PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds in Your Country

Yar
12-29-2012, 05:56 PM
What is McDonalds like in your country?

I'm having a chicken filet kind of burger that is topped with Japanese radish :D OMG

Yes this another food topic.

Pheesh
12-29-2012, 05:59 PM
It was pretty similar to the American McDonalds. Our large is only slightly bigger than their medium though, and we don't have items like the McGriddle or the Biscuits. Aside from that it tasted all the same.

Yar
12-29-2012, 06:08 PM
It was pretty similar to the American McDonalds. Our large is only slightly bigger than their medium though, and we don't have items like the McGriddle or the Biscuits. Aside from that it tasted all the same.yeah everything that you can find on the American menu tastes the same here. I'm actually happy about that. :)

I really want some Taco Bell. :( You never know how much you'll miss it until you're drunk and thousands of miles away from the closest Taco Bell...

Lonely Paper Star
12-29-2012, 06:10 PM
My McDonald's is a typical American one... since I'm... American and all, but I went to one in the Philippines when I visited. There, it's nicknamed "McDo" (like how we call it "McD's" or "Mickey D's"... ew), and one of the breakfast options is longganisa sausage with an egg and rice... typical Filipino breakfast.

I also tried ordering a milkshake once, but the cashier had no idea what I was saying. I guess they didn't have those.

Psychotic
12-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Pulp Fiction got it wrong, 'cause yesterday I ate a Quarter Pounder With Cheese and it's still fantastic.

Sephex
12-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Typical boring, processed McDonalds for me since I live in the Midwest of the US. I still like their breakfast food. Surprisingly decent pancakes, or whatever they call them.

Yar
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Sephex which state do you live in, if I may ask?

Sephex
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Sephex which state do you live in, if I may ask?

I live in the southern suburbs very close to Chicago, IL.

Night Fury
12-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I tend to stay away from McDonalds in the UK, because they tend to be a magnet for chavs.

Psychotic
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Yo, Americans, do you have McFlurries? Those things are incredible.

Sephex
12-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Yes we do, but they pale to compare to Dairy Queen's Blizzards, which are the same thing. They just taste like they are made out of better ice cream.

Dr. rydrum2112
12-29-2012, 06:28 PM

for about 15 years now.

Yes we do, but the pale to compare to Dairy Queen's Blizzards, which are the same thing. They just taste like they are made out of better ice cream.

Blizzards are much better- so much more diversity in what they put in them, plus as Seph points out the ice cream itself is better.

Psychotic
12-29-2012, 06:39 PM
We don't have Dairy Queen.

OR WENDY'S :argh:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Typical boring, processed McDonalds for me since I live in the Midwest of the US.

Same for me. There's no special "local dish". We've got all the basics. Big mac, chicken nuggets, double cheeseburger etc etc

McGriddles are heaven, but I quit eating that lest I get a heart attack at 25. :monster:

Faris
12-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I must have a coffee from them every day I can get one.

Yes and yes they are the best. Had one for my birthday treat this year.

Chris
12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Expensive! A Big Mac menu here is $15 bucks. :colbert:

Freya
12-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Today you all learned that Psychotic has a raging hardon for Wendy's. You must now all mail him frozen wendy's.

I don't like american McDonalds but I LOVE German McDonalds. They cook it all in a different oil or something. Idk it was delicious. French Mcdonalds was okay, their fries were yummy!

Madame Adequate
12-29-2012, 07:26 PM

Nor do we have Jack in the Box >:O

Psychotic
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Nor do we have Jack in the Box >:OI'm not a fan tbh.

Madame Adequate
12-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I never said you were. You're a person. :confused:

Shorty
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Jack in the Box is only good as drunk food. Dairy Queen Blizzards, on the other hand, I would kill a man and then his newborn for.

I have yet to try Swedish McDonald's but I can only imagine that it's better than American McDonald's. Rantz also says that German McDonald's is great.

Miss Lady Shelly
12-29-2012, 10:55 PM
I work at McDonalds (for the past 9 years)... Puts head down in shame. I dont really like the food there. I try to stay away from it as much as possible.

