PDA

View Full Version : Wutai At War

Chris
12-23-2012, 04:00 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080214040346/finalfantasy/images/2/2b/Wutai.jpg

So, we all know that Wutai lost the war, but I can never seem to remember why they were at war with Shin-Ra to begin with.

Elmyra's husband died in the war, and Elmyra took in Aerith when Ifalna died after their escape from Headquarters, right? So, I guess my question is:

Did this whole "Search for the Land the Ancients" thing have anything to do with the war? Or did Shin-Ra want to built a Reactor there, and Wutai refused?

Sephiroth
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Did this whole "Search for the Land the Ancients" thing have anything to do with the war? Or did Shin-Ra want to built a Reactor there, and Wutai refused?

ShinRa wanted Wutai to be a part of their whole system, yes. Like they did with every place they have visited and hypnotized by smart arguments.

Clo
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Wutai clearly symbolizes JAPAN AND ANTI-IMPERIALISM WHAT

Psychotic
12-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Shinra heard about that house full of cats and wanted it all for themselves.

Sephiroth
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Don't forget all that hiding places where you can lurk and watch people perfectly.

Jiro
12-24-2012, 02:02 AM
They wanted control of Wutai, just like everybody else. It would probably be a great place for a reactor and that means money

Sephiroth
12-24-2012, 02:12 AM
They wanted control of Wutai, just like everybody else. It would probably be a great place for a reactor and that means money

Jo, ShinRa wanted to make everything a part of their system, as mentioned. It was actually very brave of Wutai since ShinRa was the greatest human force (when it comes to a system which has influence to practically everything and ShinRa wants money like you said and money means more power and they wanted to have power in everything and over everything globally) ever. Too bad they "annoyed" Sephiroth. And then one day President Shinra wakes up and is dead.

What?

Flaming Ice
12-24-2012, 02:19 AM

Dinner is served

DrAssenov
12-24-2012, 02:33 AM
It is true - Shinra wanted to build a reactor and when Wutai refused, the long war began.
It all ended when Shinra eventually brought in Sephiroth.

The world, through tons of pro-Shinra propaganda, viewed Sephiroth as a hero, inspiring tons of young men to sign up for SOLDIER. This included Zack and Cloud.

Clo
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I know this is a huge devastating derailment of this thread, but what IS with that cat house?

Sephiroth
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM

The world, through tons of pro-Shinra propaganda, viewed Sephiroth as a hero, inspiring tons of young men to sign up for SOLDIER. This included Zack and Cloud.

The war lasted longer than the moment when Sephiroth appeared on the battle field like it is shown in Crisis Core as well, but it was just a matter of time, yes. It was a very long war. Typically human. Bow to the system or suffer the consequences.

DrAssenov
12-24-2012, 04:02 PM

The war lasted longer than the moment when Sephiroth appeared on the battle field like it is shown in Crisis Core as well, but it was just a matter of time, yes. It was a very long war. Typically human. Bow to the system or suffer the consequences.

Ah, that makes more sense. I know that there were some resistance members left that attacked Midgar and such.
It's so sad how easily human nature falls to greed like that, and how many lives are ruined because of it.

Sephiroth
12-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Ah, that makes more sense. I know that there were some resistance members left that attacked Midgar and such.
It's so sad how easily human nature falls to greed like that, and how many lives are ruined because of it.

Ah, didn't you play Crisis Core?

DrAssenov
12-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Ah, didn't you play Crisis Core?

Sadly, no. I don't own a PSP :( I only got to experience it through youtube!

which is the saddest thing ever.

Crop
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
So...if Shinra wanted to build a reactor there/take over, why didn't they when they won the war? You'd think they'd at least have a military presence keeping an eye on things.

Sephiroth
12-25-2012, 12:53 AM
So...if Shinra wanted to build a reactor there/take over, why didn't they when they won the war? You'd think they'd at least have a military presence keeping an eye on things.

The Wutaians never gave up and with the 5 Gods, Leviathan and Da Chao I do understand that.

And ShinRa's first intention and goal is not to exploit a country with a Mako Reactor but to make it a part of the system so they depend on you. See Corel. They built the Gold Saucer where Corel was.

Jiro
12-25-2012, 02:43 AM
I know this is a huge devastating derailment of this thread, but what IS with that cat house?

It is a huge derailment and there's already a thread about it (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/143407-crazy-cat-lady.html).

Mercen-X
12-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Wutai clearly symbolizes JAPAN AND ANTI-IMPERIALISM

ShinRa, meanwhile, represents China and communism. What!

DrAssenov
12-26-2012, 05:42 PM

The wars that China and Japan had with each other -- I wouldn't be surprised if the roles Shinra and Wutai played in FFVII were meant to be symbols created by Square, a Japanese company, to represent the lingering ill-feelings brought about by uh, killing each other over and over again back then. Those feelings don't get erased so easily!

Jinx
12-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Wutai has always been at war with Shrina.

Sephex
12-26-2012, 10:44 PM
They should have formed an elite group to counter Shinra's SOLDIER program.

It would have been called the Wutai Clan.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 02:19 AM

Quite plausible, actually.

Crop
12-28-2012, 02:44 AM
So did Shinra win the war or what?

I need Sephiroth to come in and give me a huge summary of the whole situation. Get in here.