PDA

View Full Version : Which Heroine Suffered The Most?

Forsaken Lover
12-27-2012, 04:17 AM
I vaguely think I made this topic many years ago on here but maybe it was on another site. It wa s africkin' long time ago though because FFXIII hadn't even come out yet.

Anyway, as the title says, which female lead has had to endure the greatest amount of tragedy?

I made this topic last time because I was a major FFIX fanboy at the time and I was like "see? SEE? Garnet went through this, this, this and this and that's why she's teh bestest. She so strong".

Blech.

Anyway, what say you?

Jinx
12-27-2012, 04:23 AM
Garnet's definitely up there.

I'd say maybe Rydia. Her village was destroyed, she becomes an orphan. Makes friends, falls off a ship, fast forwards her life.

The person who says Yuna I will slap, because she didn't have it that hard, really.

PS--All the heroines in this series are like, orphans.

Forsaken Lover
12-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Well she was planning on dying for like, a good chunk of her life. That musta been tough.

maybee
12-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah Rydia.

She was only basically a baby when she lost her mum and then the killer tries to befriend her. It would be rough and many would be sad and emotional towards Cecil. But she deals with it.

Then she later sees the genocide in Damcyan and then she is later taken away from Cecil and the others. It would be so rough for her.

@ Forsaken Lover. Yuna had a choice. She could of said no. She could of stopped when Tidus and Rikku were basically begging for her to stop and headed back to Besaid. But she refused.
What Yuna feels is what everybody feels in Spira. She's no special case. She thinks " I don't want somebody else to go through this " like her Father thought before her and what all Summoners think. Her pain is everybody's pain.

If you believe that Yuna suffered the most, then you would also have to put everybody in Spira too.

Plus Yuna was a celebrity, everybody loved her and she had Wakka and Lulu as a brother/ sister figure. Plus Jecht as well. Some people had nothing, no parents, no nothing.

Jinx
12-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Well she was planning on dying for like, a good chunk of her life. That musta been tough.

Yeah, but that was her decision. So that sort of negates any suffering she went through, because she chose that suffering knowing what it would mean.

Formalhaut
12-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Self-suffering does negate the intensity of it somewhat. I'm going to join and also say Rydia for all the reasons Sam and maybee said, though you could also put Tifa from VII for having to put up with Cait Sith for all that time...

Dr. rydrum2112
12-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Garnet she was in ff9... no wait I suffered more because of that.

Jiro
12-27-2012, 06:10 AM

Most of the characters are orphans. Check out my feature on parents to learn more :monster:

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Do you guys not know what Golbez and the Elemental Archfiends did to Rosa while they held her hostage?

And if you count the fact that she was forced by Square Enix to star in FFX-2, Yuna blows the competition out of the water.

Laddy
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Terra. The answer is Terra.

Jinx
12-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Most of the characters are orphans. Check out my feature on parents to learn more :monster:

I read it and told you how great it was REMEMBER

NinjaCoachZ
12-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Rinoa was lost in space forever.

maybee
12-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Only if you let her die that way.

Bolivar
12-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Wow, I didn't realize at first how many horrible things have happened to the heroines in this series. I think Terra might objectively have suffered the most, being treated barely human for much of her life, but the one who hit me the hardest is Ashe. She's such an angry and forceful character at first, but when you get to the Phon Coast (I believe) and see the flashback with her and her fiance, you see what a tragedy happened that completely changed her and forced her to become an entirely different person.

The awesome voice acting of FFXII obviously helps a lot.

Flying Arrow
12-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Look, in FF games everyone's setting fire to each other, dropping giant meteors on everyone else, and generally doing their best at trying to make the other side as unrecognizably alive as possible.

But, guys, Celes gets punched in the face.

DarkBahamut
12-28-2012, 05:20 AM
I don't have a solid answer,

but Tifa was stuck in a gas chamber and sliced by the greatest swordsman in her realm.

Wolf Kanno
12-28-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm going to echo Bolivar and say its a toss up between Lady Ashe and Terra Bradford for having it the worst. Garnet gets an honorable mention.

Terra was raised by an Empire that saw her as an object, was most likely experimented on, had her free will stripped from her and forced to perform some atrocious acts. She spends the majority of the game questioning whether she can honestly live with humanity, and even the Rebels she joins don't make it a secret they want to use her their own personal gain. Her life kind of sucks.

Ashe on the other hand loses everything she cares about in the first ten minutes of the game, is forced to retreat into the shadows while her kingdom is manipulated by Archades and her own journey is her being emotionally manipulated by the Occurians for their own ends. Her whole story is basically her trying to decide to give into her despair and feelings to seek revenge or to move above it and do what is best for her people. Like Bolivar says, she's one of the few characters where you really get to see how her life really affected her.

Del Murder
12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Terra wins because being made a slave is one of the worst things that can be done to a person. She also has that 'last of her kind' thing going on and that can be pretty lonely.

Red Mage Coffman
12-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Guys, guys, guys. I'm gonna go with Lightning cause I love her to death.

She is teh best. In second would be Rydia, third would be Aerith. Or Tifa. I can't decide.

Completely forgot about Ashe. She is actually above Lightning. and THEN my list as it is.

Del Murder
12-29-2012, 04:57 AM
What tragedy did Lightning have to endure?

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2012, 05:07 AM
What tragedy did Lightning have to endure?

Being in Final Fantasy XIII?

Del Murder
12-29-2012, 05:27 AM
www.instantrimshot.com

NinjaCoachZ
12-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Only if you let her die that way.

But still, the possibility exists for it to happen. Of all the things that can potentially happen in an FF game, being lost in space forever has got to be the worst. No oxygen, no food or water, nothing to do but drift aimlessly through the abyss, it's a fate worse than death.

Potentially.

Bolivar
12-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Wait what

krissy
12-31-2012, 02:40 AM
the sorceress doesn't need oxygen

Forsaken Lover
12-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Maybe NinjaCoachZ is working under the belief that a Sorceress literally cannot die without passing on their powers. So Rinoa would be potentially starving to death, asphyxiating, dying of thirst and so-on for the rest of eternity.

It is kinda brutal.

Of course we all know Rinoa didn't suffer that fate. She returned to Earth and got a spiffy castle with its own clock tower and everything.