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-29-2012, 11:00 PM
In America, the McRib is back for a limited time! Well, in New York it is.

Aulayna
12-29-2012, 11:01 PM
It's McDonalds, doesn't really sell anything localised and just sells all the staples (Big Macs, Double Cheeseburgers etc).

Shlup
12-30-2012, 12:10 AM
I actually live pretty close to the original McDonalds. I haven't eaten there 'cause it's a pretty busy place.

I liked Japanese McDonalds. Things are simple there.

Pheesh
12-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I just want my beloved Five Guys back :(

Dr. rydrum2112
12-30-2012, 02:30 AM
I just want my beloved Five Guys back :(

5 guys are amazing.

escobert
12-30-2012, 02:39 AM
I've had McDonald's on 3 continents and shit tastes the same on all of em.

Shiny
12-30-2012, 02:39 AM

Good because those suck.

I do like McFlurries though. The only reason I go to McDonalds is because they have good smoothies, and McFlurries. They also have shockingly good coffee.

It was in Maryland too.

Shorty
12-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Have you ever had a Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard? Girrrrrl.

escobert
12-30-2012, 02:43 AM

Good because those suck.

No way. Wendys is best.

Shiny
12-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Have you ever had a Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard? Girrrrrl.

No I haven't. I don't like the taste of chocolate with mint.

Madame Adequate
12-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Jack in the Box is only good as drunk food.

Good because those suck.

ITT girls compete to see who can be the most wrong :colbert:

I Took the Red Pill
12-30-2012, 07:52 AM
The food is more or less the same in China except for a few things. You can order corn or fried chicken wings as sides and they also serve bubble tea. And every once in a while (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/mcdonalds-china-black-white-burger_n_1875235.html) they'll have some really weird special item on the menu.

The service and prices, however, vary from the U.S. wildly. Some examples:

you're not expected to clear and replace your tray if you eat there.
From 11:00 - 14:00 and from 16:00 to 19:00 everything is half price. I don't know if this is just in my city or everywhere, but it's awesome
THEY smurfING DELIVER

Shorty
12-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Jack in the Box is only good as drunk food.

Good because those suck.

ITT girls compete to see who can be the most wrong :colbert:

I retract my earlier statement. It can also work as hangover food. Either way, your status needs to be somewhat impaired for it to be at all enjoyable.

maybee
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM
No idea, because I haven't gone there in years. Last time I went about four years ago I got really sick so they can't of been great. :laughing:

Shiny
12-31-2012, 02:38 AM
Everything about Chinese McDonalds sounds far superior to any other McDonalds, yet it is a good thing that the States doesn't offer the delivery option. We don't need the option to sit at home and wait for obesity inducing foods to be delivered to us. For some people their only exercise is walking to the car to go get the food.

Raistlin
12-31-2012, 03:32 AM
McDonald's is ok to have sometimes, although they're breakfast sammiches are really great (I could eat their bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits every day). McFlurries are a poor man's Blizzard -- they taste ok, but have much, much less variety with toppings that aren't nearly as good.

Wendy's and Five Guys are superior. Wendy's has better chicken sammiches.

fire_of_avalon
12-31-2012, 03:36 AM
TIL Shiny does not have delivery pizza in where ever Shiny is from.

I actually don't have delivery pizza because things are too far away BUT I BET SHINY ACTUALLY DOES.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-31-2012, 03:44 AM
I thought I was the only one who thought German McDonald's was different. It was surprisingly good, especially for fast food. They had this triple patty burger that was on a sesame seed bun shaped like a sub roll. I didn't order it, too much food. I just got a regular old quarter pounder. Plus, I ordered a beer! I would go back again anytime.

That's saying something, because I hate McDonald's here in the States.

HHHAAAAATTTTEEE

Pheesh
12-31-2012, 05:01 AM
They just brought back the unique Australian menu. You can now get the McOz again (it's got lettuce, red onion, tomato and beetroot.) and also fish and chips.

kotora
12-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Everything about Chinese McDonalds sounds far superior to any other McDonalds,

Except they make their food with Chinese meat and Chinese ingredients. No thanks. I'm no lover of McDonalds and I practically never go there, but at least in some European countries the quality of the food is pretty decent (compared to other countries). Especially the ones in Southern and Eastern Europe are better than in Northwestern Europe, for example. Dutch McDonalds is fucking shit. I'm guessing it's because the bio-industry is much bigger and responsible for a larger share of the meat production in the more developed countries.

