PDA

View Full Version : Cake or Pie?

Pike
12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
This is an extremely important question.

Balzac
12-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Cake or death? Equally important.

Also, depends what cake and what pie.

Futan
12-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Does cheesecake count as cake? If not, neither. :-/

fire_of_avalon
12-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Pie is the only answer. All things in pie form are good. Apple pie. Spaghetti pie. Slang referring to women's genitals pie.

Only a few types of cake are good. Birthday cake. Chocolate cake. After that you have things like yellow cake and urinal cake which are gross bad.

Flaming Ice
12-23-2012, 03:08 AM
Both.....but homemade .....

Denmark
12-23-2012, 03:29 AM
guys guys i think this thread was supposed to be a joke where the setup is "Cake or Pie?" and the answer is "both! so that'd be PIKE (PIe + caKE)"

I think pie, but I'm not sure. I like both.

Flaming Ice
12-23-2012, 03:32 AM
guys guys i think this thread was supposed to be a joke where the setup is "Cake or Pie?" and the answer is "both! so that'd be PIKE (PIe + caKE)"

Leave Pike as a fish :)

Faris
12-23-2012, 03:43 AM
EoFF's first New Year's resolution will be to stop making food threads.

There are more enjoyable cakes than pies but there are some pies are are awesome.

Flaming Ice
12-23-2012, 03:47 AM

That wouldn't go over well....

Agent Proto
12-23-2012, 04:07 AM
For every food thread made, a CK loses a wing.

Answer for this is pie.

Raistlin
12-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Pie is generally superior, though it can depend on the type of pie and cake involved (my mom bakes an excellent chocolate chip cake which outclasses many pies).

Laddy
12-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Cakes are better. Let's be real, here.

Værn
12-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Pizza = pie. I rest my case.

Jiro
12-23-2012, 08:19 AM

No. Why.

Why do you do this.

Somebody please explain it to me. You have a perfectly good name for pizza. It's called pizza. Pies are nothing like that. Hell, you people don't even understand the wonder of a true blue pie. A meat pie. Dessert "pies" like apple pie and whatever are still pie, but pizza... pizza is not a pie. It is not.

Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just fucking ham.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Cake. Fools say otherwise.

Chris
12-23-2012, 10:40 AM
When I visited Norway a couple of years ago, I was introduced to a delicious "Deer Pie", with its delicious meat. It looked VERY similar to this one:

http://pippahunnechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/humblepie2.gif

:drool:

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Caaaake! :)

Shlup
12-23-2012, 11:38 AM
The only pie I like is apple, but I don't like cake at all. Except cheesecake which, having baked several, I would say most definitely is more cake than pie.

Shauna
12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I dunno. There are times when either are acceptable. I love them both so much. :love:

Værn
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM

No. Why.

Why do you do this.

Somebody please explain it to me. You have a perfectly good name for pizza. It's called pizza. Pies are nothing like that. Hell, you people don't even understand the wonder of a true blue pie. A meat pie. Dessert "pies" like apple pie and whatever are still pie, but pizza... pizza is not a pie. It is not.

Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just smurfing ham.
How do you define a pie? Is it not something made from a crust, containing some sort of filling or topping? Because, if you ask me, a pizza seems to fit that definition. Feel free to argue that it's not a "proper" pie, but that won't change whether it is or is not actually a pie.

And please stop throwing accusations around wildly, Australia. I've never referred to anything as "Canadian bacon." Ever.

Pike
12-23-2012, 11:55 AM

No.

Food threads are an essential part of EoFF and I won't let you take that from me! :mad2:

Fun fact: I am named after a roleplaying character I invented when I was like 12, who was named after the weapon. So there were actually no fish involved!

Denmark
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just fucking ham.

blaming America for something and then citing a Canadian example? i feel the same way about Canadian bacon, don't lump us with them

say "i meant north america" and i will actually murder you

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 02:07 PM

No. Why.

Why do you do this.

Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just smurfing ham.
How do you define a pie? Is it not something made from a crust, containing some sort of filling or topping? Because, if you ask me, a pizza seems to fit that definition. Feel free to argue that it's not a "proper" pie, but that won't change whether it is or is not actually a pie.

And please stop throwing accusations around wildly, Australia. I've never referred to anything as "Canadian bacon." Ever.

A pie is pastry.

Faris
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM

No.

Food threads are an essential part of EoFF and I won't let you take that from me! :mad2:

It would be like making a resolution to join the gym. It'll only last a few weeks max one month. :roll2

Balzac
12-23-2012, 05:44 PM

No. Why.

Why do you do this.

A pie is pastry.

Exactly, a bread crust is not pastry. By that logic bread with a crust is a pie. :/

Chris
12-23-2012, 05:52 PM
You guys shouldn't be so close minded. It is both.

A pie can also be: ice cream (cherry-flavoured ice cream with cherry pie pieces) and a soup (vegetable broth, with small miniature pies filled with ground beef).

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 05:55 PM
omgomgomgomgomg

WHAT EVEN IS A PIE

WHAT

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE

MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN I JUST CAN'T EVEN.

A PIE IS NOTHING

THE PIE IS NOTHING

THE PIE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
12-23-2012, 05:59 PM
You sound like you could use some pie.

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
You sound like you could use some pie.

I know, I may have to have myself a festive mince pie right now.

Balzac
12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
pie
/pī/
Noun
A baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry

Parker
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I only eat pies from tins.

