PDA

View Full Version : Did you play Final Fantasy on Christmas?

Jiro
12-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Self explanatory.

Formalhaut
12-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I did play just a bit of Theatrhythm, but of course! It's still only 10:00am here, but the morning's the best part of the day for playing ;)

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Christmas just started here; I'm sure I'll be playing Theatrhythm as well at some point during the day.

Pike
12-25-2012, 10:31 AM
It's still 3:31am here! xD Christmas doesn't start in my household for like six hours.

I'm going to play Morrowind and Skyrim and go to the Hobbit.

maybee
12-25-2012, 01:38 PM
2010 my parents thought that it would be a good fucking idea to both work during Christmas day, so I had to spend the day alone so I decided to wake up early and re-do the final boss and re-watch the FF 9 and FF 8 ending again.

Usually doing this is fun and nostalgic, but this time it was terrible. I don't think I've done a " Let's do the final boss again thing " since.

Laddy
12-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Hell yeah. It's typically because I get a Final Fantasy on Christmas, though.

Aulayna
12-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Are we talking *this* Christmas or a Christmas in general?

Either way the answer is No as I always tended to get them during the summer. :)

Balzac
12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes, as people on irc know, I was playing FFIX.

Chris
12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Did some level grinding in FFVII yesterday. O:

Faris
12-25-2012, 03:43 PM
What kind of fan would I be if I didn't One who got other games, but this year that's not the case so FF was indeed played :)

Futan
12-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, as people on irc know, I was playing FFI.

Yar
12-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Yes I did! I got a big chunk of my Final Fantasy playthrough done today, so episode two should be up within the next couple days. You can find the first episode here (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2221-final-fantasy-twenty-fifth-anniversary-episode-1.html). :D

Pike
12-25-2012, 06:23 PM
You know it used to be tradition for me to play some sort of Final Fantasy game every Thanksgiving while waiting for dinner. I should start doing that again.

Denmark
12-25-2012, 07:03 PM
nah

i've played ff3 on christmas before but not likely to do so this year. next ff game I play will be 9 but I won't be starting that till mid-january

DMKA
12-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Nope. I'm playing Resident Evil 6 today.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever played an FF game on Christmas. I think that's because I've never gotten one for Christmas but have almost always got some game on Christmas and ended up playing whatever game that was.

Raistlin
12-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I haven't yet, but now I kind of want to. Maybe I'll try to make some progress later on my FFX playthrough.

krissy
12-25-2012, 08:25 PM
no i might play dark souls later
or uncharted 3
but im not really feeling much like gaming today!

Loony BoB
12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Having just been gifted Batman: Arkham City and just bought Far Cry 3, I think it'll be a while before I drag myself back to Final Fantasy IX...

NorthernChaosGod
12-25-2012, 09:48 PM
It's only 2, but I haven't played any vidya today. Or yesterday.

Mirage
12-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Nope. I played star ocean 3.

Jowy
12-25-2012, 10:45 PM
I remember playing FFVI a long time ago on Christmas day instead of the shiny new Nintendo 64. Other than that, I always got other games for Christmas, so those usually took priority. Except the year I got "Home Improvement" for SNES. I asked Santa for Chrono Trigger.

Citizen Bleys
12-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I only had an hour to myself before work today, and I spent it playing FF7.

Bunny
12-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Just because of this thread, I am going to start up FFV again.

Raistlin
12-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Except the year I got "Home Improvement" for SNES. I asked Santa for Chrono Trigger.

That is one of the saddest Christmas stories I've ever heard.

Bunny
12-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that marked the exact moment Jowy stopped believing in love, Santa, and God.

Levian
12-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Haven't played since the summer, I think. Replayed FFX-2.

Kinda been wanting to replay FFX as well, but I've been holding out for the HD remake. whenever that gets released.

Jinx
12-26-2012, 05:22 AM
itt: fanboy nerds

maybee
12-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Except the year I got "Home Improvement" for SNES. I asked Santa for Chrono Trigger.

Wow. Santa was a huge asshole that year. Instead of giving you one of the best JRPG games ever made he gave you a cheap movie knock-off. Fat bastard. :cry:

Balzac
12-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Not even a movie knock off but a tv show :/

maybee
12-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Not even a movie knock off but a tv show :/

Oh sorry. I read that as " Home Alone " lol. Sorry, epic fail xD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately I didn't play an FF game today but this thread does remind me to get back to my FF12 playthrough soon. It's only been a few days since I've played Theatrhythm, so I've had a heavy dose of FF the past couple of weeks.

Today I played Pokemon SoulSilver for a couple minutes. Incoming nerd alert: I decided I should play through LeafGreen first instead so that when I finally go against Trainer Red I'll feel like a bad mothersmurfer knowing that I'm the one who got him through the Elite Four only to challenge him in the second game :monster:

Sounds confusing. But those who get it, will get it.

I find the "Hell no." and "What's Final Fantasy?" options in the poll to be humorous. It's hard to see why someone who detests the series or doesn't know what it is would post here xD

Shauna
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Nope. :3 Not gonna play any today either.

