PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Preparations *mistle-toe*

Clo
12-22-2012, 02:13 PM
I feel like y'all need a holiday thread. So I am here, to spread the Christmas cheer: what are you all DOING to get ready for whatever the hell you celebrate? What ARE you doing on the holiday itself? Are you a Scrooge? I imagine yes for many of you. I'm actually a scrooge like 80% of the time, just not right now.

:snowman:

My family celebrates on Christmas Eve, mainly because we started to when I was a baby, and everyone liked it so it stayed that way! So my dad's side of the family all gathers at my aunt's house in the country on Christmas Eve, and I watch my cousins run around like shitheads while my other cousins are terrible parents.

Anyway.

I just received a $150 bonus from work to Wegman's, which has got me SO EXCITED! :excited: I know in the end $150 is not a lot, and I should use the money to buy gift cards to other stores and finish my Christmas shopping for my family, but 150 in groceries and household utilities for myself makes me feel like I can hole up in my apartment for weeks and survive this winter. I CAN LIVE LIKE A REAL ADULT, IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

What about all of you mf's?!

Jiro
12-22-2012, 03:02 PM
We have an undecorated Christmas tree up. I'll do something about that soon, I guess.

escobert
12-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I need to finish my shopping today!

Psychotic
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm a Scrooge until I watch the Muppets Christmas Carol.

Clo
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
We have an undecorated Christmas tree up. I'll do something about that soon, I guess.

I had a conversation recently with a flamboyantly Rocket Man-ish gay man who told me about how he had a neon Christmas tree which instead of garland he used a feather boa.

Jowy
12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Sleeping until noon and watching "A Christmas Story" on TBS. No other plans!

Agent Proto
12-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm such a scrooge this time of year. No gifts for anyone from me. :mad:

Futan
12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Sleeping until noon and watching "A Christmas Story" on TBS. No other plans!

Denmark
12-23-2012, 03:33 AM
i'm a scrooge because it takes less effort, really.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2012, 03:35 AM

They look better that way! Spread the word, start a trend!

Laddy
12-23-2012, 05:27 AM
I rewatch my performance as George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life because I have an enflated sense of self-worth and no friends to share it with.

Shauna
12-23-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm a Scrooge until I watch the Muppets Christmas Carol.

There goes Mister Humbug, There goes Mister Grim (http://youtu.be/KBthi_An5qQ)

I am 100% ready for Christmas. :} Gift bought, decorations up, just need to wait for the day to actually get here! Although there's some small amounts of tidying that have to be done since we shall be entertaining family here. :3

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I may bake gingerbread this afternoon for Christmas. And box it up and gift it, who knows.

Other than that I'm all ready.

Clo
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Muppet Christmas Carol - Marley And Marley - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VsiKOJOXMJU&feature=endscreen)

The greatest characters ever.

Faris
12-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I just bought two bottles of wine. It's going to be a warm and teeheehee Christmas.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
My family also does the celebrating on Christmas Eve. :kakapo:

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/7VSqB.jpg

Miss Lady Shelly
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Well on Saturday i went to a Christmas party at my aunts house. Then on Christmas eve im going to my other aunts house. Then on Christmas day spending the morning with the boyfriends family, then later on in the afternoon going to my grandmas house then at night time going to another aunts house.

Pheesh
12-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Did all my Christmas shopping today, 5 children and a grandmother in 30 minutes /smug

blackmage_nuke
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Did all my Christmas shopping today, 5 children and a grandmother in 30 minutes /smug

The slave market and human trafficking has really streamlined itself

Bubba
12-24-2012, 01:10 PM
My house is decidedly un-Christmassy as my ex took the tree and all the decorations when she left. Me and my new housemate didn't get round to buying new stuff. I'm going to my Mum's tonight though so I'll definitely be in the mood then.

Raistlin
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I've got my shopping done, and yesterday I helped shop for a needy family through a charity my mom does every Christmas.

For Christmas itself, I'll be spending it with my mom and family. There will likely be an inevitable argument about when we open presents; I will pick noon so I can sleep in, and my mom and sister will pick 6-7 (we'll likely compromise somewhere in the middle). You know you're a Grinch when you want to get up for Christmas later than your parents do...

Night Fury
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm so excited for Christmas, regardless of having a crushing weekend, I'm still going to enjoy this Christmas. It's really great spending time with the family, and knowing I can relax for a few days. ANNNNND there's lots of presents under the tree. Which is AWESOME.

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!! :D

Did all my Christmas shopping today, 5 children and a grandmother in 30 minutes :smug:
Just you wait until next year petal /smug

Pheesh
12-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Did all my Christmas shopping today, 5 children and a grandmother in 30 minutes :smug:
Just you wait until next year petal /smug

I know, I have a year to mentally prepare for the insanity that will be Britstralia Christmas 2013 -_-

black orb
12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
>>> Christmas is for children, grow up already people..:luca:

Shauna
12-24-2012, 11:01 PM
uh oh, sounds like we've got a Scrooge over here!

Bubba
12-25-2012, 12:45 AM

If you were one of the seven dwarves... I know which one you'd be.

Pike
12-30-2012, 01:42 AM

If you were one of the seven dwarves... I know which one you'd be.

I BET HE'D BE SNEEZY!