PDA

View Full Version : Questions On Boot Material

Yuffie514
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Hey. Happy Holidays everyone.

A few hours ago, I went to the mall with my sister-in-law and picked my Christmas present on the spot. It was a pair of boots from Skechers. I really like it. My question concerns a label I found on the inner tag. Despite not being a member of PETA, I do believe it is wrong to treat animals inhumanely. When shopping for clothes, I always check the make especially on fur and leather products. I am not going to buy anything that says Genuine on the label. The boots I got is a sweater/knit boot, with faux fur lining and a tad of leather.

Here is a picture of the boots:
http://www.skechers.com/style/46653/keepsakes-blur/blk

The tag says, Man Made Material and Faux Fur Lining. But, I think the Man Made Material label is too mysterious. I did ask some of the sales associates and they all said the leather is not real. And that is not the only thing. As I am typing this I realize I missed the knit. It looks like wool. Even if the wool looks harmless, could they have been obtained inhumanely?

Does anyone have an idea of what Man Made Material mean? And what are your opinions about the wool? What would you suggest if they keep bothering me? Thanks.

Futan
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
It's synthetic, like polyester.

Laddy
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Pretty much that. You're good.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
The boots are made of people

Jiro
12-24-2012, 01:11 AM
They're pretty nice boots there.