PDA

View Full Version : UMD versus Download

Skyblade
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
I had picked up War of the Lions on UMD back when it was first released, and I find it still has several of the original's annoying technical problems. Namely, load times and slowdown when activating abilities. Does the PSN version still have these problems, or does eliminating the optical media get rid of them?

VeloZer0
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
I believe that the digital version of WotL is slightly faster than the UMD version, but it still noticeably slower than the PS1 version.

Now there are other advantages to the download, such as not being able to lose it while traveling and being forced to buy it again.... :eep:

Roogle
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
I believe you can apply a patch to the game that will eliminate the slowdowns in abilities if you have a digital copy of the game.

If I recall correctly, too, I thought that the Final Fantasy Tactics on the Playstation Network was a port of the Playstation version of the game, not a port of War of the Lions?

Skyblade
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I believe you can apply a patch to the game that will eliminate the slowdowns in abilities if you have a digital copy of the game.

If I recall correctly, too, I thought that the Final Fantasy Tactics on the Playstation Network was a port of the Playstation version of the game, not a port of War of the Lions?

Both are available on PSN, actually. How do I patch a PSP game? And could I patch it if I'm playing it on the Vita?