Jinx
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
They just brought back the unique Australian menu. You can now get the McOz again (it's got lettuce, red onion, tomato and beetroot.) and also fish and chips.

McOz just sounds WRONG.

Iceglow
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Jack in the Box is only good as drunk food. Dairy Queen Blizzards, on the other hand, I would kill a man and then his newborn for.

Essentially you are this guy: linktacular! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaXDaAsfHuc)

I would assume our portions are somewhat smaller than those in America. I don't think we can get super size meals any more either. Just medium or large. Also one of the best things ever is the Breakfast Wraps, oh sweet jesus I could happily get fat living on those things.

Pheesh
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
American McDonald's didn't even have Super Size anymore, I was pissed!!

McOz just sounds WRONG.

Yeah I think they're gross, I don't order them.

Bubba
12-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Macdonalds tastes pretty much the same everywhere. Though I have to say the Macdonalds in Chorlton, South Manchester appears to be staffed by Uruk-hai Assassins...

Me: "Do you have any apple pies?"

Uruk points to cherry pies

Uruk: "What about them? They're freessssshhhhh!!!!"
Me: "erm... no thanks. Why don't you have any Big Macs?"
Uruk: "We've had nothin' but maggoty bread for three stinkin' days!!"
Me: "Ah right, no worries. What's on the deluxe burger?"
Uruk: "Man flesh."

There's a shout from the kitchen "Big Macs are back on."

Uruk: "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!!!!"
Me: "Great, can I have some napkins with my meal?"

Uruk hands me some napkins...

Uruk: "THEY ARE NOT FOR EATING!!"

Pumpkin
12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
It wasn't the whole country but around where I lived, most of the McDonald's had poutine. It definitely wasn't the best poutine but it was still, you know, a poutine. (A poutine is fries and cheese (preferably curds) and gravy, for those who don't know.)

I also notice a portion size difference living in the US now. Their small drink is ridiculously big. The sizes vary from place to place where I was from but the small here is at best the size of a large where I was from in Canada. It's the size of an extra large from Tim Horton's.

Madame Adequate
12-31-2012, 05:54 PM
A poutine is fries and cheese (preferably curds) and gravy

I was happier without knowing that :barf: :stare:

Shiny
12-31-2012, 06:50 PM
TIL Shiny does not have delivery pizza in where ever Shiny is from.

I actually don't have delivery pizza because things are too far away BUT I BET SHINY ACTUALLY DOES.

??? I'm lactose intolerant. Can't have pizza and I haven't had McDonalds in a while either, but not because of the dairy because it's fucking disgusting.

Madame Adequate
12-31-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm shocked that someone whose heritage has involved such oppression would be intolerant.

Shiny
12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
As if heritage has anything to do with McDonalds. :greenie:

Intolerant to over-processed chicken and fish-filet that tastes like card board box and causes diarrhea? Well then yes. Still out of all the fast food places, I'd probably still go with McDonalds. Their fries are the best.

Chris
12-31-2012, 07:05 PM
'McDonalds intolerant'

Loony BoB
12-31-2012, 07:18 PM
I am a takeaway junkie, so I like McDonalds.

In New Zealand, Kiwiburgers are bloody amazing. I adore them. I wish they had the pineapple in them, too, but it's good enough without. Cajun chicken burgers and McChicken burgers were both vastly superior to any chicken burgers I've had in the UK. McDonalds is legitimately cheap food. In the UK, you get less lettuce in your burgers (this varies from store to store but I've never had as much lettuce as I had in NZ in my UK burgers). The beef is about the same, oddly considering how NZ beef is considered some of the best in the world, but I guess the McD's down there don't use the best stuff. Filet'o'Fish is a little better in NZ than in the UK, but both are rubbish compared to fishburgers you get at most other places, especially the fish'n'chip shops in NZ that sell battered fish burgers with coleslaw in them which basically just blow any other fish burger out of the water.