Night Fury
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I only eat pies from tins.

As soon as I saw your name as a reply. I KNEW what it would be referring too.

~*~Celes~*~
12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
cake obvs

Jowy
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Cake, solely because you can't make carrot cake soup with pie.

Chris
12-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a challenge in my ears! Let's do battle!

Jowy
12-23-2012, 11:07 PM
It wouldn't work! The pie crust wouldn't mix with the partially melted ice cream and turn into the most delicious substance known to man.

Jiro
12-24-2012, 01:10 AM

blaming America for something and then citing a Canadian example? i feel the same way about Canadian bacon, don't lump us with them

No I don't mean North America I mean I ordered pizza from a US outlet and it had "canadian bacon" on it

what does that even fucking mean

no

no this is all wrong

Flaming Ice
12-24-2012, 02:11 AM

No I don't mean North America I mean I ordered pizza from a US outlet and it had "canadian bacon" on it

what does that even smurfing mean

no

no this is all wrong

Canada has superior pigs ;)

Back bacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon)

Fun fact: I am named after a roleplaying character I invented when I was like 12, who was named after the weapon. So there were actually no fish involved![/QUOTE]

Well weapons are still good anyways...but you could always slap people with a pike.

fire_of_avalon
12-24-2012, 02:14 AM

GET OUT.

What in the hell is this?

noshowmillk
12-24-2012, 02:26 AM
One of the main reasons why I'm choosing pie. Not to mention chicken pot pie. Apple is my favorite kind of pie if it doesn't count.
And if pizza pie does count, I would like to mention that they make pizza with desert added to it. Doesn't really sound appealing until you've tried it.

Jowy
12-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Carrot cake soup is just vanilla ice cream and a slice of carrot cake stirred together vigorously in a bowl until they blend together.

Bubba
12-24-2012, 12:49 PM
At first I thought cake but the more I think about it... I'm gonna have to go with pie. I've always had more of a savoury tongue but a pie can be both sweet and savoury. Cake you are stuck only with the sweet.

So for me, pie is the winner... due to it's versatility.

Pie, Pie, you are so versatile
Pie, Pie, oh how you make me smile
Cake, Cake, oh for goodness sake
You're just to sweet for me to take...

For oral pleasure and tongue parties galore
A pie will always leave you wanting more
The sweetness of cake is always second best
Unless it's a cream one you can rub on your chest...

PIE! Ooohhhhh PIE!
Run my tongue over your pastry, MY, OH MY!
PIE! Ooohhhhh PIE!
You are the applie pie of my EYE!!!!!

Pie...

~ Bubba - Dec 2012

Clo
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Why not.... cake-pie?

Flaming Ice
12-26-2012, 01:58 AM
At first I thought cake but the more I think about it... I'm gonna have to go with pie. I've always had more of a savoury tongue but a pie can be both sweet and savoury.
Cake you are stuck only with the sweet.

That needs a "google serach" ;)

Balzac
12-26-2012, 03:00 AM
<a href="http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/dj/">DJ Pie Safety</a>

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Although I do enjoy a good Pumpkin Pie every once in a while, I enjoy many more flavors of cake.

Also frosting is better than crust :colbert:

Mercen-X
12-26-2012, 04:22 AM
It depends on the pie. I have a particular favorite. :jokey:

Shorty
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
carrot cake
cheesecake
chocolate bourbon cake
chocolate lava cake
coffee cake
cupcakes
ice cream cake
german chocolate
red velvet
rum cake
spiced pumpkin cake
strawberry shortcake
tiramisu

Ever heard of chocolate pie shots? No. It's chocolate cake, because it's better.

CAKE, MOTHERsmurfERS.

Aulayna
12-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Eddie Izzard -- Cake or Death? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uMmNysmoMro#t=287s)

Relevant.

fire_of_avalon
12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Ever heard of chocolate pie shots? No. It's chocolate cake, because it's better.

CAKE, MOTHERsmurfERS.

Ever hear of upside down apple cake shots? Nope. Ever hear of pumpkin cake shots? nuh uh. Pecan cake shots?

Ever hear of chicken pot cake, cheese burger cake, frito cake? Or spaghetti cake?

NO. All of those are delicious forms of pie that cake cannot achieve. So get out.

Shorty
12-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Applie pie and pecan pie sucks and pumpkin pie is mediocre at best and made only better with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream served with it.

AND NONE OF THOSE OTHER THINGS ARE SWEET AND SUGARY FOA YOU CHEATER

fire_of_avalon
12-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Never come back to America, ever. Your apple-pie hating kind will not be tolerated in these borders.

Shorty
12-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Listen man, I like pies but you're naming all the wrong ones.

BANANA CREAM, FOA. THAT IS THE BEST ONE. Oreo is second, but I can make an oreo cake that's better, so.

So you lose.

Mercen-X
12-27-2012, 03:24 AM
CHERRY PIE! :jokey:

Agent Proto
12-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Pies are so much better than cakes, but I love and enjoy both. I just prefer pies more. :)

escobert
12-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Neither.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 03:31 AM
http://ps3.mmgn.com/Lib/Images/Articles/Normal/5-Reasons-Why-PS-All-Stars-Is-Not-A-Smash-Bros-Clone-1090557.jpg

http://scienceblogs.com/seed/wp-content/blogs.dir/373/files/2012/04/i-70296e1a42862860e7875dd3815f80d3-CookieCakePie%20III.jpg