PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Shipping

Forsaken Lover
12-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Because there is no business more serious than discussing which fictional characters should be with which.

What are your favorite FF pairings?

The only ones I seriously support are Larsa/Penelo and Hope/Vanille.

Jowy
12-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Locke/Celes

THREAD IS OVER.

NinjaCoachZ
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Squall/Rinoa FTW. I don't really do the whole fanon pairings thing.

The Man
12-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Hope/Vanille? Get real, Vanille clearly isn't into guys. In fact she clearly isn't into anyone but Fang.

Celes/Locke, as Jowy said. Also Edge/Rydia and Zidane/Garnet because why not.

VeloZer0
12-21-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm disappointed that this wasn't a thread about the different boats/submarines you come across in the series.

Jiro
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
There was this fantastic series of 'shops showing Hope and Lightning as a thing, which I find hilariously unlikely.

Forsaken Lover
12-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Lightning/Hope is very popular for reasons I don't get. They clearly only had a sibling or vaguely maternal relationship and nothing more.

Then again, Snow/Hope is also quite popular.

NinjaCoachZ
12-22-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm disappointed that this wasn't a thread about the different boats/submarines you come across in the series.

The Blue Narciss was pretty great, and you can't go wrong with the first game's classic canoe. And for a giant school, Balamb Garden makes a pretty decent boat!

maybee
12-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Oh boy.

Firion/ Maria
Cecil/ Rosa
Cedore/ Ursula
Edward/ Harley
Bartz/ Faris
Celes/ Setzer
Edgar/ Locke
Cloud/ Tifa
Aerith/ Sephiroth
Reeve/ Vincent
Squall/ Rinoa
Zell/ Seifer
Selphie/ Sabin. [ Trains ]
Zidane/ Dagger
Tidus/ Yuna
Balthier/ Ashe
Lightning/ Adult! Hope
Vanille/ Fang
Noel/ Serah

And that random crack crackest cracky of the all crack ship just for trouts and giggles. Rikku/ Seifer. Because IDK. I never really want to take shipping too seriously tbh.

Shauna
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Hope/Vanille? Get real, Vanille clearly isn't into guys. In fact she clearly isn't into anyone but Fang.

Damn right. :3

Laddy
12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not into fan shipping either.

Hollycat
12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
fran/penelo/ashe/rikku/vanille/tifa/garnet/rinoa/rydia/fang/serah/yuna is obviously canon .

Madonna
12-23-2012, 05:13 AM
FighterxBlack Mage
LeonxBorghen
DeschxEveryone
CecilxGolbez
BartzxLenna
TerraxEdgar
CloudxMukki
EdeaxSeifer/Squall
BlankxRuby
AuronxRikku
...?
PeneloxLarsa
LightingxHope

Not going to do un-numbered titles since that is entering a black hole.

Jinx
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
HOW HAS NO ONE SAID YUFFIExVINCENT YET??????

Hollycat
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM

Because that shipping sucks harder than a black hole.

The Man
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
At least it's not Snow/Hope or Vanille/anyone who isn't Fang.

Citizen Bleys
12-23-2012, 10:52 PM
FedEx x Purolator

maybee
12-24-2012, 12:33 AM

Because that shipping sucks harder than a black hole.

That's a tad mean.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5h40jAOqC1qg9f9k.gif

Forsaken Lover
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM

Because he obviously loves Shelke.

He's a guy pushing 60 who looks like he's about 20/30 and she's 20 but looks like she's 8. She also has Lucrecia's memories/consciousness in her but unlike Lucrecia, she isn't a total bitch.

They're perfect for each other.

DrAssenov
12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Fran x Balthier
Ashe x Basch
Mustadio x Agrias
Tifa x Vincent
Rinoa x Squall

And my all time crack OTP:
Aeris x Sephiroth

*dodges bricks*

Forsaken Lover
12-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Aeris/Sephiroth is actually quite popular. One of the first ever fanfics I read was about that pairing.

It works quite well if you get a pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth with her.

