds of images).

Always with the hyperboles. :p But sure, I'll give hundreds of images transparent backgrounds once we figure out what these hundreds of images actually are. Jiro and I have said hundreds of times, the card template is the easy part.

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Always with the hyperboles. :p But sure, I'll give hundreds of images transparent backgrounds once we figure out what these hundreds of images actually are. Jiro and I have said hundreds of times, the card template is the easy part.

And has been mentioned back we'd like to have the option of using avatars as well as transparency pics so we need two templates. Stick to the script!

Rantz
12-21-2012, 03:19 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/tt_bob.jpg

Jinx
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/tt_bob.jpg

Bob's a ZERO

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 03:27 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar13745_23.gif

Checkmate theists.

Loony BoB
12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
GB knows the score. Can't see some of the images being posted at work, but not all of them will work so easily when you throw in some transparency. I want options. A simple solution would be to give them a dark blue/red border/numbers, so that way it doesn't matter if they do or don't have the normal hazed background.

Futan
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Not really a serious 'entry', and I was debating whether to post it because of that, but I figured what the hell. Might give people some ideas or some trout. :monster:

The idea was to have 'glass' cards with the avatars and other stuff with a frosted look. Need to be on a darker background for it to show well.

It actually looks kind of good with BoB's avatar, but when you try a darker avatar the frosted look turns to trout. XD And thus ruining any template possibilities.

Again, not practical for a number of reasons but hopefully it will give people some ideas. :x

Jiro
12-25-2012, 02:40 AM
I will make 10,000 cards with transparencies because I don't believe you are actually fucking serious. We've been drawing this thing out for years. TELL ME WHO IS ON CARDS AND I WILL MAKE THEM IN MY STYLE, RANTZ'S STYLE AND YOUR ARBITRARY NUMBERS ARE BLUE/RED WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND STYLE.

Goldenboko
12-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Jiro for the last time this thread is not about the speed at which we've moved on this subject. This thread is about getting a template to deal with avatars like Faris's (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/12550.html) if we wanted to make a card for her. This topic can be moved forward elsewhere (such as the EC or Staff Forum), without continued derailment of a perfectly good thread. It's unbecoming, if you have a problem with the way this is being run, bring it up in all the forums you have access to. I will, I repeat, will be deleting any more off topic comments about this after this post, because I'd still like to see a general template be made. The reason why this thread is here has been addressed time and time again. So cut it out.

Jinx
12-26-2012, 04:56 AM
My card will be boobs.

Futan
12-27-2012, 12:20 AM
While definitely not as purdy, or as finished, I think this might be more what you're looking for, right? Can just paste avatars in nice and easily.

Goldenboko
12-27-2012, 12:33 AM
While definitely not as purdy, or as finished, I think this might be more what you're looking for, right? Can just paste avatars in nice and easily.

This is really good actually, if you could get differing colors for sides (Red and Blue, Black and Current color, etc) that could be useable.

Night Fury
12-27-2012, 12:41 AM
In regards to the design thing, we could always ask members what they feel would represent them on a card.

I'd say a Night Fury for me, perhaps. Or maybe even an artist of the site could draw up some of us from our own pictures... Idk!

Futan
12-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Really feel like something else needs to be done up top but can't think of what. :-/

PSDs attached.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 01:58 AM
My point is that the cards are not 80x80 so every single avatar will be able to fit on the available space.

Goldenboko
12-27-2012, 02:12 AM
My point is that the cards are not 80x80 so every single avatar will be able to fit on the available space.

The size of the Square can be adjusted based on size of avatar I'm sure. I very much like these templates.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 02:50 AM
That's still not my point! You could fit every avatar on the original card template!

Checkmate theists.

I am your God.

And this one took me even less time. Just FYI.

Jinx
12-27-2012, 04:28 AM

Checkmate theists.

I am your God.

this is amazing.

Formalhaut
12-27-2012, 04:37 AM

Just checking the thread as the Event's Committee mentioned progress on the template front. Always eager to see the latest goings on! Looking good Futan, I love the red and blue colours on these as well, especially the shaded effect. Make's them set apart from the VIII enemies, and extra special. Good job! :D

Goldenboko
12-27-2012, 04:46 AM

Checkmate theists.

I am your God.

It looks like crap in comparison to a Futan's because it's awkwardly got a square picture in it. The template for avatar that Futan made is designed for squares images, it's what we wanted. It isn't about time it's about fucking quality. This second template does nothing your existence nor would it stop moving forward on the topic so drop it. Jesus. /rant.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 05:22 AM
THEN WHY NOT FUCKING SAY THAT WHEN I FIRST DID IT. I've been trying to get a straight answer out of you lot the entire time. "Just make a template" is not a directive.

Goldenboko
12-27-2012, 05:33 AM
I said it multiple times in this thread alone to bring it up elsewhere and that this thread is just about getting a template for avatars. :confused:

Jiro
12-27-2012, 05:47 AM

Still has the same problem of being a square. It doesn't change that you'll face the same issues with every non-80x80 avatar out there.

Goldenboko
12-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah, but it looks a lot better to me, being a square in a square, it looks more natural than a square in a flat-space, although that is a personal opinion. You could argue how well the template solves the stated purpose, but not the necessity of the purpose. It's certainly a large step in the right direction, I think we could just manipulate the border to fit different avatars nicely as well, increasing the quality of member-cards.

Night Fury
12-27-2012, 09:15 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mduixuBexh1r5kjl1o1_500.png

Guys. Behave.

Or else.

:doublecolbert:

Loony BoB
12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Futan, I love you. Thanks so much. This thread is getting closed before Jiro and GB start flapping hands at each other.