Double cheeseburgers are my staple McDonalds purchase in UK. I got loads of them in NZ too but I would mix them up with chicken burgers and kiwiburgers.

I remember having contests in my high school years over who could finish a cheeseburger fastest. I was never able to beat Sean Carruthers who was one of those really tall buff kids with a square jaw and a massive mouth and could eat them in a couple of bites, but I could easily down a cheeseburger per minute and I think I once ate about ten of them in one sitting, that was ridiculous. I think it was when we were on a trip to Waitomoto Caves and people kept giving me more to see if I could keep going. I must have had something like eight burgers and five or six portions of fries. I could also eat about two 12" pizzas back then. I can no longer comprehend how this was even possible for me at the time because it seems utterly ridiculous and disgusting now. But I can't deny I'm a bit proud of those achievements despite all that. xD

KFC make better chicken burgers, so do Burger King. But none of them will top a good quality burger made at a good quality restaurant. Planet Hollywood probably boasts the best burger I've ever had in my life. That was in Auckland, and it was a gigantic kiwiburger, but they've shut down so... :cry:

Jowy
12-31-2012, 07:28 PM

I'd forego sex for the rest of my life for poutine on the regular.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-31-2012, 07:30 PM

It was in Maryland too.

I think it's nationwide.

Jinx
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Take two McDoubles
Take one McChicken
Put McChicken between each McDouble

Enjoy.

Shorty
12-31-2012, 07:45 PM
I've always haaated fast food chicken sandwiches. Do not want.

Araciel
12-31-2012, 11:16 PM

I'd forego sex for the rest of my life for poutine on the regular.

Yeah only a Commie Mutant Traitor would abhor the perfection of a good poutine. Though whether McDo has a good poutine is... unknown, as I live in an anglophone part of Canada and as such, it seems McDonald's is the only chain that has resisted the pressure to offer a poutine.

Also as for the chicken sammich deal... #6 at Wendy's please with large fries and three JBCBs.

Shorty
01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I went to a Swedish McDonald's for the first time today. Fanciest goddamn fast food restaurant I've ever stepped foot inside. There were fresh poinsettia flowers in large, thin, fancy vases at the ketchup counter! What is that trout!

It looked like an Ikea setup that happened to be serving McDonald's at a counter. The food was pretty good, too! American McD's is pathetic and sad. The Swedish product was 100x better (but still, you know, McDonald's).

Jinx
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
I went to a Swedish McDonald's for the first time today. Fanciest goddamn fast food restaurant I've ever stepped foot inside. There were fresh poinsettia flowers in large, thin vases at the ketchup counter! What is that trout!

It looked like an Ikea setup that happened to be serving McDonald's at a counter. The food was pretty good, too! American McD's is pathetic and sad. The Swedish product was 100x better (but still, you know, McDonald's).

I thought you would've had your fill of Swedish beef by now. :smug:

Shorty
01-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Having more tonight.

We're having ribs. /smug

Jinx
01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
We're having ribs. /smug

You monster. Someone help Rantz! D:

Shorty
01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Rantz is fine.

We kidnapped the little brat in the neighborhood who's been lighting off fireworks still.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM

Blasphemer!

McDo here have poutine though back at my parents' place on the east coast, they would on occasion have lobster and other stuff too.

Quindiana Jones
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm currently eating a Royal Cheese. After I'm done, I'm going to have a McFlurry Daim Caramel. Glorious.

EDIT: The cheese literally feels like a rubber. :(

Madame Adequate
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Blasphemer!

McDo here have poutine though back at my parents' place on the east coast, they would on occasion have lobster and other stuff too.

Sorry if I prefer cheese that hasn't gone off! :shobon:

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Blasphemer!

Sorry if I prefer cheese that hasn't gone off! :shobon:

But that's not what cheese curds are...

Faris
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Cheese curds are among the most excellent variations of cheese. Now if only poutines didn't give me sugar/salt/whatevercausesheadrushes spikes every time I had one.