Or, in one of the fanfics I've long since wanted to write but which I'm certain would be awful because I lack the technical ability to do it justice, where Sephiroth succeeds in killing Cloud and leaves the reactor. He would still be distraught with confusion and thinking he was an Ancient. He'd go to the Shinra HQ, find the records on the last known living Ancient, and go find Aeris. I haven't thought of how they'd get together exactly but that's the premise.

The point is you need the tragic interpretation of Sephiroth and not the bland evil one that is seen in the present time of the game.

DrAssenov
12-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Aeris/Sephiroth is actually quite popular. One of the first ever fanfics I read was about that pairing.

It works quite well if you get a pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth with her.

Or, in one of the fanfics I've long since wanted to write but which I'm certain would be awful because I lack the technical ability to do it justice, where Sephiroth succeeds in killing Cloud and leaves the reactor. He would still be distraught with confusion and thinking he was an Ancient. He'd go to the Shinra HQ, find the records on the last known living Ancient, and go find Aeris. I haven't thought of how they'd get together exactly but that's the premise.

The point is you need the tragic interpretation of Sephiroth and not the bland evil one that is seen in the present time of the game.

Oooo I really like that plot variation there! Imagine him all going to the slums and heck, since they did it twice with Zack and Cloud, have Seph fall through the roof of Aeris' church too. XD

krissy
12-24-2012, 04:15 AM
LIGHTNING X HOPE? AR EYOU GUYS SERIOUS?
SHE'S HIS REPLACEMENT MOTHER
HIS HEART IS OBVIOUSLY SET ON VANILLE

Forsaken Lover
12-24-2012, 04:17 AM
I agree with all of that.

Just look at this scene. They're the sweetest together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YB7Tfa-eNQ

black orb
12-24-2012, 04:23 AM
>>> Firion X Lightning. (this one comes from Dissidia in case you didnt know)..:luca:

Madonna
12-25-2012, 04:59 PM
LIGHTNING X HOPE? AR EYOU GUYS SERIOUS?
SHE'S HIS REPLACEMENT MOTHER
HIS HEART IS OBVIOUSLY SET ON VANILLE
Uh, older woman showing a younger man the ropes, duh. Also? Hero worship confused with sexual attraction. Way better is this than that Vanille nonsense you read.

VincentxYuffie is similar that a younger woman would be dealing with a older man, but you get to deal with Yuffie making bold, bluffing boasts, while eventually Vincent goes over the edge with the beast within. He is almost like a dirty rapist. Insert sadface here.

Pike
12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Locke/Celes

THREAD IS OVER.

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Locke/Celes

THREAD IS OVER.

Jowy really ended all need for further discussion with the first reply, lol.

Crop
12-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Cloud x Mukki clearly,

FFVII is less of a love triangle and more of a love square.

~*~Celes~*~
12-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Edgar/Terra!
locke/celes!
rikku/gippal!

Super Christ
01-09-2013, 08:12 AM
As a warning before I start, I'll have you know that I always pick ones intended to make people cringe. (Sadly, too many people have 'popularized' Aeris x Sephiroth for me to ever use that one.)

Let's start off easy and reiterate one mentioned earlier, Hope x Lightning. Y'know, Hope's at that age where he's at the mercy of his hormones. In many ways, Hope sort of sees Lightning as a surrogate mother, and Lightning probably thinks of Hope as the son she never had. Combine all this tension with their isolation from the rest of Cocoon society and the foreboding dread that they don't have long to live thanks to their Focus... much like Shinji and Misato in Evangelion, the tension no doubt led to one of them making a move in an attempt to comfort the other, and there's no reason to believe that the other rejected it. No doubt, the theory will be confirmed and elaborated upon in the eventual compilation game, Final Fantasy 30.

Bartz x Lenna x Faris x Krile. Bartz is the pimp; women want to be with him, and men want to be him. Ok, not so cringe inducing, but no doubt there's someone who would be offended by it.

Squall x Ultimacea. All she really wants is a little love, and... well, Squall isn't the best place to go for affection. But! At least Ultimacea won't be as creepy a girlfriend as Rinoa sometimes is.

Cecil x Kain. Sure, he leads you to believe that he's jealous of Cecil for getting Rosa, but in all reality, Kain is really jealous of Rosa for getting Cecil. All those times he kidnapped her for Golbez? He was really trying to take out his competition.