Pike
12-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I find the "Hell no." and "What's Final Fantasy?" options in the poll to be humorous. It's hard to see why someone who detests the series or doesn't know what it is would post here xD

We have in fact had some active members who haven't played FF! I can't complain. I met my MILFy on an old Zelda forum that he was super active at and he hates Zelda.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM

We have in fact had some active members who haven't played FF! I can't complain. I met my MILFy on an old Zelda forum that he was super active at and he hates Zelda.

Don't get me wrong, I know that some people here don't play FF. It's just the way the options are stated that I find funny. There could have been a "Nah, not a fan" or "Not today" option

escobert
12-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Nope.

Sephex
12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
No, but that's because I was too busy with family stuff. If I could have played video games, it wouldn't have been Final Fantasy.

I am now reminded of getting FFVII for Christmas, and what a wonderful feeling it was.[/nostalgia]

Raistlin
12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
I did end up playing a little FFX last night. But then my wireless mouse malfunctioned and I accidentally shut down the emulator, erasing about 40 minutes of gameplay that I was too lazy to replay right then, so my net play was only about 20 minutes. Who's brilliant idea was this anyway? Fuck you, Jiro.

Goldenboko
12-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Nope, I read more of my book and programmed more python for I am a super nerd.

Futan
12-26-2012, 09:54 PM

Super nerds don't use Python. :colbert:

DrAssenov
12-26-2012, 10:03 PM
My hubby got me a PSP and FFVII Crisis Core yesterday!

I feel pretty conflicted playing as Zack -- especially during the siege of Ft. Tamblin. He was fighting because he believed that mako would make people's lives better. To prove that, he was willing to kill people for it!

Ahhhhh my Christmas was so emo at times because of that game!

Cuchulainn
12-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I almost did. I turned on FFX, started it up Sunday night......Played 10 minutes n thought...I can't be arsed with all this trout voice acting & terrible plot & quests for weapons (I know they're optional but I cant play a FF game without completing everything..it's like having sex without giving the girl an orgasm). Then stopped. I may start again, I may not.

Night Fury
12-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I didn't, I did play some old school Spyro though!

Goldenboko
12-26-2012, 11:13 PM

I wanted light reading after my 6 months of straight C. :colbert:

Futan
12-26-2012, 11:54 PM

I wanted light reading after my 6 months of straight C. :colbert:

Acceptable answer. ;)

sharkythesharkdogg
12-27-2012, 01:02 AM
I gifted a PSP and FF Tactics to shion this year, and I played it. Y'know.....making sure it worked properly and all......:shifty:

Depression Moon
12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Nope I didn't.

Edge7
12-27-2012, 02:57 AM
I got a Vita so I ported FFT to it.. as well as Mega Man 2 and Xenogears. Games I already own? Smurf you, I still had a great Christmas!

~*~Celes~*~
12-28-2012, 12:23 AM
No but I did buy Theatrhythm today (two days AFTER Christmas :D) and have been playing that!

Shoeberto
12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I get nostalgic about playing FFIX around this time of year, especially if it's snowy.

I remember getting it in sixth grade and just being awe-struck. It was beautiful.

Then my senior year of high school, I had like, two weeks of snow days after Christmas break, so I powered through it again - I think all the way to the final dungeon before other obligations popped up.

It's weird to think how seasonal my nostalgia gets for these games. Plenty of others, too, but FF holds a particularly special place for me.

Jinx
12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
I get nostalgic about playing FFIX around this time of year, especially if it's snowy.

I remember getting it in sixth grade and just being awe-struck. It was beautiful.

Then my senior year of high school, I had like, two weeks of snow days after Christmas break, so I powered through it again - I think all the way to the final dungeon before other obligations popped up.

It's weird to think how seasonal my nostalgia gets for these games. Plenty of others, too, but FF holds a particularly special place for me.

I'm this way about FFIX in late spring. :)

Araciel
12-28-2012, 04:28 PM
nope

Clo
12-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I played FFIX.

If you would have told me when I was 10 that I would still be playing it to this very day...

I would go, "Ehhhh." /smug

Tigmafuzz
12-29-2012, 06:24 AM

I'm this way about FFIX in late spring always. :)

Heath
12-29-2012, 12:58 PM
I did play FF on Christmas this year! I didn't buy a new game, I just happened to be playing FFV on my Nexus 7 at the time. I think I got to the end of World 2 on Christmas Day, and finished it yesterday.

Bubba
12-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I didn't play any on Christmas Day but I did pick up on old FFVII save a couple of days ago just before the fight with Rapps in Wutai. I enjoyed it immensely.

I too get nostalgiac about FFVII at Christmas as santa brought it to me one year when I was 15. Though when Christmas day came I had already reached Aeris' house having worked out my Mum's secret Christmas present hiding place...

DarkBahamut
12-30-2012, 04:32 AM
I actually hopped on the bandwagon and redid the final parts of FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX.

VII's ending was the best for length. The other three took days...

I am done with Squall walking around in, literally, the middle of nowhere.
I also cannot believe I took my time to run all around Sin and fight each Aeon one by one.