PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, new guy here

Tonberry Time
12-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Since most of my gaming friends stare at me with blank expressions if I mention any games older than Halo or which don't include soccer or shooting, I felt an urge to join a site where I can actually discuss my interests! :tongue:

So a big heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllooooooooo to everyone!

Formalhaut
12-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Your not the only one whose friends give a blank stare. I don't really talk video gaming outside of this forum actually!

Love the alliteration in your username by the way! What do you do for a living?

Goldenboko
12-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Hello there.

Tonberry Time
12-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm currently studying information-and communication technology at university, but I'm probably going to switch courses next semester. I'll just have to figure out what within the coming week. :p

Goldenboko
12-30-2012, 12:25 AM
What FF's have you played? :spin:

Formalhaut
12-30-2012, 12:34 AM
What university?

Tonberry Time
12-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Let's see here, I've finished I-IV, never played V, did get quite far in VI but lost track of what the heck I was doing, finished VII-FFX, FFXIII, and I'm currently playing FFXII IZJS. Just can't get enough of these games, it seems. :) And while I'm rambling on about finished games, I might as well mention Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts, which, in addition to FFVII are probably my three favorite games. ;)

And I'm studying at University of Bergen, in Norway. It's cold and it rains a lot, perfect for a gamer.

Formalhaut
12-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm really jealous of the Japanese and their annoying habit of not localising games! I'd love to play FFXII IZJS!

Faris
12-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Since most of my gaming friends stare at me with blank expressions if I mention any games older than Halo or which don't include soccer or shooting, I felt an urge to join a site where I can actually discuss my interests! :tongue:

So a big heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllooooooooo to everyone!

I know the feeling. That or they'll be all "ffsux!" (or some variation) then it's all ":stare: I don't know you anymore"

Welcome to EoFF!

Tonberry Time
12-30-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm really jealous of the Japanese and their annoying habit of not localising games! I'd love to play FFXII IZJS!

Although I usually like to purchase these games, I'm currently playing IZJS through emulator(well, it's either that or not playing it at all). It's in english too, think they pulled the text from the original game. So far I'm really liking into the story, but I'm haunted by poor early-game class/license board decisions...

Formalhaut
12-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Ah, I see! It's not just Final Fantasy! I'm fairly certain FFX-2 got the Japan only treatment, as did Kingdom Hearts and their famous Final Mixes.

It is annoying, to say the least. They always get it better. Hmph. But enough about me moaning about things I will never get. What sort of things do you enjoy doing besides playing FF? Also, what led you to find EoFF? Sorry if this is sounding like an interrogation, but I like to know about new people!

Tonberry Time
12-30-2012, 01:38 AM
I randomly stumbled into here through finalfantasy wikia, and unlike most Final Fantasy/SE-dedicated forums this didn't look dead and deserted. So I thought I might as well create an account and start posting. :p

Let's see, other interests... I guess movies, books, board games and all that stuff, and the occasional trip in the mountains. :)

And there's probably fansubbed versions of those games floating around the internet, if you have a computer that's up to date setting up an emulator isn't black magic. And since it's games that won't be released outside Japan anyway, it's a victimless crime. :)

Pike
12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Hello Tonberry Time, you have some exquisite taste in games as I can see from your other posts!

I know how you feel all too well; I've gotten to the point where I hate answering the question "What games are you currently playing" when my co-workers ask, because they inevitably haven't heard of anything I'm playing. :(

Stick around and keep playing the fantastic games you do! :jess:

Formalhaut
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I've given up discussing games with anyone whose not on these forums. To everyone on the outside, I never play games at all!

Lonely Paper Star
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome! Cute username~ :tonberry:

Madame Adequate
12-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I think you may have arrived at the right place my friend! We talk about all sorts of games here :D

Night Fury
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Welcome to Eyes On! :D

Jinx
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Bitchin' name.

Tonberry Time
12-31-2012, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Hello Tonberry Time, you have some exquisite taste in games as I can see from your other posts!

I know how you feel all too well; I've gotten to the point where I hate answering the question "What games are you currently playing" when my co-workers ask, because they inevitably haven't heard of anything I'm playing. :(

Stick around and keep playing the fantastic games you do! :jess:

I know what you mean, I'll usually just reply "Skyrim" even though I rarely play that anymore. Explaining why I'm playing a 15-year old PS1 game is too much of a chore.