Palom and Porom! Their names are alliterative, its perfect! They already bicker like an old married couple.

Kefka x Harley Quinn. Sure, this one breaks the rules by going outside the Final Fantasy series, but let's face it, Kefka has ambition where the Joker lacks it. Terrorize a city? Why not the entire world? And if that's the kind of thing that gets Harley off, then Kefka ought to be her go-to guy.

And not mine, but still the greatest... Matoya x Bahamut. Don't ask what the rat tail was for.

This is harder than I thought, I'll have to try and come up with more.

Jinx
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Palom and Porom bicker like an old married couple because THEY'RE TWINS.

D:

Super Christ
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
And why should that stop them? After all, an old Japanese myth states that if two star crossed lovers commit dual suicide, they get reincarnated as twins. And, they're at that age where, "Oh, he's picking on you? That means he likes you."

Told you I pick cringe inducers. :P

Ouch!
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
The only remotely "fanon" shipping I've ever really supported was Balthier and Ashe, but mostly because their interaction in the latter half of the game takes it a step beyond subtext, even if nothing ever comes of it.

Forsaken Lover
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
And why should that stop them? After all, an old Japanese myth states that if two star crossed lovers commit dual suicide, they get reincarnated as twins. And, they're at that age where, "Oh, he's picking on you? That means he likes you."

Told you I pick cringe inducers. :P

I got no problem with incest shipping myself. There's plenty of Lightning/Serah around too.

Aulayna
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
VanillexFangxSerah

Serah's clearly their little toygirl.

Forsaken Lover
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
The Character Spotlight Rikku" thread reminded me of a popular pairing.
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-final-fantasy/39573d1339823428-character-spotlight-rikku-rikku_yuna.jpg

And then X-2 happened and welp, YRP might as well be a One True Threesome.

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
I may be a littl confused here, but isn't Celes - Locke completely canon? Just because you don't see them saying "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" and "OKAYYYYYY" doesn't mean they aren't blatantly a couple. Someone mentioned Tifa/Cloud, too, and again they quite clearly get it on and start a family together.

As for shipping, I like any courier that offers a website that allows you to know the approximate time of day they expect your parcel to arrive.

Seriously, though, I'm not a massive fan of 'shipping', but I've seen a lot of amusing pictures. An interesting one I saw the other day was Tifa + Basch. Tifa + Balthier also popped up during the FF Ciddies. Both of these sound pretty realistic to me, and they would certainly give Tifa a lot more happiness than emoCloud did in Advent Children. I always chuckle at people who go for Aeris + Red XIII. I wouldn't do that to Red, though. He's too cool for that kinda stuff.

Shauna
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I may be a littl confused here, but isn't Celes - Locke completely canon? Just because you don't see them saying "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" and "OKAYYYYYY" doesn't mean they aren't blatantly a couple. Someone mentioned Tifa/Cloud, too, and again they quite clearly get it on and start a family together.

Indeed. But just because it is canon doesn't mean people can't ship it. :3

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Ah. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. =]

Shauna
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Shipping is essentially just enjoying two characters in a romantic relationship together.

I have been a part of fandom once. I know many things. Many horrible things.

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh! Okay, Tifa and Cloud, then. Just not in Advent Children. =|

Irvine and Selphie could be cute on occasion, I guess.

Uhm... I'm not really too attached to any other duos, actually. For non-canon relationships, I found Edgar and Celes to be more fun/fitting than Locke and Celes, I guess I'm kind of alone in that.

Zell and Pigtails Girl has to happen.

qwertysaur
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
PupuxElixer for life!:kaoclove:

black orb
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
>>> Laguna X Cloud of Darkness, Onion Knight X Terra..

Dissidia couples FTW!..:luca:

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Also VivixQuina
:vivi: :quina:

Mercen-X
01-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Me and Tifa. Me and Yuffie. Me and Ashe. Me and Quistis. Me and Selphie. Me and Rinoa. Me and Fujin. Me and Cissnei. Me and Elena. Me and Dagger. I'm sure you get the picture.